Hybrid View

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Flight Risk's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool Original Grip Buddies

The OEM grips on my RT-S SE5 basically suck.......my hands ached all the time. As the bike grips are heated and I didn't want to lose that, I searched high and low for options.

A friend of mine turned me on to Original Grip Buddies which are made individually to fit all bike grips. They are made of neoprene and install in moments. They basically wrap around over the OEM grips.

I did a 300+ mile ride with them and was amazed at the difference I felt. Hands didn't hurt, felt no fatigue and it actually reduced the small amount of vibration the bike produces.

They are really reasonably priced. The designer holds 10 patents and was an absolute joy to chat with. I received them in just a few days.

If you don't want those giant Kuryakyn clam shell grips (which were way to big for my hands) these grips are the way to go. I just can't say enough about how wonderful they feel. I'm going to the Republic Of Texas Motorcycle Rally in Austin, TX in June and these grips will make the ride much more enjoyable. Check them out!!!

Spyder Garage

DITTO!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am not familiar with the grips you write about, however they sound great. We purchased the oversized foam grips from Reggy at Tricled at Spyderfest and are very happy with the improved comfort. They were only $20 and well worth much more.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not sure if Grip Buddies are the same as Grip Puppies

This thread was also about foam grips

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t=grip+puppies

Eddie Sheppard
    Readng UK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    Not sure if Grip Buddies are the same as Grip Puppies

This thread was also about foam grips

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t=grip+puppies

Eddie Sheppard
    Readng UK
    Hi Guys!

My OGB's are definitely not Grip Puppies. See them HERE

Best,

Dave R.

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondackjack View Post
    Hi Guys!

Best,

Dave R.
    I am going to give them a try, Order is in
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

I ordered at set. I hope they help with that aching feeling after along ride.
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondackjack View Post
    Hi Guys!

Best,

Dave R.
    I have Grip Puppies. Are these the same thickness?
    Can I take them off in the winter when I Put my Velcro Oxford Hot Hands on?
    I Just might try them!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I have Grip Puppies. Are these the same thickness?
    Can I take them off in the winter when I Put my Velcro Oxford Hot Hands on?
    I Just might try them!
    Sarge707-

I will try to describe the differences:

Puppies vs. OGB's

Slip on (with some difficulty)/ Easy to install yourself in 5 min.

Open cell foam rubber/ Closed cell neoprene with embossed
    rubber skin

Absorb Water/ All-weather

Not very effective at
    conveying heat through
    to your hands from heated grips/Heated grip compatible

Gotta cut them to fit your bike/ delivered to you "ready to install"

Modest Vibration damping/ Excellent vibration damping

Look like black marshmallows/ Look OEM

Approx. 3.9 mm thick/ 4.7mm thick

Not sure if this helps, but I tried to give you the information we have.

Best,

Dave R.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just ordered mine too!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Me too! USA made, excellent materials, ingenious simple design, gotta love it.

Spyder Garage

Just ordered 2 sets for me & my wife's Spyder...Will be great if they work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Spyderpops started with one part that was a $20.00 part and he saw the value in placing an ad here and the rest is history. Bores 1 and Alien Arachnid are two more small vendors that are running ad's here so it's not just those who have a $350 product.

As far as promoting a product for $9.95 to other Spyder owners I would suggest ebay for that or one of the other Spyder sites that lets members sell products without a vendor fee.

Running this site is not free even though it's free for you to use. I have a dedicated server for this site and I just sent a $1800 check to my tech that helps keep this thing running the way it does. I'm not even counting the endless hours I put into it. I know of no other site that charges as little as I do for ad space and that is by design. I do my best to make it affordable for the little guy as well and the large vendors. I also screen my vendors and turn down ones that don't have a good reputation so that you guys have quality vendors here to choose from. The rules of the board for vendors are not new and need to be followed to be fair to those who have stepped up to help support this site.
    I have to agree 100%.
    $50 a month is a steal of a deal for the return you'll get.
    At $24 a set of 'buddies' it would pay for itself with the sale of 1/2 dozen sales.

I've used grip 'puppies' for years and love them. Remove them every winter and switch to Oxford hot wrap grip covers. Once I use up my last pair of puppies I may take a look at the 'buddies'..... But I'm a bit concerned about the reuseability of the adhesive.

Good luck on your new sales adventure and welcome to Spyderlovers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default welcome as a sponsor!

Will be ordering a set as soon as I get my new Spyder..... got to get the paperwork done.
    I'd rather be on 3 wheels, but 18 pays the BILLs!
    We are a two SpYder family!

N1RDH

Spyder Garage

$50.00 per month does not seem like a large fee to pay to become an "offical" sponser. There are enough people on here to keep the business going and cover the costs of advertising the product on an ongoing basis.

I recommend giving it a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. There is a little controversy going now--so I recommend pay the fee and sell the product per site rules.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not all that comfortable with the way this thread is evolving. I understand the precepts of small business, start-ups, promotions, etc..

I dont feel it's necessary or necessarily prudent to question Lamont's clearly stated, long time policies on "vending" w/out being a sponsor, asking for special standing for someone or putting him in a position where he feels required to defend himself and/or the integrity of the site. In short, it's his business, he operates it fairly and it is of tremendous value to the Spyder community.

In any endeavor it's always tough to make everyone happy. To create a level field and maintain decorum and civility it's important to have concise, comprehensive criteria by which management, users and vendors interact. All businesses started as one person operations. In order to grow the business, investments in time, talent and treasury were made somehow, to some degree, for some duration. Some businesses are more capital intensive than others. Some are financed using the owners' life savings, some have outside investors and/or venture capital opportunities and some simply don't make it at all for a variety of reasons.

It's totally within Lamont's judgment and authority on how to operate SL. If a business wants to profit from the members it ought to be required to pay the going rate. If members want to donate money to SL, fine. If the members want to help a business, one way would be to allow the donated funds to be put aside and used as venture capital or gap financing or whatever to help out a small business pay the costs of doing business on SL. To do otherwise is totally unfair to the businesses that have paid the going rate. Just MHO.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post
    Not all that comfortable with the way this thread is evolving. I understand the precepts of small business, start-ups, promotions, etc..

I dont feel it's necessary or necessarily prudent to question Lamont's clearly stated, long time policies on "vending" w/out being a sponsor, asking for special standing for someone or putting him in a position where he feels required to defend himself and/or the integrity of the site. In short, it's his business, he operates it fairly and it is of tremendous value to the Spyder community.

In any endeavor it's always tough to make everyone happy. To create a level field and maintain decorum and civility it's important to have concise, comprehensive criteria by which management, users and vendors interact. All businesses started as one person operations. In order to grow the business, investments in time, talent and treasury were made somehow, to some degree, for some duration. Some businesses are more capital intensive than others. Some are financed using the owners' life savings, some have outside investors and/or venture capital opportunities and some simply don't make it at all for a variety of reasons.

It's totally within Lamont's judgment and authority on how to operate SL. If a business wants to profit from the members it ought to be required to pay the going rate. If members want to donate money to SL, fine. If the members want to help a business, one way would be to allow the donated funds to be put aside and used as venture capital or gap financing or whatever to help out a small business pay the costs of doing business on SL. To do otherwise is totally unfair to the businesses that have paid the going rate. Just MHO.
    Agree! - and to both sides take the discussion off the boards please. SpyderLovers is unique and too nice of a place to have a fray business discussion where our opinions are not required for the policies, IMO.
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post

Well said brother. Well said.