Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Headset---WOW!

Been riding for years and had 2 prior Goldwings with hard wired helmets to bike. When I bought the RT I opted for no radio as the set up didn't even have a hard wire.
    Just bought a Sena SMH5 for under 100 bucks after reading a post here. Combine with an Iphone 4S and it's amazing. Was out today listening to streaming music combined with voice directions from MotionX and made phone calls while zipping along that were clear both to me and recipient. Nice unit, simple to install and operate.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    Been riding for years and had 2 prior Goldwings with hard wired helmets to bike. When I bought the RT I opted for no radio as the set up didn't even have a hard wire.
    Just bought a Sena SMH5 for under 100 bucks after reading a post here. Combine with an Iphone 4S and it's amazing. Was out today listening to streaming music combined with voice directions from MotionX and made phone calls while zipping along that were clear both to me and recipient. Nice unit, simple to install and operate.
    I heard that they don't do too well if they get wet in rain have you had them in the rain yet.

Myself and wife have the wired BRP sets in our helmets and love them, but was thinking on one of these for my sons helmet.

He as his own iPhone and his own music so figured he could sync to that independently of the sypder

harry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you're liking that setup!
    More proof that there's more than one way to skin a cat!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Surely the Sena SMH10 has gotten fabulous reviews. webBikeWorld picked it as the product of the year when it came out. I want a bluetooth set up badly. Hubby says, "No". I gues he likes his peace and quiet riding as a passenger!!

But if the Sena SMH5 system proves to be nearly as good, for those of us who mostly want intercom, the price is pretty darned good!!

I hope you post up a review after you have used it for a while. A reasonably priced unit for those who want intercom has been long needed. I hope you like it and it serves your purpose well.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

got my SMH10 the other day love it

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Take a look at these http://www.compacc.com/p/UCLEAR-HBC2...r-Dual-Headset
    I am going to get a set as soom as they come in. I like the boomless mic.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'll be doing a couple of hundred miles this weekend and will probably get wet. The SMH5 looks like it should hold up to water ok but that remains to be seen. The IPhone will be velcroed in trunk and plugged in.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default HBC 100

Quote Originally Posted by HICKORY View Post
    Take a look at these http://www.compacc.com/p/UCLEAR-HBC2...r-Dual-Headset
    I am going to get a set as soom as they come in. I like the boomless mic.
    I have the current HBC 100's which are great. Don't have the range or the repeatability of the ones you are waiting for but I don't need that for two-up riding. Available from Revzilla for $180 each so they are a little cheaper than the HBC 200's. UClear makes no mention of the 200's on their website so no way to tell when they'll become available.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hbc 100

I have 2 of the Uclear HBC 100 as well and I love them. The boomless mics are amazing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    I heard that they don't do too well if they get wet in rain have you had them in the rain yet.

Myself and wife have the wired BRP sets in our helmets and love them, but was thinking on one of these for my sons helmet.

He as his own iPhone and his own music so figured he could sync to that independently of the sypder

harry
    I've had both my Scala and Sena in numerous torrential downpours and never had issues with either of them. That said, the Sena wether boot/plug for the ports could be better designed.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

My Sena SMH10 has seen plenty of rain. I haven't experienced any issues with it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Unclear

Quote Originally Posted by lmfarmer94 View Post
    I have 2 of the Uclear HBC 100 as well and I love them. The boomless mics are amazing.

The no mic factor seems like nice idea especially on my shubrth flip helmet. Does the intercom stay on after a gps instruction or do you have to reinitiate intercom mode? I am considering the HBC units since they are being sold at a nice discount with the arrival of the 200. My wife and I share th spyder so distance is not an issue. The lack of VOX. May or may not be depending on the gps answer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

UClears customer service is awesome, drop them a line or call them, they actually have real people that answer your questions I love my HBC100! My intercom mutes for GPS instruction and automatically switches back on
    Last edited by highwayhunny; 06-15-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: forgot something