Spyder Garage

Unhappy 2009 roadster value

I have a 2009 roadster with a little over 300 miles on it, Corbin seat adjustable windshield handlebar handbrake and other mods.this bike is still under warranty till April 2013 any idea what its value is? I just do not enjoy riding it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Determining value is easy if you have not modified it. Otherwise you have find a balance between what it's worth and what you have invested. Some mods don't ad value while other add a lot.

The base price I would set the base price at between $13,500 to $14,500 for a quick sale. Add $1,000 for a "I don't need to dump it but would like to sell" sale. The right hand brake mod is desirable for some folks and is expensive so I would add $750 (about half it's new value). The Corbin seat is loved by some and not liked by others. I would add $500 for that as well

So let say a range of $15,000 to $16,500 due to low miles and add ons.

Spyder Garage
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default more time

three hundred miles isn't nearly enough to get used to a spyder. it took me nearly a thousand. give it another chance, unless you don't like riding period. sounds like a nice bike, easily sold
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

with coz. You should give it a thousand miles or so before deciding you don't like it. Unless, you just don't like to ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default spyder value

It may be me I had been riding for fifty years always two wheels then developed a disability. I used to have a Harley FLH before what a change.

Spyder Garage

Default it's you

i sold my flh last year to buy my spyder. for a long time i thought i had made a major mistake. somewhere between 500 and 1000 miles i finally got used to it for the most part. i'm still not fast in the twisties, but i really don't care. i still miss the h d sometimes, but i have grown to love the spyder
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by che57vy View Post
    It may be me I had been riding for fifty years always two wheels then developed a disability. I used to have a Harley FLH before what a change.
    If you approach the Spyder with the expectation that it will replace a Harley, you are making a mistake. The Spyder is not a replacement for a Harley. The Spyder is a fun machine in its own right. In the past, I would tell my friends that the Spyder was 85 percent as much fun as a Harley. With the passage of time, this kind of comparison becomes increasingly less relevent. I love riding my Spyder, just as I loved riding my Harleys. Sometimes we just have to move on. I would recommend you give the Spyder several thousand miles before you make a judgement.

Spyder Garage

Sold my 2009 RS SE for 18,000.00 last spring with 50,000K on her. I figure I had about 11,000 in mods on it . I put it outside of my house and in 15 mins had two offers. Just have to have the right person that wants it. I know the stealer/dealer was only going to give me 14,000 for a trade on my 2011 RTS Limited .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default spyder

Thanks for the input I will give it some more time and see what happens.