Spyder Garage

Default Does anyone use the HeliBars Roadster Handlebar Riser and how good they work?

Does anyone use the HeliBars Roadster Handlebar Riser and how good they work? I'm thinking to buy some. I want to put a backrest and a new seat too. I would like to kick back and ride. I am 6' 1" and have a RSS 2010 bike.

Spyder Garage

I've got them. Love them!!! They put the bars up and back just the right amount for my comfort. You might find that you'd want the 1" BRP riser in there as well as the HeliBar riser given how tall you are. But, as far as I know, that's doable. I really liked the fact that I did not need to cut the handlebars for the install. Some don't like the appearance of the HeliBar riser. But honestly, I don't even notice it's there and not one single person has ever asked what's with the moved ignition. It's a well made product that serves just the right purpose for me. I am extremely happy with it.

Spyder luggage 004.jpg

this is about the best picture I have of the riser on my Spyder. You can't see it that well. But, that's the point as far as I'm concerned!!!
    Last edited by DynamoBT; 05-17-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

@DynamoBT

In the picture you have a small bag on your handlebars can you give me any info on the bag?
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

zrc

Quote Originally Posted by Savant70648 View Post
    Does anyone use the HeliBars Roadster Handlebar Riser and how good they work? I'm thinking to buy some. I want to put a backrest and a new seat too. I would like to kick back and ride. I am 6' 1" and have a RSS 2010 bike.
    I have the Helibar Risers, and I really like them, however, I have never NOT had them. They were on my used '09 when I bought it. That being said, IF you choose them, I heavily suggest the replacement ignition mod. it has a RAM mount and a powerlet outlet on a color matched piece that goes exactly where the ignition used to be. While I cannot fathom that I am the only person with this mod, I am the only person I have ever seen with it.

Spyder Garage

That bag is unfortunately out of production. I may have got the last one in circulation for sale. I hunted high and low for it on the internet. It was made for Ski Doo snowmobiles. I have got to say that it's perfect for my garage door opener!!! BRP should make them for the Spyder. They are a pretty perfect fit!
    Marilyn

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had the 5" risers on my '09 RS and lover the way they let me sit up straighter. The HeliBar risers, a taller windshield and my Seal FloorBoards completed my RS Comfort Package. Today I would have added a Utopia Back Rest like I have on my RT. A great combination to........

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

If anyone bought a helibar riser and doesn't like them, hit me up. I'd like to have a set but am too tight to pay $370!!
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Question

I am considering a Helibar riser for my 2012 RS-SE5. My dealership recommends the Helibar and has experience installing them on Spyders. My question is how close does it get to the handlebar position of an RT?
    Robert G.

Suzuki Burgman 400, Can-Am Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

Default Does anyone use the HeliBars Roadster Handlebar Riser and how good they work?

I have the heli bar riser on my 2012 RSS. It brings the bars up and back 2 inches. The key switch is mounted in a separate enclosure just in front of the handle bars. I am 6' 1" and it makes all the difference in the world. I couldn't say how close it is to an RT but I found out that since I am sitting up much straighter that I needed the much taller windshield. As far as the cost I look at this way, it's cheaper than 4 adjustments from the chiropractor!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365366409.898493.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1365366539.330596.jpg

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Hili bar risers

I have the riser plus the brp one as well raised my up 5.5 in. and back the same
    well worth the money......!

Spyder Garage

I am 6'4" and just picked up ESI's 4" risers. The dealer is installing them this week so I'll let everyone know how they work out. But, just sitting on my Spyder and moving my hands up to the spot where they will be makes me sit up straight. Along with my Rivco floorboards, I almost have a cruiser now.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

I have 4"x1" HeliBars® Handlebar Risers and I thought they were perfect until I road the new ST Limited which is up 4" and back 4" and now I wish I had gone with the 4" up instead but that would have required changing cables. In answer to your question "Does anyone use the HeliBars Roadster Handlebar Riser and how good they work?" they work very well giving you much better control and stability without cutting anything.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I have Helibars+ BRP's 1" riser.
    When I sat on the RS-S in the showroom I knew that I
    would have to get the bars up and back some more as there
    was already the BRP riser fitted. So I got the dealer to fit Helibars
    and I'm comfortable with a straight back.
    The quality of the Helibars is what you would want for anything that
    cost £300.....and cheaper than the alternative which was to buy a
    used RT. I like the looks of the RS and cannot comfortably afford an RT
    so, for me, Helibars were a successful compromise.

Question: What is the ignition mod with a RAM mount and power socket built in,
    mentioned above??
    Anyone??

Spyder Garage

Check out www.helibars.com
    They refer to it as their power option. I was not aware of this when I bought my bars or even until now. It looks like I have another FARKLE TO GET!

Registered Users Motorcycle Mama & Papa's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I added the heli bars to my 1" riser, and I love, love, love. Wish I had installed sooner. I was bending way too forward which caused my neck and shoulders much pain. I also have the powerlet with an X-mount. MM
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight" - Benjamin Franklin

zrc

I have the center ignition powerlet / RAM mount addition mentioned above (I was the guy that mentioned it), it did NOT come on my RS, I put it on after the fact, and it is where my cell mounts on my bike in the center of the handlebars. so it gets power and acts as my gps / etc right there where that plastic blank circular round piece is where the ignition used to be. I installed it myself (So it is obviously not to hard), I am VERY pleased with it, and honestly it would be a pain without it.

I will snap some pics at lunch when I go out and post them.