Thread: Budds recalls

Spyder Garage

Default Budds recalls

Bought my 2011 Limited a week ago today. Took it to the dealer today to have the oil changed (only had 1800 miles on her but not sure when the first owner changed it last if at all) and I asked them to do a Budds check on her for recalls and updates. They called me back an hour later and said that there were there recalls on her that needed to be fixed or updated. Said they would have to order the parts from Canada and that it could be awhile. Anybody know what these recalls could be and just how long to expect for parts. I bought her for a big ride to South Dakota in the middle of June and hoping we can still make the trip. I will go to the dealer tomorrow but they didn't seem to informed. They had only worked on 3 Spyders to date and this was there first 2011. What do you think? Think next time I will take it to Vegas 120 miles away. Anyone know of a good Spyder Dealer/Mechanic in Vegas?

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Excellent mechanic in Vegas/henderson at ProShop.
    They are very busy though during summer months but try to keep room for Spyder owners. Chances are though for recall parts they might have to order them as well fro how I understand the BRP recall process works after reading about it here.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Can't help with the recall information--but you should have some good answers by morning.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...Hope that everything works out for your ride...
    Please let us know what happens, and Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Geezer View Post
    Bought my 2011 Limited a week ago today. Took it to the dealer today to have the oil changed (only had 1800 miles on her but not sure when the first owner changed it last if at all) and I asked them to do a Budds check on her for recalls and updates. They called me back an hour later and said that there were there recalls on her that needed to be fixed or updated. Said they would have to order the parts from Canada and that it could be awhile. Anybody know what these recalls could be and just how long to expect for parts. I bought her for a big ride to South Dakota in the middle of June and hoping we can still make the trip. I will go to the dealer tomorrow but they didn't seem to informed. They had only worked on 3 Spyders to date and this was there first 2011. What do you think? Think next time I will take it to Vegas 120 miles away. Anyone know of a good Spyder Dealer/Mechanic in Vegas?
    There's a new one they need to check on 2012-11

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I agree that ProShop in Henderson is great and could be well worth the ride for you. I was surprised that they have been able to get parts from BRP fairly quickly. They are really busy during the boating months so you will definitely want to make an appointment and let them know if you will be waiting for your Spyder or leaving it. Good luck and maybe you can join our Nevada group on a ride some day.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks and would love to join the group

Thanks for the information and I would love some information on the Nevada group. I am obviously a lot closer to Nevada than Salt Lake and would love to make some rides with you. I'm not sure I have ever had an original idea but I sure know good ideas when I see them and I'm not too proud to admit when someone has one I like and will use it. I love seeing others machine and the mods that they have made. Please let me know if there is a link or contact to make.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Geezer View Post
    Thanks for the information and I would love some information on the Nevada group. I am obviously a lot closer to Nevada than Salt Lake and would love to make some rides with you. I'm not sure I have ever had an original idea but I sure know good ideas when I see them and I'm not too proud to admit when someone has one I like and will use it. I love seeing others machine and the mods that they have made. Please let me know if there is a link or contact to make.
    I sent you a private message with the contact info for our group. Hope to see you on the road.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622