Spyder Garage

Default Just ordered my RT622

in Lava Bronze Metalic to match my Spyder. I am trying to find the thread on installing the Key and Barrel kit any help is apreciated.

J. D.

Spyder Garage

I'd give your barrel and key to the dealer and let them do it. Thgat's what I did when I picked mine up.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I'd give your barrel and key to the dealer and let them do it. Thgat's what I did when I picked mine up.

Agree, agree.Takes five minutes if you know what you are doing or several days and headaches if you don't.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is what can happen if you do it yourself trailer lock.jpg
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

on your 622. I'll be getting my lava bronze RT-622 on the first of the month and will be having the dealership install the barrel - fer sure!!! That way, if there's a mess-up, t'ain't my fault!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    This is what can happen if you do it yourself trailer lock.jpg

What? Lamont comes over to fix it? Would be nice to meet him...
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Agree, agree.Takes five minutes if you know what you are doing or several days and headaches if you don't.
    I agree 120% !!!! my wife and I had the trailer hooked up and took off to Sam's club. First time using the trailer. we took off our jackets and helmets and put them in the trailer. I locked it and guess what? we came out and tried to unlock and the lock barrel tried to back out and wouldn't unlock. can't get the helmets out so we were stuck. Being new I called the dealer, It was a Sunday and he called a lock smith to come and take care of it pronto. As it turns out the barrel was not installed correctly from the get go. (the dealer installed it to begin with). Mistakes do happen, even by a good dealer, but when they do it they should stand behind it. East Tenn. ATV did just that, even on a Sunday, and apoligized many times. Didn't cost me nothing but about an hour of time. Wife just went back in and shopped some more. For sure have the dealer install it and you will not have to worry about it.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post
    in Lava Bronze Metalic to match my Spyder. I am trying to find the thread on installing the Key and Barrel kit any help is apreciated.

J. D.

Give it to the dealer, let them do it. I installed my own, so far now issues. If you do it yourself just insert the key and push the barrel ALL the way in. you will feel several small clicks but the last click is noticeably more substantial than the others.

I you don't get it seated completely it could come out half way accidentally then you are stuck!
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post

J. D.
    I agree with others. Have the dealer that sold the trailer install it. They likely won't charge anything extra. My dealer included it with the purchase.
    By the way.......nice color!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

(Note to Self: "Shut up and pay the Dealer sometimes!")
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Up tyo 2 Month delay?

What's the deal with the RT trailers? The dealer said it would be at least 1 month and probably 3 months for my trailer to come in? I could take the Pearl White they have in stock but I really want it to match the bike. Amnyone having trouble with delivery of a trailer?

J. D.
    Last edited by TexasSpyder; 06-09-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Misspelling in title guess you can't fix that

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

From what I understand, BRP makes a limited-run on trailers; and once they hit that mark they are done for the year. Who knows if that information is correct; but from all the troubles I hear from people trying to get trailers matching their Spyders... it may likely be true.

With the help of a search by my dealer, I found a dealer near Milwaukee willing to "deal" in the slow month of November '11 to take one off his showroom floor (and off his "floor-plan" financing).

I trailered it home in my covered trailer. The dealer was happy and so was I.

I suggest you put some "auto-trim" around the wheel-well fender-edge. Rocks have made a few dents in mine in that area. I'll be putting trim on it later which will cover the small marks and prevent new ones from happening.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    From what I understand, BRP makes a limited-run on trailers; and once they hit that mark they are done for the year. Who knows if that information is correct; but from all the troubles I hear from people trying to get trailers matching their Spyders... it may likely be true.

With the help of a search by my dealer, I found a dealer near Milwaukee willing to "deal" in the slow month of November '11 to take one off his showroom floor (and off his "floor-plan" financing).

I trailered it home in my covered trailer. The dealer was happy and so was I.

I suggest you put some "auto-trim" around the wheel-well fender-edge. Rocks have made a few dents in mine in that area. I'll be putting trim on it later which will cover the small marks and prevent new ones from happening.
    so what did you pay? I'm trying to hold out until end of year for trailer deal, at the right price I would buy non matching one and have it color matched at he paint shop.

Always looking for the deal of the century

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    so what did you pay? I'm trying to hold out until end of year for trailer deal, at the right price I would buy non matching one and have it color matched at he paint shop.

harry
    If you want the best deal, and you are going to paint the trailer anyway, snag a leftover 2010 or 2011, or buy a used one. JMHO
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post

harry
    I don't know about the deal of the century but I think I got a pretty good deal. I just purchased a 2011 RT-622 brand new in orbital blue, not a demo for $3000. I go pick it up in a week. I put the hitch on this last weekend.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

$3,000 for a new trailer is a really good deal... mine was $3,500 flat out the door and matched my Viper Red RTS.

This dealer was big and had a huge showroom and storage facility for his stock of seemingly endless products. He had a lot of Spyder trailers in his inventory and needed to move some of them out.

I can understand someone needing to find a deal on products; however I was not particularly looking for one. I would have gladly paid the price my dealer was asking if only he had one in stock. He did not so he helped me find a dealer that did. That dealer did not want to do a trade for another trailer of a different color -- which told my dealer the guy probably would be willing to "deal" some if I would simply offer a price. $3,500 was the price I offered and he accepted it. Hopefully he still made a few coins on the deal, and I surely saved a few myself.

Oh yeah... installing the lock-barrell was not that big of a deal... I just following the manual on how to do it and that is exactly how it worked the first time I did it.
    Last edited by Illinois Boy; 06-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners