Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Pahrump Nevada to Albuquerque New Mexico, 647 miles. Next day, Albuquerque to Oklahoma city, 635 miles. Ultimate seat, perfect ryde, easy risers, mirror extenders, Calsci windshild with 4 inch extender, SPX muffler, loud but worth it, 30+ miles per gallon. 2010 RS SE5. Loved every mile.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default miles

450 miles,
    Columbus Ohio to The tail of the Dragon... Well worth the distance as long as your destination is equally worth getting to...
    One weekend 1500 miles and back to work on Tuesday...

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

For your first long journey, breaking it up into two segments makes sense. Beyond 300-400 miles things get a bit tougher. You don't want to sour your wife on the experience. You can stretch the days farther as you get experience and talk about the idea. Just for the record, the Spyder GS/RS wasn't more than a few months old when a couple of riders did 50 CC rides (<50 hours Coast-to-Coast).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

512 miles from Sunrise, Fl to Codele, Ga..
    09 GS Comfort Seat and 1" block...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    For your first long journey, breaking it up into two segments makes sense. Beyond 300-400 miles things get a bit tougher. You don't want to sour your wife on the experience.

A lot depends on the type of riding you're going to do. I broke up my big trip from DC to Chicago this spring into two slices because I knew the first day I'd do plenty of twisties through West Virginia and Ohio. So while it was only about 500 or so miles on the ODO, those were 500 seriously exciting miles. I was Wiped. Out. at the end of that day.

But the other leg of the trip was all sleepy straight backroads and slab, I did 500 miles on that and while tired I wasn't beat to the bone.

/ Ultimate Seat, risers, footboards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've done 500mi in one shot. Stock seat, no throttle lock, no riser or anything else as far as comfort goes. I was not feeling bad at all when we got back home either.

Spyder Garage

First long run on my RS was 1150 in 19 hours.
    Did another run on the RS that was just over 1200.

The RT is much better suited for long rides.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    For your first long journey, breaking it up into two segments makes sense. Beyond 300-400 miles things get a bit tougher. You don't want to sour your wife on the experience. You can stretch the days farther as you get experience and talk about the idea. Just for the record, the Spyder GS/RS wasn't more than a few months old when a couple of riders did 50 CC rides (<50 hours Coast-to-Coast).
    I agree. I think I could push on thru by myself, but it may be a bit much for my better half.

Thanks

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i and the was have been talking about this we use to ride about 600 miles a day when we toured on 2 wheels has we ride the spyder i notice less fatigue we leave Sunday on our trip to IL from MA

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I'm not a 1000 mile day rider....we did that back in the day...before retirement....no need now.....we generally just do our thing.....but...I have 40,000+ miles on my Spyder in 2 years 2 months.....but...with stock seat...550 miles....with Corbin seat 600+ miles.....we stop for gas at about 130 miles....get off...drink water...cool down...and take off again..just be safe and have fun...it's not a race...enjoy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default longest haul

600 mi Amarillo, TX to Houston, TX; stock seat, 2" factory riser. Should add 105F heat from about Childress, TX on. Bike never overheated, but got stuck in "rush" hour traffic in Dallas and almost passed out. Had to stop just south of Dallas and chug down two Sonic Rt44 Strawberry limeades. Made it in one day though.

Have made several ~500 mi rides from Amarillo, TX to Killeen, TX in one day as well.

Would love to do an iron butt ride.