Spyder Garage

Default Finally installed the EVO sway bar

Not sure why it took me so long but I finally got to it today. Pretty easy job and I followed the instructions which calls for frunk removal....I really don't think that's necessary but I wanted to see what was in behind there....even found a few zerk fittings so I blew some grease in while I was there.

Then out for a test ride....what a difference, the bike will actually stay planted in the center of the lane instead of wandering from line to line. I really like it, for sure a worthwhile modification.

Now maybe I won't hold up Randy, Rob $ Ron on the next ride!
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Spyder Garage

I was thinking about a sway bar , do you have a link to where you got it from ?

On side by side off road vehicles we take them off for more suspension travel. Funny to add one to keep the suspension down on something else.

If it was really necessary I would like to think Can Am would of put the sway bar on from the start . Wonder what the reason is that they didn't ?
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dwanton View Post
    If it was really necessary I would like to think Can Am would of put the sway bar on from the start . Wonder what the reason is that they didn't ?
    They do. He put a stiffer one on.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default link for the sway bar

how do you get one of thies sway bars?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    They do. He put a stiffer one on.
    I never bent over that far to see - LOL
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Spyder Garage

I did a search and can't find anything on the EVO sway bar , eBay , amazon or bing search ?

Are the new 2012 sway bars on the RSS better than the older models ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dwanton View Post
    I did a search and can't find anything on the EVO sway bar , eBay , amazon or bing search ?

Are the new 2012 sway bars on the RSS better than the older models ?
    Evoluzione, the maker of the sway bar in question, is currently out of business. Bajaron, a site sponsor, will be selling a sway bar shortly.

Spyder Garage

I got it from a forum member from Austrailia....think it was MRB, but he only had 6 of them and is now sold out.

As for why BRP didn't install these right at the factory, I don't know, they certainly should have. There is no ride comfort compromised, that I can tell, and nearly all of the 'squirrelyness' that bugged me so bad is gone.

As wyliec said, Bajaron will be releasing some new ones soon. Keep an eye on this thread....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...he-Spyder-Pike!
    Last edited by dannymax; 05-09-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dannymax View Post

Now maybe I won't hold up Randy, Rob $ Ron on the next ride!
    You sure a heck didnt hold me up...Had a tuff time keepin up to you. Remember my speed run on the interstate...

Glad the law didnt see that...

Spyder Garage

After listening to you guys, I'll definitely have to ride last in the Gawker group. But, I will not ride directly behind Bob when he's wearing his new riding pants.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post
    You sure a heck didnt hold me up...Had a tuff time keepin up to you. Remember my speed run on the interstate...

Glad the law didnt see that...
    I wasn't leading....I was being chased!!

Yeah, that road just begs you to grab some throttle....but it's lousy with gendarmerie most of the time!!

I've been really lucky out there too....

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by dannymax View Post
    I got it from a forum member from Austrailia....think it was MRB, but he only had 6 of them and is now sold out.

As for why BRP didn't install these right at the factory, I don't know, they certainly should have. There is no ride comfort compromised, that I can tell, and nearly all of the 'squirrelyness' that bugged me so bad is gone.
    Very cool! Can't wait to install mine!