Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Zumo 665 and XM - mystery solved?

So I added it - the traffic and weather and XM seemed to be working great. Then we went on a ride in a group and the XM was horrible reception - cutting out most of the time to the point that I just shut it off. Went riding myself the other day and it was all working great again. Went out with my wife last night and it was terrible again.

Think I figured it out and don't like the answer. When I ride with other people I have the Cardo G9 bluetooth system on - and the XM reception dies. I shut it off last night on the ride with my wife and voila -- reception returned. The GX-40 antenna is mounted on the top of the rear truck so it has wonderful view of the sky.

During that group ride, there was another rider in the group that we tried to connect with on the G9's - never did connect up (yet she and I had paired-up the headsets in the past but on the last ride nothing worked - just more proof that CARDO's suck - see my other love posts on them ) - but she said she knew when we were talking all day long as her iPod would cut out but hear nothing of the conversation.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindawg1962 View Post
    So I added it - the traffic and weather and XM seemed to be working great. Then we went on a ride in a group and the XM was horrible reception - cutting out most of the time to the point that I just shut it off. Went riding myself the other day and it was all working great again. Went out with my wife last night and it was terrible again.

Think I figured it out and don't like the answer. When I ride with other people I have the Cardo G9 bluetooth system on - and the XM reception dies. I shut it off last night on the ride with my wife and voila -- reception returned. The GX-40 antenna is mounted on the top of the rear truck so it has wonderful view of the sky.

During that group ride, there was another rider in the group that we tried to connect with on the G9's - never did connect up (yet she and I had paired-up the headsets in the past but on the last ride nothing worked - just more proof that CARDO's suck - see my other love posts on them ) - but she said she knew when we were talking all day long as her iPod would cut out but hear nothing of the conversation.
    My experience was I just purchased the Sena bluetooth headsets.
    Got them installed in mine and my wife's helmet, went for a ride and they worked beautiful.
    The next day got the Zuma 660 out, paired it with the headset, worked great, mp3, voice guidance loud and clear.
    We go for a ride that night and no communication between my wife and I, just some garbled static.
    Turn off the Zuma and communication back to normal.

Have not figured out the problem yet.

You gotta love technology when its working.