Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs for 2012 RT-S

Has anybody found any highway pegs that will work on the 2012 RT-S SE-5? Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lamont's NBVs are the hot ticket...
    (Just do a quick search for NBV kit and you'll find what you need!)
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 06-30-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Bob! I appreciate the help!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's why we're here! That... and the rest of the day is shot, so I might as well see what I can stir up!
    Stupid 4:00pm wedding anyway...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonsters pegs

Looked at all out there his seem to be the easy way to go
    HM1 Nathaniel V. Mitchell, USN, CC-NREMT-P

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by timmer64 View Post
    Has anybody found any highway pegs that will work on the 2012 RT-S SE-5? Thanks!
    Lamont's NBVs are really easy to install and from what I've seen are the most adjustable to fit you!... love em..
    2010 RTac, Utopia backrest, spyder pops heat shield, KewlMetal grip endcaps, Gps mount, hmt tail lights, day ryders, siebel horn, Kohmo ast tire.. oh yeah wife of 25 years always on the back seat with q2 headset!Correction!!!!.. the Bastrop fires engulfed the poor spyder after 16000 fun filled miles. Now riding 2011 metalic RTS with nbv footpegs, heat shield, hmt with strobe, Utopia backrest, and the same wife of 25 years with g4 headsets.

Spyder Garage

Default NBV is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by dave711 View Post
    Lamont's NBVs are really easy to install and from what I've seen are the most adjustable to fit you!... love em..
    Just installed them today on our 2012 RTS SE5. Used Kuryakyn Widow pegs. Looks great and are very adjustable.
    Let's Ryde!

Spyder Garage

Default Pegs

I have lamonster pegs an I love them.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Got me the NBV's to...easy install...looks cool and works. What sold me was the fact that they were designed with the minimum impact to the Spyder, no drilling, cutting no modification.

Spyder Garage

Lamonts will be what you want. The adjustibility and the fact that the install is the best out there. They look factory.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Default lamont?

where do I see these ? Been looking for some good foot rest. I'm 6 ft. 2 and need some room to stretch out

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm 6'0" and these work well for me.
    Ordering info in the first post
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...021#post388021
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ditto what every one else said about Lamonster's pegs. An hour and a half to install for anyone handy (took me three to install these and the radiator block off plate but I never do know what I am doing and have to make a dozen trips up and down the stairs for tools). Well made and they really are nice.
    Lou
    Last edited by Questions; 07-17-2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you are looking for more than just the pegs, check out the Seal Full Floorboards - get highway peg positions and the full floorboard for even more foot position comfort. And easier on and off loading. VERY EASY install on SE models. SM, not so much......
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindawg1962 View Post
    If you are looking for more than just the pegs, check out the Seal Full Floorboards - get highway peg positions and the full floorboard for even more foot position comfort. And easier on and off loading. VERY EASY install on SE models. SM, not so much......
    Hi Dawg,
    I got that problem you had fixed. The powder coater had a micro film of clear inside the hole. The re bored them to clean it out. They work very smoothly now. I appreciate you working thru the issue on this batch of shifters. Powder coater is aware of the issue and it won't happen again. Thanks for being so understanding and sweating it thru.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Hi Dawg,
    I got that problem you had fixed. The powder coater had a micro film of clear inside the hole. The re bored them to clean it out. They work very smoothly now. I appreciate you working thru the issue on this batch of shifters. Powder coater is aware of the issue and it won't happen again. Thanks for being so understanding and sweating it thru.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Hey - thanks for taking the frantic calls when I thought I was doing something wrong! I was ok with that powder coat issue though- nothing a little sand paper could not fix. Just a little more putzing (technical term again) with getting that CanAm shifter off and the new one on and adjusted properly. My issue there may have actually been with that powder coating though. I will say it is worth the work though! Love the ability to move my feet around for comfort. You need to invent a "recline mode" style now
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindawg1962 View Post
    Hey - thanks for taking the frantic calls when I thought I was doing something wrong! I was ok with that powder coat issue though- nothing a little sand paper could not fix. Just a little more putzing (technical term again) with getting that CanAm shifter off and the new one on and adjusted properly. My issue there may have actually been with that powder coating though. I will say it is worth the work though! Love the ability to move my feet around for comfort. You need to invent a "recline mode" style now
    I'm working on it no. Kit will include a 55" flat screen TV, popcorn and beer holders and a French Maid (or dude) to run along beside and take care of your every need. Look for it in the next issue of Playboy Man About Town.

Recline in comfort,

John
    Seal Recliners

Spyder Garage

Default Recliner

I'm working on it no. Kit will include a 55" flat screen TV, popcorn and beer holders and a French Maid (or dude) to run along beside and take care of your every need. Look for it in the next issue of Playboy Man About Town.

Recline in comfort,

John
    Seal Recliners

John,
    I'm in. How soon can we expect delivery?
    Dick

Spyder Garage

Default NBVs

One question on the NBVs, do you have to install the block off plate or can you adjust the peg where your foot is not in front of the opening? I'm pretty sure I'll get them regardless but was wondering...

Thanks for everyone's knowledge on all threads! You've been a big help to me.

Spyder Garage

if you dont want to feel the heat you need the block off plate and take off the plastac off the bottem so heat can go out the bottem.and if that stel not enough the fancan.i also wraped the pipes. now no heat on me.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Recline in comfort,

John
    Seal Recliners

Now THAT is the spirit of MODS! (3D on the flat screen, please - and make that a "Playboy French Maid" too)