Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Smoothspyder rotary drive bely tensioner

has anyone tried this on a RT ?
    Last edited by MIKIE & DEE; 05-03-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Spyder Garage

Have it, think it helps with vibration, would probably buy it again. If vibration through the foot pedals bugs you, this will help. I would not necessarily call it a must have mod, but it is what it is, a relatively simple mod that helps with a relatively small issue with the spyder, belt vibration (due to a really long belt). Mounting on the RT requires a small amount of mechanical ability. Definitely, and I mean DEFINITELY, a lot easier to mount if you jack up the spyder and take off all of the left side tupperware for better access. And I mean all of it except the foot peg assembly itself. Just my 4 cents (inflation adjusted)
    Last edited by packbuckbrew; 05-03-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

was the belt hard to ajust.

Spyder Garage

I installed mine without taking any panels off ! A bit of a challenge for sure but doable . Well worth the money as it takes 95% of the belt vibration out which I found irritating .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

It certainly can be done without jacking up the spyder and without taking off the panels. But if you value your knuckle skin and prefer not to weave a tapestry of profanity, I strongly suggest jacking up and removing panels (removing these things is really simple and takes almost no time, I cannot see a down side to removing the panels first), it makes the job much easier, and in my hands I felt like I had a better idea how everything fit and worked. I am not a hugely experienced wrencher, so I like to really see what I am doing, and by taking off the panels you can see and get at this project much, much easier.
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS

Spyder Garage

No belt adjustment is needed, keep the belt at the proper tension set by your dealer and follow the directions for installing the tensioner.
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS