Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warmav View Post
    That includes title taxes and temp. It's 24999
    $25k is about right for an RT A&C, the limited runs a little more but will increase your taxes as well.

I second the opinion on good mc training, the Spyder three wheels will make it easier to ride but don't be fooled it is still a very powerful motorbike/trike.

Some states offer trike training and licenses this may be an option for you. If you budget is tight then seek a friend that rides and take some time in a large parking lot a few sunday mornings to get used to it.

Its one of the safest trikes out there today but it still can be dangerous, just take your time walk before you run as they say.

Ultimately and obviously the final choice is yours, like others on this board I'm bias because I have one a love it. I have been ridding over 35 years and this is the best most fun bike I have ever owned.

Keep us up to date let us know what you decide and good luck.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Default expensive ??

Git my white 2012 LTD in February, has not missed a beat!, Love the ride.
    Given the exchange rate, you guys are not bad off, I paid ( converted Australian dollars into yankee dollars) US$ 40.000 plus.....how's that !
    Well, you can't take it with you so might as well enjoy it!
    Jos

Spyder Garage

Default Go for it!....

Once you pull the trigger you'll kick yourself for waiting as long as you did! Follow the advice of the pro's on this forum, read your owner's manual and practice what you read and you'll have one of the greatest riding experiences of your life, bar none! Spyders are being improved in reliability, function and use almost daily. The later ones are particularly trouble free and we only hear about the few which have an occasional problem. 99.9% of those on the road are humming right along. Get you a good Platinum rated dealer who will always go the extra mile. smoky

Spyder Garage

Hey all. My name is tony. Brand new to this site and can ams. I have looked at test ridden and been approvedfor an spyder tour audio conv bike with automatic. Just nervous to pull the trigger. Might be. Bit of a biased site. But your thoughts. Should I just roll with it. I am 40 something and healthy. Not an age thing just never ridden but want to. Any help would be great. Also the the bike would be 27500 out the door is that a standard price or am I a sucker? Thanks. Peace!
    Tony:
    Go for it...one only goes around once and enjoyment you will obtain is second to none! My Dealer, Roberts Motor Sports, Malone NY says: One never sees the collection agent chasing the hearse... Odd but true. From a former 2 wheeler, nothing beats the Y Factor and enjoy!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Cleg;479148] My Dealer, Roberts Motor Sports, Malone NY says: One never sees the collection agent chasing the hearse...[/QUOTE]
    Cleg, I'm gonna start using this one!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm about your age, and bought one a few months ago - a used 2010 Audio and Convenience. I found a great deal and paid about $20K out the door (with 16K miles on it).

I would note that the audio is rather useless, although I don't mind having it. You have to blast it to hear it through a helmet, and at speed it sounds pretty bad (although it sounds great when the motor is off). I use bluetooth helmet speakers and it works very well.

It might save you money to forgo the audio - I'd be very curious to hear if others find the other features worth the cost, and those might simply be something you can add on.

I might also look around for a used one, at least if you are going to finance the cost - I'm glad my wife pushed me to purchase pre-owned - I'm told here the feature differences from the 2010 to the 2012 are rather small.

No matter which direction you take, I'm sure you'll love yours - just be prepared to wake up at unusually early hours with the desire to get on it and ride!

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    I'm about your age, and bought one a few months ago - a used 2010 Audio and Convenience. I found a great deal and paid about $20K out the door (with 16K miles on it).

I would note that the audio is rather useless, although I don't mind having it. You have to blast it to hear it through a helmet, and at speed it sounds pretty bad (although it sounds great when the motor is off). I use bluetooth helmet speakers and it works very well.

It might save you money to forgo the audio - I'd be very curious to hear if others find the other features worth the cost, and those might simply be something you can add on.

I might also look around for a used one, at least if you are going to finance the cost - I'm glad my wife pushed me to purchase pre-owned - I'm told here the feature differences from the 2010 to the 2012 are rather small.

No matter which direction you take, I'm sure you'll love yours - just be prepared to wake up at unusually early hours with the desire to get on it and ride!
    I too found the audio useless.... Until I installed the rear speakers. Now the stereo is quite usable.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Default On the fence! Help

I'm well past retirement age & last year I decided I needed to do something for fun. Never rode a bike in my life. I've got 2 new hips & fused lower back, so I had 2 options: no bike or a Spyder. Got about 9000 mi & just got back from Durango. Go ahead, have some fun.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Flight Risk's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dick574 View Post
    I'm well past retirement age & last year I decided I needed to do something for fun. Never rode a bike in my life. I've got 2 new hips & fused lower back, so I had 2 options: no bike or a Spyder. Got about 9000 mi & just got back from Durango. Go ahead, have some fun.
    Totally LOVE your style!!! I bought a 2011 RTS SE5 late last year. I have so many sports injuries that I'm held together with wire, plates, screws and maybe duct tape.........this bike opened my world up again! I just can't express the joy of this ride..........and never tire of the interest it generates with people. I even had a much older couple pull up along side of me and gave me major thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!! There is simply nothing else like it in the world
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Drift HD 720 digital video camera w/ remote
    Russell Day-Long Custom Seat and Driver backrest
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I hate the expression "pulled the trigger"

It sounds like the purchase is going to be deadly or something(which it could be if your wife gets mad enough at the purchase). On a different more positive note, I had a 2010 RT and sold it to go back to a maxi-scooter-A Burgman 400. I convinced myself that I didn't need such an expensive machine and that I did not do a lot of long distance rides anyway. After a year without the Spyder I missed it enough that I got rid of the Burgman (scooter) and bought a 2012 RT. Obviously it would have been much cheaper to have kept the 2010 RT.

The bottom line is, when all was said and done-at least for me, having the three wheels is more fun, my wife feels safer on it, I feel safer on it and she enjoys taking the command seat often.(We sold her triked out Honda Silver wing) She likes the RT a lot more.

The one thing I wish it had was air-conditioning . I am in Pa, and it seems to be getting hotter and hotter. The temps are supposed to be over 100 on Saturday. I might as well move back to Texas. At least the humidity was lower there.

I am 59, but feel like 18 when Im on the Spyder. I am not sure that as a good thing always!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey all. My name is tony. Brand new to this site and can ams. I have looked at test ridden and been approvedfor an spyder tour audio conv bike with automatic. Just nervous to pull the trigger. Might be. Bit of a biased site. But your thoughts. Should I just roll with it. I am 40 something and healthy. Not an age thing just never ridden but want to. Any help would be great. Also the the bike would be 27500 out the door is that a standard price or am I a sucker? Thanks. Peace!
    You should be getting 2 years standard warranty + the 2 year extended for free if you buy it before the 10th (we did). You can optionally buy 1 additional year any time during the first two years.

EDIT: Nevermind I see you are including tax & title so I deleted my initial post. Taxes on our is going to be a little over $2k :-( Sounds like you are getting a fair price. Check about that 4-year warranty. Make sure you get it.
    Last edited by RonSTL; 07-06-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Spyder Garage

I've had good luck with the dealer that you're probably talking to. They did a good set up of my RT-Ltd and gave a good walk-through and at the 600 mile tune-up they proactively did the service bulletin work.

get off the fence and hop on board!
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I jumped off the fence

I am now officially a spyder Ryder ! Thank you all for such great information. I hope to see you all on the road to happy destiny!

Spyder Garage

I am now officially a spyder Ryder ! Thank you all for such great information. I hope to see you all on the road to happy destiny!
    Congrats!

What color did you go with?
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Price

As a general rule when I buy any large ticket item, atthe very least I offer the sticker price out the door (this would includeeverything. tax, title, dealer fees, if you can get extended warranty, free 600or 3k maintenance service or some accessory, thrown in the better.

Spyder Garage

Keep in mind that if the dealer does not want to come down in price then they may be willing to through in some extras like helmets special customizing and such because they usually have more markup on extras and so more negotiating power.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So where are the pictures of your new pride and joy??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Way to go! Pun intended!smoky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Delivery at 3 today than picks of my blue and white RT

Yea!

Spyder Garage

what a two tone,ive never seen one so im looking fowared to seeing the piks.on your new er hope you love it,who did you buy from i know cowtowen is the best dealer around in the usa ,but i know you will have fun .ride like the wind, make sure to read the post dos and donts for new spyder riders,it all good and will help in geting the most out of your spyder.

Spyder Garage

Oh! My husband will be bummed -- if yours has blue on the bottom and white on top, you got the inverse of mine (he wanted it, but we can't afford 2 anytime soon).

I just posted this picture of mine at the Trail Ridge Road visitor's center on a different thread, so I'll put it here too and we can compare
    IMG_0765.jpg
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Longmont

[QUOTE=vondalyn;479956]Oh! My husband will be bummed -- if yours has blue on the bottom and white on top, you got the inverse of mine (he wanted it, but we can't afford 2 anytime soon).
    Tell him I am sorry. It is the other half of your bike. I thought it was so cool. I won't get it till tommorrow as its starting to rain now. ;(
    I just posted this picture of mine at the Trail Ridge Road visitor's center on a different thread, so I'll put it here too and we can compare
    IMG_0765.jpg[/QUTell him I am sorry. It is the other half of your bike. I thought it was so cool. I won't get it till tommorrow as its starting to rain now. ;(OTE]

Spyder Garage

Default COOL!

well, at least I can tell him that it's another spyderlover that bought it
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default GO FOR IT

I'am was 65 when i bought my spyder ( red 2011 RTS ) ,it has been 1 year 1 mo. and a great 19000 miles later . go for it . If you ever get to Idaho i will show you some of the best MT. RIDING YOU WILL EVER SEE !!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yea!
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips