Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default "Don't touch my spyder" sticker?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the group - picked up my RTS SE5 about 3 weeks ago and love it! I think I saw mention on here somewhere that Lamont has stickers that fit over the pull-down warning card.

Can I order/get one of these? I want to make sure that no foolish souls try to jump on my bike, as I've heard has happened to some people. I think I'd have a fit if I came out and found someone on it (I guess if it was a kid I'd try to control myself, but it would be hard! LOL).

Hope to meet up with some of you eventually. I'm in BC, about an hour outside Vancouver. I don't think there's too many Spyders around here yet.

Liz
    Last edited by Spydergrrl; 05-09-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydergrrl View Post
    I want to make sure that no foolish souls try to jump on my bike, as I've heard has happened to some people. I think I'd have a fit if I came out and found someone on it (I guess if it was a kid I'd try to control myself, but it would be hard! LOL).Liz
    Congrats on the purchase Liz and welcome aboard to another Canuck! And when it comes to your Spyder "kids are fair game"!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydergrrl View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the group - picked up my RT SE5 about 3 weeks ago and love it! I think I saw mention on here somewhere that Lamont has stickers that fit over the pull-down warning card.

Can I order/get one of these?
    I want to make sure that no foolish souls try to jump on my bike, as I've heard has happened to some people. I think I'd have a fit if I came out and found someone on it (I guess if it was a kid I'd try to control myself, but it would be hard! LOL).

Hope to meet up with some of you eventually. I'm in BC, about an hour outside Vancouver. I don't think there's too many Spyders around here yet.

Liz
    Go to this link for details: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-ready-to-ship

Ask for the DMWMS (Don't Mess With My Spyder) decal.
    Last edited by bo9roadking; 05-09-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Florida x-Press Huligans Spyder sticker:

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had a guy grab my throttle and rev it while I was talking to him. I almost punched him. I have SE5 and it was still in first, could have thrown me off. I was not a happy camper. And while Im ranting, when did it become ok to ask someone how much they paid for something and put their hands all over your stuff? Im only 29 but I wasnt raised like that, maybe its just having some country courtesy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Dont get me started

about people getting on your bike. I have found that a cover is the best defense to keep people off the bike. As for asking me how much I paid for my spyder. I am going to walk away from the computer now, and breathe some.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I have let people sit on the Spyder if they were talking to me about it with interest and I really don,t mind if they ask me how much I paid because they may be considering a purchase and for Gods Sake its not a secret?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No sit for sure.............price don't really care when people ask? I wouldn't ask someone myself but I answer no problem.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well generally it all depends on how someones asking. To me its like asking how much money you make...its none of anybodys business, especially for those you know who have no interest in buying one they are just nosey. I generally tell people the price of em, but not what I specifically paid, but its just the way I was raised. I dont mind for people who are generally interested in it to show it to them, possibly let them sit on it, and discuss them. And Ill let kids sit on it and take pictures, they enjoy it. But we all know how to seperate the ones who are more interested in whats in your pocket rather than the bike itself, sometimes it can be a little uncomfortable.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DON'T KNOW HOW WE GOT OFF THE ORIGINAL POST ????

Welcome Aboard, let the parta'y begin...Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-10-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sitting on someone's bike without permission takes a lot of gall and is rude, so a somewhat rude response is justified. I don't mind if someone asks a general "How much do these cost?", but I agree with Armyspyder, a specific "How much did you pay?" while seemingly a subtle difference strikes an entirely different chord.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Are these situations common with a spyder? Preatty much all of the above would go down a bad road in my book. I look after and protect my stuff to the best extent possible. I really dont get people. Oh yeah the stupid factor.

Josh

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Teddy & I would like to say Congrats & Welcome to the SpyderHood

Another poster gave you the link to Lamonts DMWMS stickers. I thought I'd share what Teddy has on his Red Sled, that we got off of Ebay a while back before Lamont came out with his.
    Works for us

Also, a WARNING about children on RT Spyder seats In the following picture, you will see the results of a cute (guessing) around 7 year old little girl, who's daddy decided to let her stand on the seat of Teds Red Sled. Just enough weight to cause the seat to tear right at the seem & ROYALLY PISS ME OFF I saw this happen out of the window of where I have Physical Therapy & didn't worry too much about it at the time, til I got out to the byke & saw the tear with a really small shoe print left behind

Thankfully, we just got the seat replaced under Warranty
    Anyways, &
    ENJOY THE RYDE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 05-09-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Spell correction -LOL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Damn Dave, the father and child would both need therapy if that happened to me. How are you holding up?

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man
    Spyder Garage

I have Lamont's Spyder sticker in my 'pull down card' and I also have his IPS key ( and brackets, road pegs etc.)... I digress. Notice how long it takes to get gas now? Everyone is interested in these things. I get the 'how much' question all the time. I just tell them that they aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for and direct them to the closest dealer if they want more info.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just say "13 to 30 depending on model, options and dealer"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steve635 View Post
    Sitting on someone's bike without permission takes a lot of gall and is rude, so a somewhat rude response is justified. I don't mind if someone asks a general "How much do these cost?", but I agree with Armyspyder, a specific "How much did you pay?" while seemingly a subtle difference strikes an entirely different chord.
    I will let people I know sit on the bike if they ask first. What gets me is when a stranger starts off the first question with how much? If the person is interested in the bike I will tell them.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The whole "How much do they cost?" conversation may simply be the nervous result of wantting to start a conversation; but not knowing how...
    I just tell folks that, "It's not how much I've got in it, what how much I get OUT of it that's important!"
    Touching the bike without permission is just plain rude, and revving the throttle on a running bike is just about as stupid a stunt as I've heard of in recent times... THAT one would have become an entirely different type of discussion!
    But if somebody is inquisitive and polite I'll answer just about anything that they throw at me!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When asked about $ I always give a range and explain the two models and various packages. Never mention how good/bad a negotiator I was.

Spyder Garage

and on the ryde.

You will get a lot of people who will ask questions simply because the is so unique.

I have never seen anyone try to get on my without permission. I would probably react in a negative manner since I think that is about as rude as one can get. It's the same as climbing into someones car to check it out.

Price discussions: it depends on the conversation. I usually start with asking them how much they think it may have cost. If they are really interested, I quote them MSRP. If they are being nosey, I quote them a range.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Holy crap!

I can't believe some kid and his father would do that! That is absolutely incredible. I'm not sure I would have been able to let that one slide.

Spyder Garage

I just tell people they start at around $17,000 and are up to $31,000 depending on what model that you choose.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

On a trip last summer while passing through Yellowstone I met a group of people from Bejing while eating my lunch. They saw my RT-s and were all excited about it. One girl spoke a little English and asked if they could photograph it. They each took a picture of themselves on the trike with me and then each had their photo taken with the sitting on the trike. They had the time of their life. I think they had more fun with the Spyder than watching old faithful.
    Les

Spyder Garage

Default C;mon Cynci...

You've got to teach Teddy to growl when small children approach your Spyder...