Spyder Garage

Default EBC Rotors - Back In Stock

Reviews on the new EBC Semi-Sintered brake pads have been excellent. Much improved stopping power without the noise! Very encouraging! Not to be confused with the underachieving, wimpy Organic pads that EBC has had on the market for some time.

EBC rear rotor and EBC rear semi-sintered brake pads Spyder RT awesome

And now I've got the hard to get High-Carbon, Warp Resistant EBC rotors in stock as well. This combination boasts an 18% improvment in braking over Semi-Metallic brakes and OEM rotors. The originals BRP Semi-Metallic pads give improved braking over Organic but are prone to squeak and squeal.

It is not necessary to change the rotors to get better braking with the Semi-Sintered EBC pads but the combination of EBC pads and EBC rotors is designed to give the greatest breaking improvement.

Front Pads - $46.50 (You need 2 sets)
    Rear Pads - $35.95

Front Rotors - $143.95 (You need 2)
    Rear Rotor - $143.95

All pricing is delivered to 48 US States. I will ship World Wide. Contact me for International shipping costs.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

hey can u supply costs for shipping to australia, on the rotors and pads front rear and is there some pics of the rotors

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rrman01 View Post
    hey can u supply costs for shipping to australia, on the rotors and pads front rear and is there some pics of the rotors
    I really think this is the answer to our braking problems. The OEM BRP Semi-Metallic pads stop really well but are VERY noisy! The various organic offerings are much quieter but give varying stopping performance and all fall short of the stopping power of the original OEM semi-metallic pads. This includes the EBC organics (which is why I ever offered them for sale).

Do we really want to give up stopping distance for less noise? I have been hoping that EBC would incorporate their race proven 'Sintered' technology into a pad and rotor assembly for our Spyders. And they finally did.

Not only do these new EBC Semi-Sintered pads stop as well or better than the original semi-metallic pads, but they are noise free. So we are getting the best of both worlds. If you also upgrade to the EBC rotors the improvement is enhanced even further.

Photo curtesy of Doc.

These rotors are not as sexy as some of the Crotch Rocket, 2 piece alloy center offerings, but the truth is, the extra expense and slightly lighter weight are just not justified with the relatively heavy front suspension on our Spyders. And you can't really see the fancy centers anyway like you would on a 2 wheeled motorcycle.

What you are getting is the High Carbon alloy performance that you want at a really good price. The drilled holes are designed for cooling and the slots help keep the pads clean and reduce noise.

USPS 1st Class Shipping to Australia for just the EBC Semi-Sintered pad set (2 Fronts & 1 Rear) is $12.95 (For the price difference I highly recommend using Priority shipping).
    USPS Priority Shipping to Australia for just the pad set is $18.50
    USPS Priority Shipping to Australia for a full set of 2 front rotors, 1 rear rotor and pads would be $49.95

This price is pretty much universal for all International destinations except for Canada.

USPS 1st Class shipping to Canada for just the brake pad set = $6.50
    USPS Priority to Canada for just the brake pad set = $14.00
    USPS Priority to Canada for the full set of rotors & pads = $34.95

Spyder Garage

RS or just RT? I need front pads asap.

"My old self has been crucified with Christ.It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CRUCIFIED View Post
    RS or just RT? I need front pads asap.
    They both take the same components so it does not matter. I can ship them out tomorrow. I just need the email address attached to your Paypal account to invoice you by email, if that is the way you'd like to make payment.

Spyder Garage

ETA to CA? Spyder is under construction and in pieces in my front yard...lol

"My old self has been crucified with Christ.It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CRUCIFIED View Post
    ETA to CA? Spyder is under construction and in pieces in my front yard...lol
    Great! Where do you live? I could use some Spyder parts!

I can have them there on Thursday by Express mail - $31.50, or by Friday/Saturday by Prioriy mail - $5.50.

Spyder Garage

Do these ebc pads stop better than the stock ones on a gs/rs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larrymz3 View Post
    Do these ebc pads stop better than the stock ones on a gs/rs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I have to confess, I have not yet ridden these Semi-Sintered pads. I've had trouble keeping them in stock up till now, and I just have not had the time to put a set on my Spyder yet.

However, everyone who has purchased them say they stop better than any previous pad they've used. BRP is on their 4th generation of brake pads (I think) and the original, semi-metallic pads probably out-stopped everything since. The problem, of course, is that the semi-metallic pads make a lot of noise.

These Semi-Sintered pads are similar to the pads EBC sells for racing. Not quite as agressive but much better than organic for stopping and much better than semi-metallic for noise. My feeling from the feedback I'm getting is they at least stop as well as the 1st generation semi-metallic brake pads.

If you add the EBC rotors the stopping power definitly exceeds anything else available for the Spyder.