Thread: Risers

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Risers

So really, no risers (pull back risers) for the RTS SE5?? I can't reach comfortably to the handlebars without straining neck, shoulders, back and arms. My arms are too short to be comfortable. I want to buy one, but can't see it if I can't be comfortable. Do you know if they are coming out with something? Can't find aftermarket anywhere either. I am so bummed..

Spyder Garage

no that the only way they come,but some people are having there seat redone or geting another seat and having it pushed back for long armed or for you pushed foward so you are closer to the bars.any upholster shop can do that but a motorcycle seat company would do a better job.theres always a way to get what you want,yhink out of the box.i know this works many of the long armed men have had the seat modeified to fit them. now go for it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am checking into seats. KonTour said they can do one, but for the RT it would be $1,500. And no guarantee it could get me in the position I really need to be in to be comfortable. Also something about the RT Spyder being the most difficult seat they work on.
    Still waiting on some others to get back to me though.. Russell Long-Day and Corbin. Ultimate said no - won't work. Guess we will see...thanks again!

Spyder Garage

My wife is 5' 1" and not only has her own RS, but rides my RT occasionally. She just moves forward on the seat several inches. I'd be surprised if Russell or Corbin couldn't build a seat accordingly for you. Try rolling up a towel and placing it behind you on the seat next time you are at the dealership. That should give you an idea. If you need the seat lower, too, that should be conveyed to the seat manufacturer.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!