Spyder Garage

Default 2011 spyder rt troubles update

Well I thought I would update whats happen lattly to my rt. First BRP told the BBB a lie about it being fix. same day I got there responce back big#1 was picking it up to go to shop(again) then I got it back in time to go on our first trip. before we could make it back BRP lied and tould the State ATT. General that we were on a trip and every thing was ok.Well it wasn't I was tring to get back home with the VSC,DPS,on board computer(would start in gear you didn't have to wait and push mode button to start)not working! I think if every one that is having problems with there spyder-rt's would complain to the Federal Trade Commision maybe BRP would solve the problems! Or maybe a class action law suite I have the address to BRP in the United States pluss phone # where you can send cirtifide (bad spelling) if anyone wants to get them pm me pete

Spyder Garage

Went back and looked at some of your posts on the issues you have had. IMO you have a very incompetent dealer who probably caused your issues at the 600 miles service, which was way overpriced. If I can suggest, ask someone on SL to recommend a competent dealer for you to start over again. From the many posts I have read on this forum over the years, many dealers have caused problems on Spyders because of incompetent service technicians.
    I come from the old school. My Spyder goes to the shop for a specific issue to get fixed or a recall to get done. I have ridden over 67,000 miles on 2 different Spyders and have never been stranded. MY estimated shop costs for maintenance is under $1000 for both Spyders combined. And, no, I am not mechanically inclined...just take my time to do things and know what I can and cannot do.
    I hope you get your issues resolved. I don't think that going to the courts is a way to solve your problems. If for no other reason other than BRP has a lot more money for legal fees than you or anyone of us has. If you work with them through a competent dealer, you will get a lot more satisfaction.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This smells more like a rotten dealer than an actual isue with BRP. After all; they only know what they're being told by the dealer...
    Good luck with this issue, and please let us know if there is any improvement...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I too will jump on the bandwagon here. It also sounds like an incompetent dealer that is feeding you a line.

The threats about class action lawsuits and stuff do not go over to good as they have a lot more money than we do collectively.

BRP has really gone out of their way to solve issues with most customers. There have been some that will say otherwise--but that is mostly because they did not get want they wanted immediately. It takes a little time for the process to work.

You should be in direct contact with BRP. The contact used to be Carlo--I can't remember the new one--but someone will provide the information. Don't trust the dealer to be your go between. It does not sound like its working here.

Like Dudley above, I have now had over 50,000 miles of spyder driving and never broken down on the road.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

with everyone that has posted. If I would take someone to the courts, it's that dealer since it seems they are the ones feeding the lies to BRP, hence the dealer is defaming you (Defamation lawsuit). BRP only goes to what the dealer says. Contact the new BRP person (I believe HER name is Carol) and let her know what the State Attorney is saying so that BRP can trace back to the dealer and see who's right and who's is wrong.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Angry

Guys an gales I have been in contact with BRP (Nancy) for several weeks she listens to big#1 and don't call or ask me anything. Her responce to State Att General was everything is ok an no more problems.this was done before I could get back home salfety. VSC out on board computer out ect.I would love to get this taken care of without the courts getting involed! But I'm at my breaking point. I love my spyder when I've got it and it runs rite. but for the last 3 months they have had it more than me(big#1). the longest I've had it has been three weeks and that was when I was on my first tripand it had problems then but had to get home first.then it went back to shop. I think that BRP should pull the bad dealerships out and find more good ones. in my case I would have to travel a long distance to find another shop.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

If you lawyer up you'll lose communication with BRP, And the dealer.
    You'll then be told we cant fix it till both our lawyers fight it out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    If you lawyer up you'll lose communication with BRP, And the dealer.
    You'll then be told we cant fix it till both our lawyers fight it out.
    haven't lawered up yet but if I can't get my spyder back what else can I do

Spyder Garage

Well I think the dealer is a representative of BRP If the dealer doesn't know what to do BRP should deal with the dealer there's nothing that the costumer can do. And some times it's just to far to find another dealer. It's easy to chime in if your not the one having problems. everyone that paid their hard earned money for a Spyder deserves BRP to deal with their issues in a reasonable time and manner. some folk pay $25,000 and expect to use this as transportation to and from work and BRP and the dealers don't seem to care !
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, with SM5 transmission, Two Brothers muffler, cup holder ,clam shell ISO grips,I pod nano and chrome handlebars. Utopia backrest,chrome foot pegs, chrome passenger floor boards,chrome shifter and brake pedal,chrome windshield bracket and chrome kewlmetal highway pegs

Harleyrick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pellcitypete View Post
    haven't lawered up yet but if I can't get my spyder back what else can I do
    542 mi, 9 hours 47 mins To Cuba, Mo from your home. Might want to trailer it them to Len and let them have a crack at it before this get's out of hand
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White