Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Anonymous Donates so Original Grip Buddies Can Become a Sponsor

I never would have believed it if I hadn't lived it:

Less than a week ago, one of our members bought a set of neoprene comfort grips from me for their RT Spyder, and started a thread to review and discuss the experience. Seems my grips answer more than one need for the RT. I was not a member at that moment, so they emailed me and asked me to become a member in order to clarify issues, and answer questions. In the process, it came out that I am the Founder of Original Grip Buddies, a small 1-man USA-Made start-up company in Saratoga Springs, New York. Neither my forum name (Adirondackjack) or my signature line indicated who I was, plus I wanted to respect the forum rules for sponsors.

I was contacted by the administrator both publicly (posts) and privately (PM's) and politely requested to become a sponsor if I wanted to remain and keep posting. Certainly a reasonable request on the part of management. While several kind souls jumped in to argue for me (which was much appreciated), I regretfully had to decline due to budget constraints. There are many start-up expenses which would astound you (not to mention the high costs of patenting and trademarking), along with insurance etc. All things most on this board understand very well, already.

Here's where it gets interesting

I awoke this morning to an email from a philanthropic member of this Board, who had decided to fund my Vendor Sponsorship out of the goodness of his heart, and who had already transferred the funds into my paypal account. His only condition was that I not divulge his identity. Needless to say, I was speechless. This kind of generosity is unprecedented, and along with the incredible early response to my Grips, says volumes about the high quality folks present and contributing on this forum.

Thanks to all who have supported me so far, and thanks especially to one certain member who was kind enough to believe in me and my down-home American Made product. I will never forget this.

Very Sincerely,

David J. Reppert
    Founder
    Original Grip Buddies, LLC
    Saratoga Springs, New York
    info@originalgripbuddies.com
    518-461-3003
    See my grips HERE
    Last edited by Adirondackjack; 05-30-2012 at 08:45 AM.