Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Rule #1 - You can never carry adequate spares. Whatever part you need will be the one you didn't bring.
    Rule #2 - You can never carry enough credit cards. A card will get your vehicle towed, get you a bus ticket, rental car, or motel room, or even buy that one spare you didn't bring along.
    Like I read on this forum. He went to a dealer and he had to order it. When he called about the part, they told him about 4 weeks to get it. Like the old saying: A Motor Vehicle Is Only AS Good AS It's Availability To Get Parts And Service. That's IMHO.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    Like I read on this forum. He went to a dealer and he had to order it. When he called about the part, they told him about 4 weeks to get it. Like the old saying: A Motor Vehicle Is Only AS Good AS It's Availability To Get Parts And Service. That's IMHO.

Mike

Amen to that bro. AND reliability
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Amen to that bro. AND reliability

The reliability has been good, I have my 2011 RS-S SE5 for about 13 months and almost 10,000 miles. I have an old 2008 service manual and 2011 service manual, I read the old one and went through the new manual and looked a the upgrades. They fixed alot of problems and my new tech. at Freedom Motor Sports ( that did a great job on my RS-S ) told me that they (BRP) are look for the fire problem. It looks like the new owners of BRP are fixing the problems that the old owners had. All they have to do is get rid of the bad dealers. That's IMHO.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

1. Buy all the spare parts you think you'll need.

2. Leave them at home with the significant other, or at a reliable friend's.

3. If you can't fix it on the road or at a local dealer, you're at most a phone call and an overnight FedEx away from a replacement part.

Sadly not as simple as walking into any H-D dealership on Earth and riding out, but it's the compromise we make with BRP.