Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 5 Stars for Bajaron

Just a huge thanks to Bajaron for making it happen. Emailed with him late monday and he responded (star #1). Then i went a little over board and called him and he answered well after business hours (2 stars for that). Then he actually shipped it rush and i got it the next day here in canada !!!!! (1 star). Once received it was beyond complete. I started to slightly panic as i put the plugs in as i thought i didn’t have the paste but then bam there it was in the bag (1 star). So it runs superb now haven’t had it out decided to change the oil while it was apart. Just fired it up to test. The new wires are far better build and quality.

THANKS BAJARON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh

Spyder Garage

Default Yep!

Ron is the man!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Camdenlake View Post
    The new wires are far better build and quality. Josh
    BRP: open the notepad!
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

As much as I love this forum, I get annoyed when BRP is always bashed for their product. After market parts are just that, after market parts. Someone can always improve on a product or an item, but for a manufacturer, there is a price point that they must hit to sell a product in totality. The fact that you can find a better widget out there does not mean the manufacturer is producing a sub standard product. Its a matter of how far do you want to go, and how much money do you want to spend.
    Its great we have so many choices for aftermarket parts here on Spyderlovers for those who want an alternative......

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just for reference plug wire b failed with 2500kms (likley less) from new. There was no bashing intended.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyman View Post
    As much as I love this forum, I get annoyed when BRP is always bashed for their product. After market parts are just that, after market parts. Someone can always improve on a product or an item, but for a manufacturer, there is a price point that they must hit to sell a product in totality. The fact that you can find a better widget out there does not mean the manufacturer is producing a sub standard product. Its a matter of how far do you want to go, and how much money do you want to spend.
    Its great we have so many choices for aftermarket parts here on Spyderlovers for those who want an alternative......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Camdenlake View Post
    Just for reference plug wire b failed with 2500kms (likley less) from new. There was no bashing intended.

Josh
    not from you Josh...sorry for the misunderstanding, and glad all is well with your bike.. 9k here on my original wires and no issue thus far..
    keep my fingers crossed!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

not from you Josh...sorry for the misunderstanding, and glad all is well with your bike.. 9k here on my original wires and no issue thus far..
    keep my fingers crossed!!
    np

Spyder Garage

Just changed my plugs and wires out last night, 18,000 mi. '08 GS (Ron's wire set is top-notch )
    I removed the air box to get to the front plug and wire, but I've seen post where that's not necessary. Beats me how it can be done with the ty-wraps and small working space.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

If you want to pay $93.48 for two BRP sparkplug wires or $31.00 for a BRP air filter that's your choice. I use the best quality for my Spyder. I'm not bashing, I have a price point to meet and I want the highest quality for a good price. That's IMHO.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can we give him a sixth star for his unwavering support??

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

As much as I love this forum, I get annoyed when BRP is always bashed for their product.
    Are there new rules on this forum?
    Shut up and Race!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When did we become

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Can we give him a sixth star for his unwavering support??

Yeah i could have easily gone well beyond 5 stars just a nice star count . Worked out great so far. Will give a good test run tomorrow.

Josh

Spyder Garage

Got my filter kits yesterday!!!! Thanks Ron. You cured my hair loss and weight gain too

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

The fact that you can find a better widget out there does not mean the manufacturer is producing a sub standard product.
    ...9k here on my original wires and no issue thus far.. keep my fingers crossed!!
    That you can say you are keeping your fingers crossed for your BRP plug wires to remain serviceable after only 9K of use says a lot about how much faith you appear to have in the quality of BRP's product. There are more than enough instances of poor component servicability reported by Spyder owners in this forum to bring the issue of the overall quality of BRP's products into question.

BRP's warranty backup is excellent when parts fail, except that the replacement parts supplied are identical, replacing one questionable item with another questionable item. The never-ending saga of throttle body servicability is a case in point. I believe this is one reason why some Spyder riders go to after-market suppliers whenever they can, in the hope that they are buying better, longer lasting components than BRP's 'standard' items.

Buying a better set of ignition wires before the stock items fail is a case in point. Preventative medicine for your Spyder is akin to a person taking statins to prevent strokes and heart attacks. Just my opinion.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Issues with stock parts are not unique to BRP or any manufacturer / product. I doubt anyone would truly bash BRP and still ryde. That said, anyone into tinkering and modifying will always try to upgrade the product from the stock "ok" parts to (hopefully) better ones. Most anyone on this forum fits the tinkerer definition.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by yfx4 View Post
    I doubt anyone would truly bash BRP and still ryde.
    Thank you.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by yfx4 View Post
    Issues with stock parts are not unique to BRP or any manufacturer / product. I doubt anyone would truly bash BRP and still ryde. That said, anyone into tinkering and modifying will always try to upgrade the product from the stock "ok" parts to (hopefully) better ones. Most anyone on this forum fits the tinkerer definition.
    The Spyder has its faults. Most mass-manufactured things do, it's in the nature of the beast. To discuss this here is not to 'bash' BRP, but in a forum context simply to share our experiences of ownership. Inevitably, a forum such as this will disproportionately point up any 'defects', after all there would be little to discuss if owners endlessly expressed their total satisfaction and delight with their machines.

An example of 'tinkering' was when I installed a air horn in place of the stock model, which made a feeble squawk like I imagine a ruptured duck would make. Fairly ineffective in traffic but just about satisfactory for alerting pedestrians in town.

I don't consider the addition of brighter additional blinker LED's to be 'tinkering', I had difficulty seeing the dim green indicator light in the instrument cluster when wearing shades and I felt this could become a safety issue, considering the Spyder's badly-designed blinker cancellation button, which almost requires an act of God before it will work.
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 05-19-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you saying that you took your Spyder (Which we ALL know is perfect...) and made it even more so??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Are you saying that you took your Spyder (Which we ALL know is perfect...) and made it even more so??
    Affirmative.
    (That is 25th Century Star Trek speak for 'Yes', Bob).

Spyder Garage

Great Service !!!!!!!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!