Spyder Garage

Default Wanted: Motorcycle Tour Guide for 7 days in summer 2013 in Wyoming/Montana

I know this is a ways off, but I am looking for a motorcycle tour guide for next summer for the Wyoming/Montana/Idaho (primarily Yellowstone) area.

I was going to post on other cycle sites but realized I had a great resource here. I am organizing a few motorcycle enthusiasts to come out late June or mid-July 2013 and take 7 days to tour around northwest Wyoming/southwest Montana and do Yellowstone and whatever great rides we can get into in that area. We will start in one location (either Billings MT or Jackson Hole or where ever) and loop around back to that location by the end of the trip.

We are looking to hire an individual as a private guide (tour companies want a small fortune) to lead us on the best motorcycle roads and take us to the most scenic sites over the course of 7days. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please PM me to discuss price, routes & details.

I will post this in the General Discussion and Wyoming and Montana chapters as well.
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Default Heavenly rides in Wyoming....

If you contact the Cody, Wyoming C of C or tourism office, they will send you a brochure (or you may get it on line) of a week's worth of one/two day rides out of Cody that are out of this world. They include Yellowstone, Beartooth Gap, Red Lodge, Mt and a number of other breath takingly beautiful attractions. Couple with this a juant up to Glacier National Park and you have an incomparable adventure. Been there, done that! Not fishing for job as tour guide, just wanted to give benefit of my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by smoky; 06-28-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default MT Trip

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    If you contact the Cody, Wyoming C of C or tourism office, they will send you a brochure (or you may get it on line) of a week's worth of one/two day rides out of Cody that are out of this world. They include Yellowstone, Beartooth Gap, Red Lodge, Mt and a number of other breath takingly beautiful attractions. Couple with this a juant up to Glacier National Park and you have an incomparable adventure. Been there, done that! Not fishing for job as tour guide, just wanted to give benefit of my 2 cents worth.
    I appreciate the info! I have already contacted WY Tourism and several others and will now contact Cody and Wyoming CofC. Also appreciate the tips on where to go. Thanks! Usually when someone tells me where to go, it's considerably warmer and not as scenic!
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney

2020 RTL , Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Idaho tour

Where in idaho have you been ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Idaho tour

Where in idaho have you been?

Spyder Garage

Default Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by MIKIE & DEE View Post
    I haven't. that's what this trip is for. We will only probably skim the far east edge of it by Yellowstone.
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney

2020 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Default Been there and done that

I did a week in Wyoming and Yellowstone last year. Great place to ride and sight see. Take your time and see all the great spots. Best if you plot out your daily ride or you may not find room at the inn when you are ready to stop. I'm still working or I would come up and show you around. I planned my own trip and it went great. You have plenty of time so as Nike says, "Just Do It".

Spyder Garage

Default Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by MIKIE & DEE View Post
    There's a great one day ride out of Jackson Hole, Wy up through the Grand Tetons and over into Idaho making a loop through some pretty potato country and back into JH.....JH is less than a day ride from Yellowstone...all ties together very well... Smoky

Spyder Garage

I have bicycled through a lot of that area on two cross-country trips and you'll have a great time. You should plan on riding Going to the Sun Road in Glacier (generally snow closed through June). Go online to the Adventure Cycling Association as they have maps of tours through a lot of the area and their routes are ideal for motorcyclists too. Spend some time on Garmin Basecamp or a program like Ride With GPS and you can plan your trips. For me that's part of the fun. JMO. P.S. I have never taken more than day rides on my Spyder but have done a lot of bicycle touring and always enjoyed sharing experiences with touring motorcyclists at campgrounds.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    And, be sure to incorporate HWY 12 from Lolo, MT West into your route. One of the best bike roads in the USA! You will not be disappointed.
    CapNCrunch
    Stevensville, MT

Spyder Garage

You have picked one of the best areas to go on a tour. Hope you find the right person(s) and specific information as to what is best.

Been there many times, but know I have not seen "all" the good stuff.

Wishing many happy miles on your trip.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This thread is from 2012
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    This thread is from 2012
    They even got me.

I thought it sounded familiar.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

and you got sucked in by a spammer with poor English skills...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    and you got sucked in by a spammer with poor English skills...

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WingmanRT View Post
    I know this is a ways off, but I am looking for a motorcycle tour guide for next summer for the Wyoming/Montana/Idaho (primarily Yellowstone) area.

I was going to post on other cycle sites but realized I had a great resource here. I am organizing a few motorcycle enthusiasts to come out late June or mid-July 2013 and take 7 days to tour around northwest Wyoming/southwest Montana and do Yellowstone and whatever great rides we can get into in that area. We will start in one location (either Billings MT or Jackson Hole or where ever) and loop around back to that location by the end of the trip.

We are looking to hire an individual as a private guide (tour companies want a small fortune) to lead us on the best motorcycle roads and take us to the most scenic sites over the course of 7days. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please PM me to discuss price, routes & details.

I will post this in the General Discussion and Wyoming and Montana chapters as well.
    Just an FYI. If you ever schedule some rides on the Eastern end of Wyoming go to the Devils Tower area and then save some days for around the Rapid City area. LIke Stugis, Deadwood, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Jewel Cave, Custer State Park, etc., etc.
    The rides are absolutely awesome on Spearfish Canyon Road, Needles HIghway, Iron Mountain Road just to mention a few. We did them alll last year and are gong back for more in 2015. Happy riding!
    THE BIG F (Omaha)