Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default I too can relate---just the way it is----

Quote Originally Posted by hogdog View Post
    I just bought a 2013 RT-S. Don't even have it yet, it's still in the crate at the dealer's. Looking through the don'ts, obviously riding on gravel roads is a no-no. Well, I live on a gravel road and this was one of the biggest reasons I bought a Spyder. I've ridden Harley's for a long time, but quit riding when I built a house out in the country. Dumping an Ultra on a gravel road just didn't sound like a good time to me. The longest stretch to get to hard surface is about 3/4 of a mile. Am I destined to have a broken down bike all the time? I was all excited to get back in the saddle.

I can so relate---I wanted a Spyder--bought one- and live on a gravel road. I got 10 to 15 mph max until I hit black top--which is about a mile. I have not gotten my Spyderpops Missing Rock Guard put on yet, This weekend though, and I have heard a couple of rocks get crunched in the belt. Mainly cause where I live they are too cheap to use heavier gravel for the county roads. Anyways--I keep hoping for a miracle and dust control to be put down on our roads. Someday, when enough rich people move out by me I guess. Just use good judgement and you'll be okay.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Updated with a few additions.

Missing vent (that was never missing)
    Toolkit location (for those that didn't read the manual)
    RT Nanny-Code retrieval procedure (Jerbear reminded me I only had it for the RS)
    Complete instructions on pre-setting radio-stations (Badazzsydee discovered the manual's instructions were incomplete)
    ...and couple other items.

Hope it helps!

Ride often, safe, and alert!
    Last edited by Illinois Boy; 04-12-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default tool kit

I don't mean to be difficult and I'm not trying to be a smart As but on the RSS and STS The tool kit is in the Frunk mounted on the right side.
    Thanks Kubie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kubie View Post
    I don't mean to be difficult and I'm not trying to be a smart As but on the RSS and STS The tool kit is in the Frunk mounted on the right side.
    Thanks Kubie
    The list was referencing the RT... sorry Kubie. I'll add that to the list though. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default Bump

Bumpity Bump Bump Bump!!! STICKY THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!