Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I haven't tried the intercom yet, i hope this isn't the case.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

I hope I am wrong.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    The 665 XM comes thru the GPS and it's constant when it's turned on, so it will override just about everything except GPS directions.
    That has to sound just terrible if it is going through that little GPS (not that the sound on the spyder is all that impressive in and of itself though - but at least it is stereo).
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

Ok, since that has bothered me i went for a short ride tonight but the wife didn't want to tag along

First off, the sound coming from the GPS to my headset sounds fine, and much better using the zumo/xm than the SD card.(i might have had crappy music loaded on the card though)

phone calls on both ends are crisp and clear and the other party could not tell i was on a bike.

Since i didn't have a passenger, I couldn't check the intercom 100% for an actual conversation, but when i used her helmet to communicate with mine,(by pressing the "A" button on her helmet) the xm music did stop playing in my helmet, and thats the way it should work. Once there is no conversation for 30 seconds, the music should come back on, that i could not confirm tonight.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

My headsets are VOX and don't have an "A" button. The XM in the 665 is a stereo so it should sound just fine and it did. I'm glad everything worked out to your liking.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

My headsets are VOX and don't have an "A" button. The XM in the 665 is a stereo so it should sound just fine and it did. I'm glad everything worked out to your liking.

Our headsets uses Vox technology also for voice...So depending on your headset how you would interact using the intercom may differ from our "A" button...but there should be a way. We have the SCR system in our schuberth helmets which are made by cardo and compatible with card units. The 660 worked flawlessly in this respect, so i was surprised to hear the 665 wouldn't.
    Last edited by spyder3; 06-18-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are very happy with the BRP systems we have installed (She is in charge of the music selection).

RR Springfield (1 mile South of Cantrall) Illinois
    Spyder Garage

Default XM Overrides Intercom

The 665 XM comes thru the GPS and it's constant when it's turned on, so it will override just about everything except GPS directions.
    Yep this is the way it works. I've have wired head sets and if the XM is turned on the wife and I can not communicate. Sometimes that is a good thing but most of the time I pay for it in the end.....

Without Trailer
    With Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So to be clear on this - the XM on the 665 does NOT come through the audio system on the RT at all - ever?
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindawg1962 View Post
    So to be clear on this - the XM on the 665 does NOT come through the audio system on the RT at all - ever?
    I do not believe that is the case. When i first hooked mine up, i had it come through the audio system on the RT. I think we have confusion here since some of us are bluetoothing through the GPS, and some are not. It also appears the brp set up is different than a 3rd party.

I will check to make sure the xm will play through the RT speakers when set to do so.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

The 665 XM uses the same sound path as the GPS does thru your bikes audio system to your helmet or the bike speakers on a wired system. Bluetooth is altogether different. The only thing I have that is Bluetooth is my phone, using the BRP adapter, and because it uses the 660 GPS Bluetooth, it has priority and overrides everything. Also, the passenger cannot change the radio stations on the 665 XM either because it's controls are on the GPS device.

With a wired system, the 665 XM will have the same priority as the GPS and will probably override other audio system ie: Aux, CB, Radio, Weather, XM, etc. There is no setting on the cluster for the 665 XM because it is part of the GPS. Audio devices that plug into bike's audio system has a setting in the cluster, ie: AM/FM, CB, XM, AUX, XM (BRP).

I hope I am not confusing you, if so, I am sorry. But understanding this bike and it's systems is not simple to understand or explain.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-18-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Spyder Garage

Steve, i just went out to the spyder without the helmet so lets eliminate the bluetooth scenario. What settings do you have it on to get XM radio through the spyders speakers. I could not get that to work and tried them all...except for the right one of course... I know i did it once...

I get the fm fine through the speakers.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Now you are tasking my memory since I don't have the 665 anymore. On the bike, MIXED on the speaker settings, 100% on the all GPS device settings. Oh, and make sure you turn your volume up on the bike as well. I will send you my phone number via a PM.

The 665 XM radio is a less expensive way to get satellite radio but it has it's own set of issues. So I switched back to 660 and bought the BRP XM. Hopefully someone with a 665 can help you out more than I can.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-18-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

ok, steve, thanks...Its not really a big deal since i use the bluetooth all the time. I thought it might help the other poster who though you can't play the xm through the speakers.(which makes no sense no matter the system) I will mess with it more later on.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

No problem my friend, I just wish I could help more.

Spyder Garage

I do not have anything hooked up via Bluetooth at this time. I have a Garmin Zumu 665 mounted on the top of the dash. This Zumo's harness is connected to the BRP GPS support harness that was purchased from my dealer.

The Zumo 665's harness has a connection for the 40 XM antenna, a positive fused lead, a negative lead, a 2.5 mm microphone connection and a 3.5 mm stereo connection. I do not have anything connected to the microphone jack (it's sealed over for weather protection). The 3.5 mm, positive and negative lead attach to the BRP GPS support harness that attaches to the RT-S harness just in front of the right saddlebag.

This setup gives me GPS audio thru the RT-S speakers. If I choose XM radio on the Zumo I get music thru the RT-S's speakers. I have the Zumo audio mixer set to 100% for all 3 choices at this time.

If I do not turn on the XM radio in the Zumo, I can choose AM/FM or Weather radio on the RT-S to listen to. I have not tried the iPod connection since installing the Zumo 665. I haven't tried muting the XM in the Zumo and then trying to see if the AM/FM or Weather will work, I'll have to try these tomorrow.

I'm not sure if this answers any of your questions.

Edit: OK, I couldn't wait until tomorrow to check the audio thru the Spyder's speaker system for the last couple items. Here's what I found. I plugged in my iPod using the iPod cable in the trunk for the 2012 RT-S and it played as it normally does on on Aux. The GPS was also on and the GPS route audio would mute the iPod and give directions and then iPod would would play again. If I muted the XM while it was playing (still had the iPod plugged in and selected on the Spyder) the iPod audio came back on. Both iPod and XM show up as Aux on the RT-S display when actively playing.

Next I chose AM/FM, then the Weather radio on the RT-S system with the same results, except showing up on the RT-S panel as each normally would.

GPS audio (directions) muted all other audio, including XM, while giving navigation instructions.
    Last edited by cdavid; 06-18-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Follow up
    David
    2012 Spyder RTS SE5 - Sold

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Excellent. Thanks for the in depth information on this.

Spyder Garage

David is the man!

Spyder Garage

Verified everything from the previous post. The XM does play through the spyder speakers, I had the audio mixer on 80% which is where the FM will play. Move that setting to 90 or 100 and the XM plays through the spyder speakers. So, i'm not losing my mind, my memory just sucks!

And if you mute the XM, the FM will also come on..so it works as it should and you can communicate with your passenger. However, if you would rather not you can say the system isn't working...
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons