Spyder Garage

Default soft saddlebags for rss?

i'm not interested in permanently mounted saddlebags as we are more day trippers, but, for that spur of the moment-"let's get ta heck out of here for the weekend," does anyone have a suggestion for a good set of soft saddlebags that are easy on and easy off?

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

http://roadgear.com/adventure-sport-...bags-p-70.html

Had them on my RS. Tell them to lengthen the straps and your off.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Cortech Sport Saddle bags work great. http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/prod...?productid=149
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

I had to put a extra piece of velco in my river road ones that have about 60,000 miles on them, wheeler asked if I found them in a ditch. I just put on some new to me ones that fit better, work great, butt them up to the turn signals, they do NOT work with a passenger.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    i'm not interested in permanently mounted saddlebags as we are more day trippers, but, for that spur of the moment-"let's get ta heck out of here for the weekend," does anyone have a suggestion for a good set of soft saddlebags that are easy on and easy off?
    R&k a small mfg in. N calif makes them and will make them any color and welt great quality go to there web page and you will find a picture of our Spyder pairs installed works perfect
    2 happy happy spyders

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    I had to put a extra piece of velco in my river road ones that have about 60,000 miles on them, wheeler asked if I found them in a ditch. I just put on some new to me ones that fit better, work great, butt them up to the turn signals, they do NOT work with a passenger.
    What they are not AreoStitch?!!! You just answer a question I was going to ask you, regarding the bags you use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I got a set of Givi T469. You can throw them over the rear seat or under the seat. Lots of room and expandable. I like them.

Spyder Garage

I bought a set at Princess Auto (Canada) for $30 and they work just fine, might want to check Walmart or Pep Boys. You can always return them if they dont fit.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

hotglue built some brackets to mount Nelson Rigg SSB-500 cloth bags to the RS. Works really well, and the bags carry a lot. He also welded some rings on top of the bracket so I would have a place to bungee things to the seat.

The video is pretty jerky.... but maybe you will get the idea.
    It lets me go from bags to tour - to sporty in the time it takes to remove 2 nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC28g...ature=youtu.be

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Default i'm bad!

i left out one critical question. do any and all of these work with a passenger on the bike? i won't be using them if the wife isn't going. please respond if you have used them with a partner on the bike. by the way, i do have the passenger extended footrests.

Spyder Garage

Default r and k

i've tried googling r & k in northern ca. and come up with nothing. do you happen to know their website?
    Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    R&k a small mfg in. N calif makes them and will make them any color and welt great quality go to there web page and you will find a picture of our Spyder pairs installed works perfect

Spyder Garage

i've tried googling r & k in northern ca. and come up with nothing. do you happen to know their website?
    Scroll back up to my post, there's links to the site and the pictures
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

Default thanks

thought maybe the r and k was different from the rka. my bad!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    Scroll back up to my post, there's links to the site and the pictures

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i left out one critical question. do any and all of these work with a passenger on the bike? i won't be using them if the wife isn't going. please respond if you have used them with a partner on the bike. by the way, i do have the passenger extended footrests.
    You will probably need to move the turn signals, or go with REALLY small soft bags with a passenger
    . A luggage rack on back with something like a Saddleman rack bag maybe an alternitive.

Spyder Garage

Here is another thread with pictures of soft saddle bags mounted : http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/top...-added-photos/
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Are you still happy with your CL850 bags? I know you have had them for some time and would be able to tell me the pros and cons before I order. Do they provide a lot of storage and have they held up well? If you truly want to know the quality of a product ask someone who has used it for a while I was about two click away from ordering them when I saw your post, the old and the new. They look great on your bike and look easy to install. Thanks for any feedback.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default saddlebags

Received my NR CL 850 bags today. Quality is nice. Lots of storage space. I had no trouble attaching them to my bike. I ordered two extra Velcro straps and had no problems. Will road test them tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    hotglue built some brackets to mount Nelson Rigg SSB-500 cloth bags to the RS. Works really well, and the bags carry a lot. He also welded some rings on top of the bracket so I would have a place to bungee things to the seat.

The video is pretty jerky.... but maybe you will get the idea.
    It lets me go from bags to tour - to sporty in the time it takes to remove 2 nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC28g...ature=youtu.be
    I absolutely love that set up ! Now I need to borrow hotglue so he can help me do that to my cortech bags Any interest in loaning him out or letting me pay him to modify ours ? LOL
    Last edited by kawakii; 07-24-2012 at 11:47 PM.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    I absolutely love that set up ! Now I need to borrow hotglue so he can help me do that to my cortech bags Any interest in loaning him out or letting me pay him to modify ours ? LOL
    he is pretty handy to have around.....this set up is not passenger friendly....but he's thinking about a new set up.....we'll see...

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post
    http://roadgear.com/adventure-sport-...bags-p-70.html

Had them on my RS. Tell them to lengthen the straps and your off.
    Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    I think you mean RKA. I bought them for my Beemer a few years ago. Haven't ridden with them yet on the Spyder yet, but tried them on and they fit. They're expandable, lighter, and more capacity than hard bags.

Spyder Garage

Default Nelson Rig saddle bags

Does anyone know if Nelson rig soft saddle bags can be mounted to the Spyder RSS without interfearing with the passengers legs and access to the passengers foot pegs.

Thanks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    I use these bags as well...They're quality bags and hold alot...Comes with rain covers and very easy to put on and take off...They fit the contour of the Spyder and look good...sporty...

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by btwkent View Post
    Does anyone know if Nelson rig soft saddle bags can be mounted to the Spyder RSS without interfearing with the passengers legs and access to the passengers foot pegs.

Thanks
    I used the Nelson Rig bags I think they were model 950. Here some photos I have from my GS. I still have the bags but not the GS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)