Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Sheepskin seat covers

I just received my new sheepskin seat covers from SheepskinFactory.com (http://www.sheepskinfactory.com) I ordered the two piece but they also make a one piece cover.
    Thank you to InspectorGadget for seat cover information.

seat cover.jpg
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Which size are those? Did you phone them and asked them the seat covers for a Spyder?

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    I just received my new sheepskin seat covers from SheepskinFactory.com (http://www.sheepskinfactory.com) I ordered the two piece but they also make a one piece cover.

seat cover.jpg

Spyder Garage

After I got the info from InspectorGadget, I called them and asked about the Deluxe seat cover for the Spyder RT. He said he didn't have a template and he would go down to the dealer, take measurements, and make the cover. He now has a template for a one piece and two piece seat covers. The Deluxe covers were $166, which included shipping.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Thank you very much

After I got the info from InspectorGadget, I called them and asked about the Deluxe seat cover for the Spyder RT. He said he didn't have a template and he would go down to the dealer, take measurements, and make the cover. He now has a template for a one piece and two piece seat covers. The Deluxe covers were $166, which included shipping.

Spyder Garage

Nice looking covers and a reasonable price to boot.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sitting up on top of a pile of sheep is always a special treat!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Sitting up on top of a pile of sheep is always a special treat!
    Says the farmboy
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Default Another Source

I've been using
    http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/s...uxe/Categories sheepskin for years, winter and summer, you can cut to fit if you want.
    Excellent products and several friends also use them.

Spyder Garage

Coming from a newb, what is the benefit of the sheepskin? I'm guessing more airflow to reduce sweat and additional comfort.

Spyder Garage

seat cover.jpg
    Did you have to cut the sheepskin cover to fit your Utopia backrest or did your cover have a slit in it to accomodate the backrest? I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep the stock seat, put on a Utopia backrest and Corbin armrest or buy a totally new seat.

Spyder Garage

I have a Utopia backrest but forgot to tell him. So an auto upholster nearby is going to make a slit for the backrest and serge it.

I also have a Corbin armrest. Pics are at the end of this thread.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-2011-RT/page2

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    Did you have to cut the sheepskin cover to fit your Utopia backrest or did your cover have a slit in it to accomodate the backrest? I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep the stock seat, put on a Utopia backrest and Corbin armrest or buy a totally new seat.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 05-24-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Says the farmboy
    There's a couple of stories about that... but it'd probably get me swatted with the BAN HAMMER for sure!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default DIY Sheepskin Seat cover

I have used IKEA sheepskin covers on my last three bikes (RS Venture, Goldwing GL1800 & Spyder RT) Great comfort feature on those hot summer days. The Rens Sheepskin can be purchased at Ikea U.S. for approximately $30.00. (Add $10.00 more in Canada) It actually fits the Spyder RT seat, both passenger and driver area, very well. When I had a quick release pin in my Utopia driver's back rest I simply cut a slit in the skin to fit over the Utopia bracket and laid the skin over the seat. If it threatened rain I would pull the cover off and stick in the trunk. A word of caution....If the cover gets wet you will get that wet dog smell. You can wash these sheepskins in warm water and mild detergent and some have even washed them in the washing machine on the wool setting, although I would recommend the hand washing method.

Decided a while back to cut the skin in two (one for the driver and one for the passenger) and sew straps with quick releases to secure the skins to the seat. Works like a charm.

Spyder Garage

I use the cover made by Sheepskin Factory I bought at the BMW international rally in PA. It is made for the K1200LT and fits great. It does do up over the glove box a bit but it doesn't matter. I make a big difference in riding comfort. If I am riding 500+ mile days, I use a Airhawk under it because I was blessed with "NO BUTT".
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    .....I was blessed with "NO BUTT".
    Not sure whether it is a blessing or a curse, but I share the same malady.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you guys need a transplant I've got more than several pounds of "extra" to go around...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    I use the cover made by Sheepskin Factory I bought at the BMW international rally in PA. It is made for the K1200LT and fits great. It does do up over the glove box a bit but it doesn't matter. I make a big difference in riding comfort. If I am riding 500+ mile days, I use a Airhawk under it because I was blessed with "NO BUTT".
    So does your Airhawk rest on top of the seat and the sheepskin hold it in place? How do you adjust the air if it is covered up?

I went to the Airhawk website since I have never heard about them before and I read some good info. It looks like you get an air cushion that you put on your existing seat unless you buy a seat from Danny Gray that has the cushion built-in. I didn't really see where they explained how the cushion attaches to the seat unless you use the sheepskin or some other type of cover.

My wife has a hard time setting in one place for an extended period of time, so I'm researching all of the different seating options to make her more comfortable. I've been looking at Corbin, Ultimate Seats, Day-Long, etc... Without actually setting on the seats to compare for myself, it is difficult because every single one of them claim to be the best.
    Last edited by bo9roadking; 05-24-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    So does your Airhawk rest on top of the seat and the sheepskin hold it in place? How do you adjust the air if it is covered up?

I went to the Airhawk website since I have never heard about them before and I read some good info. It looks like you get an air cushion that you put on your existing seat unless you buy a seat from Danny Gray that has the cushion built-in. I didn't really see where they explained how the cushion attaches to the seat unless you use the sheepskin or some other type of cover.

My wife has a hard time setting in one place for an extended period of time, so I'm researching all of the different seating options to make her more comfortable. I've been looking at Corbin, Ultimate Seats, Day-Long, etc... Without actually setting on the seats to compare for myself, it is difficult because every single one of them claim to be the best.
    The Airhawk is a two-piece system: the rubber air "bladder" and the cover it slides into. The cover zips open and shut, holding the bladder in place. The cover has two adjustable straps that go around your seat to hold it in place.

One can easily drape a sheepskin over the Airhawk, or any other cushion (or vice versa, if one were so inclined).
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Related question in a related thread: anyone know what size/shape sheepskin I need for an RS rider seat? Particularly the Alaska Leather ones? I've got an Ultimate Mid-rider, but the seat area's about the size of the stock RS seat.

I've used my beadrider and Airhawk R for the past year with great success, but I've run into two recent problems that's got me looking at the sheepskin option:

1. After all my weight loss, I now have NO BUTT syndrome for the first time in my life.
    2. Perhaps because of #1, I now notice a LOT more seat heat than before, particularly through my Airhawk (while a better cushion than the Beadrider, the Beadrider flows air much, much better than the Airhawk, hence why I alternate between the two based on temp/mood/riding styles, etc.)

Anyway, I think a sheepskin might be a nice thing to try out.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Nice - you don't slide around on the sheepskin and it fits secure? Should be very nice after the saddle is sitting in the sun for a while (OUCH)
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

OK , can you put a sheepskin over the beadrider - and get the beadrider circulation BUTT a softer top covering???

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I use the air hawk under the sheepskin and the sheepskin straps hold the airhawk on. I have never used the air hawk straps. When I get off the bike, I throw it in one of the cases. While riding, my weight holds it in place also. the trick of the air hawk is use "just enough" air to suspend your behind a few millimeters above the seat fabric. It takes much less air than you would think!!
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Opening created and stitched for the Utopia Seat Back
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Opening created and stitched for the Utopia Seat Back
    Looks good.