Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Risers or new seat

I have been looking at purchasing a Spyder RTS SE5. I am under the understanding that NO ONE makes risers for their handlebars. I need the handlebars to be closer to me. I have short arms and the reach is very uncomfortable. I am female and am short in arms and leg area. It really bothers my neck, shoulders, arms and back. If I am right on the riser situation, does anyone know if a seat can be made to bring me closer to the handlebars instead of the other way around? I have contacted some custom seat companies and am waiting to hear back from them. Ultimate got back and said all they can do is a pillow that attaches to the small backrest on the stock seat. Not sure how that would work. Doubt I would be sitting correctly on the seat. I am waiting to hear back from KonTour Seating and Day Long Touring Saddle to get back with me.
    Would love a seat I can sit "in" and be up closer to the bars and have a backrest as well. Don't care about the passenger stuff as I doubt I will have many riders behind me but that is also a concern when having something custom made ($).
    I see a lot in the forums that people have the opposite issue and need to be further back because they have long legs.. so they have seats made. Now I am wondering about being closer.. Will that be enough, to get me where I should be comfortably.
    Can anyone help with this problem or has anyone experienced the same thing and got it resolved either by the handle bars or a seat? Thank you in advance for any help I can get. I don't want to buy one and be miserable with strain on my neck and shoulders. Already have issues in that area.

Spyder Garage

Try Corbin seats also. Yes, you have a different request than most.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Russell Day-Long should be able to build you a seat that will place you better. You sit on the machine and take pictures, that you send to them with your measurements. They do a pretty good job within the limits of the seat pan construction.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Risers or new seat

Thank you both for the info. I hope that either Corbin or Russell Day-Long can help. Really hope that if they think they can do it, it would be forward enough for the reach without risers, too.
    I have a Harley Heritage Classic and had to get pull-back risers and a super reduced reach seat so I could plant my feel firmly and reach the bars comfortably. Sue wish they had adjustable handlebars or pull back risers for the RTs.
    Thanks again!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't let the fact that you're looking for something different make you feel... different! The aftermarket has got to have something that'll fit the bill for you; all it takes is some legwork to find it.
    Happy Shopping, and please let us know what you find!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black