Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
Lamonster, with all due respect, I would like to share my opinion. There is a big difference between selling multiple products, especially at $350 versus carrying a single product for $25. What if I developed a really neat Spyder "gizmo" that everyone just had to have and I wanted to sell it for $9.95, not to make a profit but just to cover my costs? How could I possibly get the word out without having to pay $50 dollars or more a month to advertise it? This will only discourage individuals from developing and sharing potentially great ideas with the rest of the Spyder community.
Spyderpops started with one part that was a $20.00 part and he saw the value in placing an ad here and the rest is history. Bores 1 and Alien Arachnid are two more small vendors that are running ad's here so it's not just those who have a $350 product.

As far as promoting a product for $9.95 to other Spyder owners I would suggest ebay for that or one of the other Spyder sites that lets members sell products without a vendor fee.

Running this site is not free even though it's free for you to use. I have a dedicated server for this site and I just sent a $1800 check to my tech that helps keep this thing running the way it does. I'm not even counting the endless hours I put into it. I know of no other site that charges as little as I do for ad space and that is by design. I do my best to make it affordable for the little guy as well and the large vendors. I also screen my vendors and turn down ones that don't have a good reputation so that you guys have quality vendors here to choose from. The rules of the board for vendors are not new and need to be followed to be fair to those who have stepped up to help support this site.