Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    That's only in parade mode, ie; Setting at an idle in very hot temps. for extended periods. the rear cylinder will shut down to cool it, And then will turn back on as soon as you hit the throttle.
    All I know is that all 3 of my HD buds had it happen while in Kansas this year riding in 109 degree heat... and my Spyder didn't have any problems at all.

Limp mode is to protect the Spyder and the rider from further damage... although I will agree that it's over sensitive and could be made better.......

Pretty sure some cars have similar modes now too.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    All I know is that all 3 of my HD buds had it happen while in Kansas this year riding in 109 degree heat... and my Spyder didn't have any problems at all.

Limp mode is to protect the Spyder and the rider from further damage... although I will agree that it's over sensitive and could be made better.......

Pretty sure some cars have similar modes now too.
    Many autos have limp mode...and have for many years. Try "limping" 20 miles to the dealer with your speed limited to 15 mph in first gear...yech!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

They need an update for silly things like a brake light. Throw the ebrake warning or something. Throw a code...but limp? I know we have been over this but needed to vent again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tierhog View Post
    They need an update for silly things like a brake light. Throw the ebrake warning or something. Throw a code...but limp? I know we have been over this but needed to vent again.
    Feel better now?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by madozier View Post
    Yeah, early on failed brake lights were causing issues and the replacement bulbs along with fuses and relays became part of the list of parts many were carrying on long trips. That is more than likely your problem.
    I always carry a set of fuses, spare relay, and tail light in the cavity under the backrest on my GS. If both tail/brake lights goes out you will get limp mode. If a single light goes out you should be OK but may still cause problems.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe the brake...

Quote Originally Posted by StSpyder09 View Post
    Hi all. Traveling to Memphis, on my way from Ohio. Spyder went into limp mode, engine light and dps all came on and Spyder stopped. Its after 7:00 pm. Does anyone have any suggestions for fix to get to Memphis. Or to complete the trip back home to Pensacola?
    I suspect someone's mentioned it, but touching the brake pedal without pushing down on the brake fully will cause this to happen. Some call it riding the brake. If so, stop, turn off bike, restart and keep your foot off the brake until you intend to SLOW down.....smoky

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I made it to Memphis! Thanks to all of you. I tried to post this earlier, but it failed to post. I left the medical center loaded with options and optimism. Went to Walmart, got Original bulbs and replaced. Took a while cause of the rack and passenger backrest. No limp after 50 miles so I decided to keep on to Memphis. No limp at all. So I have to assume it was the faulty LEDs. Thanks again to all of you for everything. I love family1
    St'09

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mr Orange...says it's 102 in McHenry, Il...it's only 92 in Friendswood, TX...we had rain this am ...cooled things down

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Mr Orange...says it's 102 in McHenry, Il...it's only 92 in Friendswood, TX...we had rain this am ...cooled things down
    Rain here too!!!!

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    In your avatar why is the C-130 from Davis-Monthan AFB giving that Airman a boot across the field with the exhaust from its APU? For some odd reason I just took notice of all this.
    You know your Herks! APU - now I know you know more than you're telling

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    I spent a lot of time in the back of those thing while being flown all over this country and the Pacific (CA to HI to Midway to Guam to Japan) as an avionics tech with VFMA-312 & VMAQ-2 out of Cherry Point NC. in the 70's. Then in the 80's I was an In-Flight-Tech with VP-90 on a very distant cousin to the 130, the Lockheed P3. What's your story?
    Signed on in '66, tech schooled in AC pneudraulics, after that, was selected for Minuteman, Bomark, & Titan training - Vandenberg test facility - we actually launched them. From there to Eddies air patch (Edwards) - where I was fortunate enough to work on the most sophisticated planes of my era. Volunteered for Nam and they didn't say no flight crewed and recovered broke 130's out of the jungle. The rest is history as they say.

Spyder Garage

This is so cool how this turned out. Awesome forum!

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StSpyder09 View Post
    I made it to Memphis! Thanks to all of you. I tried to post this earlier, but it failed to post. I left the medical center loaded with options and optimism. Went to Walmart, got Original bulbs and replaced. Took a while cause of the rack and passenger backrest. No limp after 50 miles so I decided to keep on to Memphis. No limp at all. So I have to assume it was the faulty LEDs. Thanks again to all of you for everything. I love family1

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I made it back home to Pensacola Saturday night. No Limp Home Mode since changing the lights in Nashville. Thanks to my creator and thanks to my Spyder Friends. You all are AWESOME!!!
    St'09