Spyder Garage

Default Back from the Owner's Event: Pics and Video

Man I had the BEST time at the owners' event in Durango. I met so many amazing people! From Ray & Cheryl (Rayyou) from Beaumont, TX, Bill Black (Captblack) from southern Georgia, Eric (Lifeisadaydream) from Truth or Consequences NM, Craig & Laura from Conroe, TX (and the whole TX gang!!), and of course Regina (Catniption) from Albuquerque. I had the opportunity to ride with Ed & Cheryl (DocRags) in Albuquerque, and with Bob (Houston crew) in Durango. I met Nancystoy (and got to see Nancy), along with the Spyder 5. I didn't get to speak with Fred (I'm sure he's great!), and I can tell you that Lamont, Mickey, Faran, and Dan are all great folks (as if you didn't know already). There are so many others that I got to meet and it further reinforced the amazing community that Spyder riders enjoy. BRP put on a 1st class event all the way. Here are some pics and a short video. They truly outdid themselves, and could not have picked a better spot for riding and drop-dead, spectacular scenery!

Best!!

--ABQ (Andy)

TheBoys.jpg
    From L to R: Ray (Rayyou), Me (ABQ_Spyderman), Bill (Captblack), and Eric (Lifeisadaydream).

Waterfall.jpg

A beautiful waterfall along the Million Dollar Highway.

SilvertonSpyder.jpg

My bike at the entrance to Silverton from Durango.

RockBridge.jpg

A nice rock bridge along the Million Dollar Highway.

AndyBeckyOuray.jpg

My lovely wife Becky and myself between Silverton and Ouray along the Million Dollar Highway

And here is a short video of the Downtown Durango Spyder invasion!

2009 RS SM5. Passenger Backrest,
    Sport Rack, GloRyders, TricLED Dayrunners,
    LED Halo Kit, and LED fender tips.

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for sharing those pictures and video. Would have loved to been there.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

Thanks ABQ Spyderman the pic were very nice, I hope we get to see a lot more from out their.Thanks again.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

What was BRP's big announcement?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    What was BRP's big announcement?
    They are introducing something new in late September in the Spyder line for the 2013 line-up that we will "love to ride". That's as much detail as we got. They also acknowledged the RT's issues such as Limp Mode and the throttle body problems, and pledged to focus on and improve the ownership experience. They had been so focused on product that they did not focus on the actual experience of ownership: So that's a big deal for them now.

Spyder Garage

I for one was not that impressed with the event. It was ok as events go but not exceptional. I did not like the fact that no vendors were allowed at the event. I did see Spyderpops about a block away, but still.... just my opinion.

As for announcements, I thought the most important thing they announced was that in the vp's words " after extensive testing" they are going to be using new filters which will allow the oil change interval to change to 4600 miles and not 3000. They are also changing the valve check requirement to 14000 k, so it is no longer needed at 6 or 12 k, thus reducing the cost of ownership by approximately 50 percent. They also mentioned the update to the ECM which is listed in another post regarding limp mode and the low rpm damage to the SE5. The rest was just smoke up the..... as it were. Thanks for being the pioneers (i.e. beta testers) and spreading the word.

I thought it was interesting that they had to tell everyone to pick up the registration packets as there were quite a few who apparently registered but never showed, or at least never picked up the packets. He stated that even if you didn't want the packets, he would like you to get the gas card out of it because it was expensive for them to purchase the gas cards.

The big dinner had about (guesstimate) 400 to 500 spiders there and about double the people. He also stated that this was the largest owner event to date.

After all the bikes I have seen here with very cool stuff on them I was disappointed that there were only about 10 or so bikes to vote on for the mods and customizing event. They were nice, but it would have been nice to see more. They were giving away 500 BRP dollars for the best mods and 500 BRP for the best customization.

I did speak to one of the BRP techs at the event about belt vibration and he indicated that even though I just had it adjusted only some 300 mile ago that the vibration is just part of the belt and to give it a little more throttle and it should alleviate the vibration. He said the vibration comes at a time when the belt is neither accelerating or decelerating and that is when it occurs. Nature of the beast... or something like that.

I don't know the official count, but I only witnessed one spyder being brought in on a truck, good news for as many as were there.

The riding is great there, but being from Colorado and having been there a bunch of times, the fun parts for me was taking a tour of the mine in Silverton and also the mill where the ore was processed. Rode down to Shiprock, Mesa Verde National Park, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Been to all several times, but haven't been to Mesa Verde for almost 15 years.

So.... that was my take...

Willy

OOPS.. forgot to mention that they said they will be sent out a mailing to "all RT owners" with a coupon for a new lower side panel with a quick removal to make oil changes easier. He said one would no longer have to remove a bunch of stuff to change the oil. These would be redeemable at the dealer. No time frame was given for availability of the parts.

Willy
    Last edited by billythekidd; 06-23-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update guys. I think the limp mode announcement was a pretty big deal considering how most of us about it even though i haven't experienced it yet. Forrestt must be happy

"I did not like the fact that no vendors were allowed at the event. I did see Spyderpops about a block away, but still.... just my opinion."

I would imagine that they can't have third party vendors there as part of the event if they want to claim warranty is voided with third party mods installed
    Last edited by spyder3; 06-23-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default More Pictures

Here are some more pictures from the event:
    5.jpg
    Ouray, CO

1.jpg
    Mesa Verde

2.jpg
    Catered dinner in Durango

3.jpg
    Ouray, CO

4.jpg
    Silverton, CO

Spyder Garage

Default ...and some more

More pictures:

10.jpg
    Cool cab in Silverton

6.jpg
    Spyders on the Million Dollar Highway

7.jpg
    An old-timey bank in Silverton

8.jpg
    Silverton, CO

9.jpg
    Silverton, CO

Spyder Garage

Default TO OUR HOST & NEW FRIEND

Just wanted to thank you & Becky for showing us a great time. The only things we would change about the whole trip would be the heat and the throttle body problem, which may be a blessing in desiguise. We made many new friends that we would have never met any other way.

THANKS!!!!!
    Ray & Cheryl

Spyder Garage

Default Downtown Invasion

http://<iframe class="restrain" titl...="0"></iframe>

I like putting together little videos from the events for myself. I hope you enjoy it too.
    SPYDEB

Spyder Garage

Default Downtown Invasion

http://

I like putting together little videos from the events for myself. I hope you enjoy it too.
    SPYDEB

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    I for one was not that impressed with the event. It was ok as events go but not exceptional. I did not like the fact that no vendors were allowed at the event. I did see Spyderpops about a block away, but still.... just my opinion.

As for announcements, I thought the most important thing they announced was that in the vp's words " after extensive testing" they are going to be using new filters which will allow the oil change interval to change to 4600 miles and not 3000. They are also changing the valve check requirement to 14000 k, so it is no longer needed at 6 or 12 k, thus reducing the cost of ownership by approximately 50 percent. They also mentioned the update to the ECM which is listed in another post regarding limp mode and the low rpm damage to the SE5. The rest was just smoke up the..... as it were. Thanks for being the pioneers (i.e. beta testers) and spreading the word.

I thought it was interesting that they had to tell everyone to pick up the registration packets as there were quite a few who apparently registered but never showed, or at least never picked up the packets. He stated that even if you didn't want the packets, he would like you to get the gas card out of it because it was expensive for them to purchase the gas cards.

The big dinner had about (guesstimate) 400 to 500 spiders there and about double the people. He also stated that this was the largest owner event to date.

After all the bikes I have seen here with very cool stuff on them I was disappointed that there were only about 10 or so bikes to vote on for the mods and customizing event. They were nice, but it would have been nice to see more. They were giving away 500 BRP dollars for the best mods and 500 BRP for the best customization.

I did speak to one of the BRP techs at the event about belt vibration and he indicated that even though I just had it adjusted only some 300 mile ago that the vibration is just part of the belt and to give it a little more throttle and it should alleviate the vibration. He said the vibration comes at a time when the belt is neither accelerating or decelerating and that is when it occurs. Nature of the beast... or something like that.

I don't know the official count, but I only witnessed one spyder being brought in on a truck, good news for as many as were there.

The riding is great there, but being from Colorado and having been there a bunch of times, the fun parts for me was taking a tour of the mine in Silverton and also the mill where the ore was processed. Rode down to Shiprock, Mesa Verde National Park, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Been to all several times, but haven't been to Mesa Verde for almost 15 years.

So.... that was my take...

Willy

OOPS.. forgot to mention that they said they will be sent out a mailing to "all RT owners" with a coupon for a new lower side panel with a quick removal to make oil changes easier. He said one would no longer have to remove a bunch of stuff to change the oil. These would be redeemable at the dealer. No time frame was given for availability of the parts.

Willy
    Thanks for your feedback.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydeb View Post

Would love to see it but it got blocked. Dang copyright.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQ_Spyderman View Post
    Would love to see it but it got blocked. Dang copyright.
    Me too
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Ok, let me try this again. Youtube should be allowing it up shortly, I found some flaws in my video that I am going to correct and reload it all together. Hopefully you will get to see it
    SPYDEB

Spyder Garage

It works! Well done!! And you even got my wife and me at the 1:13 mark.
    Last edited by ABQ_Spyderman; 06-28-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Great video! Thanks
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydeb View Post

Thanks! I didn't see Catniption, but I saw her bike I know that sounds silly, but I miss her.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

SPYDEB...you did great...thanks for sharing with us.....it was good to see you again and to meet Ben...

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

your above comment deserves a small answer as to why there proably wasn't more bikes to vote on.

1. if you never been to colorado why would you give up riding for a day..
    2. if you compete in other bike shows like i try to do you know right off the bat that vynil graphics can't compare to airbrush painting and if someone spends 5k+ to paint there bike theres just no chance of winning and then theres the poltics of the whole thing basically it comes down to who knows who, as i saw this at spyderfest..but this is just my opinion and i might be totaly wrong but i haven't seen it come out any other way.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post

1. if you never been to colorado why would you give up riding for a day..
    This is my thought too, who would want to not ride their Spyder during the event so it can sit in the HOT sun on red carpet for $500. dollars. When the ride through CO is priceless. Also, if I had $5000. for custom paint, then I probably wouldn't be worried about prize money. I think if they just had to display for one hour during event. More would have participated.
    SPYDEB