Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Throwing in the towel!!

Well after 6800 miles of issue free operation my 2011 RT-LTD's water pump failed, leaving me stranded needing a $150.00 tow to the dealer 16 miles away. Dealer Jim Potts motor group in Woodstock IL inspected the bike on Monday July 25th told me it's the water pump and they would have the parts in 3 days and that I would be back on the road by the weekend. (Never happened) Now at almost 4 weeks I'm told It might be ready by this Tuesday?? I was told by the service manager that the tech just started working on my bike @ 5pm today but will not be in the shop on Saturday and is off on Monday's maybe he will finish on Tuesday?? I new going with this product that service was going to be an issue. I also figured that the dealer network would improve over time and warranty issues would be handled in a expedant and professional manner. I WAS WRONG!! So at this point I regret to say tha I'm throwing in the towel!!

When this bike is ready I am riding direct to my metric dealer and trading it in at what ever price he is willing to give.

I have enjoyed the Spyder community and support of all the people on this web site and would like to say thank you to Lamont for all your help over the the last year. I wish all spyder owners good luck with there dealers and their bikes. May they both be trouble free and give you years of joy.
    BRP reccomends Jim Potts for service but unless you can afford to be without your bike for a month or so I would try Nielson Enterprise or Dockside Marine for all you Northern Illinois riders.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1BLACKSPYDER View Post
    Well after 6800 miles of issue free operation my 2011 RT-LTD's water pump failed, leaving me stranded needing a $150.00 tow to the dealer 16 miles away. Dealer Jim Potts motor group in Woodstock IL inspected the bike on Monday July 25th told me it's the water pump and they would have the parts in 3 days and that I would be back on the road by the weekend. (Never happened) Now at almost 4 weeks I'm told It might be ready by this Tuesday?? I was told by the service manager that the tech just started working on my bike @ 5pm today but will not be in the shop on Saturday and is off on Monday's maybe he will finish on Tuesday?? I new going with this product that service was going to be an issue. I also figured that the dealer network would improve over time and warranty issues would be handled in a expedant and professional manner. I WAS WRONG!! So at this point I regret to say tha I'm throwing in the towel!!

When this bike is ready I am riding direct to my metric dealer and trading it in at what ever price he is willing to give.

I have enjoyed the Spyder community and support of all the people on this web site and would like to say thank you to Lamont for all your help over the the last year. I wish all spyder owners good luck with there dealers and their bikes. May they both be trouble free and give you years of joy.
    BRP reccomends Jim Potts for service but unless you can afford to be without your bike for a month or so I would try Nielson Enterprise or Dockside Marine for all you Northern Illinois riders.
    Which I had seen your thread before my purchase of a 2012 RT. In any event the best to you and yours.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that. I had a new chevy truck in 1986 I think. Manual trans. Dealer or mfg. never could get trans fixed correct. BBB had ruled in their favor 1st time but after repairs and it still did not hold up they had to buy back. Had a Ford truck trans went south on it a month after warranty went out. Had a Ford car trans gone on it also. had trans shop rebuild, day after got it back kaboom again. Chrylser car same problem as soon as out of warranty trans kaboom. I know Yall think I must be doing something wrong. These were automatic and manual trans. Got a new Dodge cummings when they came out 2007 1/2
    Been in shop so much at the begining. They wanted to say that they were the first with this new diesel emission crap. The finally got the bugs out thankfully

Just saying It happens to all products.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited, Lees-sure Excell camper, Aluma MCTXL Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't blame BRP for this I am truly disapointed in the servicing dealer in this case. Mechanical stuff fails that why there is a warranty. If I could have done this repair my self I would have skiped the dealer ,but BRP won't pay me to do my own warranty work. I have owned over 100 diff. bikes over the last 40 years and had my share of warranty claims. None of them ever took 3 weeks + to complete even when the parts had to come from overseas. I am only 1 customer and I'm sure BRP could care less if it takes 3+weeks to handle a warranty issue. I'm sure the have bigger things on their plate. I think I'm tired of beeing held hostage by the small untrained dealer network. Hell even H-D can settle a warranty claim in less than 2 weeks the manufacture makes sure of that. Oh well what you gonna do???

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear you are throwing in the towel but if it happens to me I probably will feel the same way, best of luck to you with what ever you decide, this type of treatment burns me up

Spyder Garage

I have 20,000 Miles on my 09 GS BUT the one time it had a Problem was the week before the 4th of July 2010 AND I waited 40 Days and had a Lemon Case All filled out BUT it has been Flawless since then.
    Lesson- Peak selling season is the worst time to ever have a Problem- They took my Spyder in to keep me happy BUT they were prepping and selling so many other motorcycles that mine was at the end of the line.
    If my problem happened in November it probably would have been less than a week.
    Good Luck!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!