Thread: Exhaust ????

Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust ????

Was wondering if anyone has the Spyderattitude exhaust on their RT? If so, which style, are you pleased with it, how hard to install???? Seriously looking to add some better sound.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

yoshimura.jpgdon't have what your looking at but i just put on a yoshimura removed the decibel killer and sounds good has nice little rumble,grumble to it 430.00 w/ship all stainless steel.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi there,
    I've recently fitted a Yoshimura muffler as well, sounds great and performs better. Cost me $429 delivered to Australia because our dollar was high at the time.
    Regards
    Paul...Radar

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder1Attitude

Don't have one on an RT, however wife had one installed on her RS at Spyderfest. Real happy with the sound. It is loud. Good rumble at idle and growls real good on acceleration.

Spyder Garage

I had one installed on my 2012 RT at SpyderFest. I previously had a TBR exhaust on a 2010 RT.
    The Spyder Attitude pipe is definitely louder than the TBR and has a sharper, cleaner sound than the TBR. It is just one step away from a straight pipe! Since SF they have offered another version with a longer muffler which may be just a little quieter.

Better make sure you like loud pipes before you get one of these. I sure find myself trying to keep it quiet around town and anytime I see any LEOs but other than that I love it !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has the Spyderattitude exhaust on their RT? If so, which style, are you pleased with it, how hard to install???? Seriously looking to add some better sound.

i had one of the original ones shultzi made and it def. has a nice sound. But, it did get louder and louder as time went on. It also wasn't as nice looking as the current ones.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Hey, I have the Spyderattitude dual exhaust on my 2011 RT and I love it. I get so many compliments. But like someone else said it is a bit loud, but a good deep, smooth loud.

Husband installed it fairly easily and quickly. I guess my only compliant would be that the tailpipes did not have a snug fit even after adding extra screws to tighten. After losing one tailpipe on a road trip, I bought a pair at a local auto parts stores and I not sure exactly what hubby did this time, but the fit is much better and hopefully I will not lose another one.

Shipping was fast.

If you get them, let us know what you think
    2018 RT Limited , Champange with black and pink strips

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for the input. I'm still looking at options. Guess my thing is I don't like the idea of having to repack after so many miles. Gotta come up with the green too.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

The TBR mufflers have the advantage that you can repack them when they get too loud, plus you can add a Tip to reduce the noise level if desired. The Attitude muffler is solid and can not be repacked but there is not much to burn out so I feel the noise level is unlikely to change much with time. The TBR muffler I had on a 2010 RT became very loud and harsh after 6,000 mi.

I will be interested to hear when anyone has a chance to compare the sound of new models of Spyder Attitude mufflers and the Yoshimura on an RT.

Spyder Garage

I am highly cinsidering this exhaust. Does it require a juice Box I was told that some have been fine without the box is this true?
    2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder601 View Post
    I am highly cinsidering this exhaust. Does it require a juice Box I was told that some have been fine without the box is this true?
    A JB is not available for 2011-2012 RTs. I am using Cowtown's Performance pkg, Ram air & Green Filter, and it all works fine together. I do get occasional popping between shifts but nothing like I had on my 2010 RT. Recently my mileage has improved also.

Spyder Garage

Default Double with a baffle.

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    I had one installed on my 2012 RT at SpyderFest. I previously had a TBR exhaust on a 2010 RT.
    The Spyder Attitude pipe is definitely louder than the TBR and has a sharper, cleaner sound than the TBR. It is just one step away from a straight pipe! Since SF they have offered another version with a longer muffler which may be just a little quieter.

Better make sure you like loud pipes before you get one of these. I sure find myself trying to keep it quiet around town and anytime I see any LEOs but other than that I love it !

Purchased the double for my '12 RT with the baffle in it at Destination Spyder during Bikeweek 2014. Much quieter than without the baffle and still idles with a nice rumble. Attitude was doing installs and letting you test ride pipes on your bike with no commitment. The straight double was too loud, but with the baffle you can still hear your tunes, Garmin, or BT with no problem and it sounds like a motorcycle now. No longer have to look at the tach to see if it's running. $450 out the door.

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ??

Two year old post???
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    A JB is not available for 2011-2012 RTs. I am using Cowtown's Performance pkg, Ram air & Green Filter, and it all works fine together. I do get occasional popping between shifts but nothing like I had on my 2010 RT. Recently my mileage has improved also.
    Actually, the JB Pro is available for 2011-2013 RT/STs. http://www.twobros.com/products/juiceboxpro_canam

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”