Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recluze View Post
    Yikes! I was seriously thinking of buying a home in Nevada, near Las Vegas, but not any more. How the heck do you have a sand storm and a flash flood at the same time? (I actually know the answer to that. I have been in one of those flash floods). While California has a number of problems, weather is generally the least of them.

I did the B.U.M.P.S tour in Nevada a couple of years ago and about froze. What I did not know is that Nevada is one of the most mountainous places this side of Afghanistan. Who knew? I believe that Las Vegas may be the lowest spot in the state and that is what everyone relates to. Yet there is a ski resort outside of town. Who knew that? Nevada is an interesting state.

Stay cool. It's 104 here and I am parked. There are just too many good days to ride.
    No flash floods - yet. It does get cool here in the winter but not too cold to ride. I understand that Mt. Charleston Ski Resort has the longest ski season of any place in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Pandy View Post
    And who forced you to move to that particular place?

Patrick
    Nobody forced me I moved here by choice and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Tough start to a weekend there...
    When the going gets tough the tough ride their Spyders.

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    Before I went to bed last night it smelled like smoke from a big fire somewhere was blowing into the valley. Maybe that's what the "sandstorm" I saw coming was... Smoke..

Btw. I didn't move here. I was born here. Everyone else moved here. "we didn't land on Sherwood forest... Sherwood forest landed on us!"
    I smelled the smoke also.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Rain last night and this morning. Now the sun is out and the humidity and heat is growing.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America