Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Lowering the rear & headlight adjustment

We're thinking about lowering the rear of the RT 3". I'm curious if anyone can tell me if the low beam adjustment actually lower the bulbs, or is it the shudder effect to cover the bulb.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It is a mechanical leveling adjustment.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I realize it is mechanical.I've has the light baskets out when I installed the HID's. What I can't figure out is how the lights are adjustedup and down together, since they seem to be hard mounted to the body. I guess it will be trial and error. Thanks for the reply

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

if youre looking to adjust the headlights there is a adjustment screw on ea side of the spyder you remove the panels that have can-am on it and there is a brass looking tall screw near the top.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    I realize it is mechanical.I've has the light baskets out when I installed the HID's. What I can't figure out is how the lights are adjustedup and down together, since they seem to be hard mounted to the body. I guess it will be trial and error. Thanks for the reply
    ??? The right and left sides are not adjusted up and down together, they have separate adjustments. If you are talking about the high and low beams, there is only one bulb and one adjustment for North America. On low beam a shutter merely covers the upper part of the lens.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!