Spyder Garage

Default New Trailer/Superclamp Install

New Beartrack Trailer
    Bought the superclamp for trailer n spyder. I am lost on install and don't want to drill holes in the wrong spot. There any other way of measuring where you drill holes.
    Besides the way in the instructions?

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smporter420 View Post
    New Beartrack Trailer
    Bought the superclamp for trailer n spyder. I am lost on install and don't want to drill holes in the wrong spot. There any other way of measuring where you drill holes.

Lay it out on a piece of cardboard first. If you get it Right use the cardboard as a template.

An old carpenters saying. Measure twice cut (drill) once.
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 05-25-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smporter420 View Post
    New Beartrack Trailer

I actually drove my Spyder up on my trailer with it attached to the tow vehicle. Then I weighed the tongue weight and adjusted the position of the Spyder to assure the tongue weight was in the range of 10-15% of the total weight of trailer plus Spyder (closer to 15%). That determined where the bike would sit on the trailer and from there it was easy to drill the holes for the wheel chocks. I measured several times to make sure each wheel was the same distance from the side, so there would be no imbalance on a side to side basis, and since I used 2 wheel chocks, I also made sure each was the same distance from the front of the trailer.

It pulls beautifully behind our motorhome or my CR-V, although it's too heavy to pull any distance with the CR-V.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Default Clamps

I marked out the measuring spots on the garage floor as directed by the manufacturer. Then used a chalk line down the center of the trailer and measured from there. I gave it 4" from the front of the trailer to the Spyder nose to be sure of no incidents. Marked out the trailer and drilled. Added some angle on the bottom of the trailer so the mounts and tie down eye bolts don't pull through the deck, welded of course, and done. I need to check distances since I used the wife's 12 RTS and the 10 RTS seemed a little narrower since there was a gap between the outer edge of the tire and mount.