Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It's going to look fabulous!!! Good job so far!

Spyder Garage

Looking good!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

These are the ISO Grips that ordered to go with my new Bed Lined Spyder

grips.jpg

It is going to look so cool when I am done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I wonder how this would work on blacking out the foot peg holders. Would that hold well on the metal if I scuff and do as you did? Should be durable I would think?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I would use 220 grit, really scratch them up and use a lot of adhesive promoter. It should work.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Possum Pusher Competition??

First of all I have to say that when I read your first post about having this idea I thought it was a bit out there, but now that I see the results I can honestly say that I like it - a lot! Great job!!

Ever since the Bump Skid plate came out I've been apprehensive to getting one because I believe that it puts the nose of the closer to the objects that you want to avoid, which would cause you to hit more things and therefore think that the 'Possum Pusher' is doing its job by protecting the front end when in reality, you probably would have cleared the obstacle if the plate weren't on.

Anyway, I've been thinking about how I can protect Libby's front end without having to purchase this plate and you have given me an idea. I think I'm going to try this spray liner on the lower front end of Libby. Anyone foresee any issues with this?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydherLuv View Post
    First of all I have to say that when I read your first post about having this idea I thought it was a bit out there, but now that I see the results I can honestly say that I like it - a lot! Great job!!

Ever since the Bump Skid plate came out I've been apprehensive to getting one because I believe that it puts the nose of the closer to the objects that you want to avoid, which would cause you to hit more things and therefore think that the 'Possum Pusher' is doing its job by protecting the front end when in reality, you probably would have cleared the obstacle if the plate weren't on.

Anyway, I've been thinking about how I can protect Libby's front end without having to purchase this plate and you have given me an idea. I think I'm going to try this spray liner on the lower front end of Libby. Anyone foresee any issues with this?
    I would just like to say that I watched Myth Busters last night and they testing to see if Bed Liner was bomb proof and amazing enough, it was!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to have a bomb proof spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Do I see spray liner gear in your future??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Do I see spray liner gear in your future??
    I didn't even think of that! Might be a little heavy.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yes, it would be heavy, but you could consider it your daily workout and skip the gym!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You at have a bomb proof Spyder, but do you have a shark proof neck tie?... I do. Its made out of the chain mail used to protect divers that swim with sharks. ... I am such a geek.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    You at have a bomb proof Spyder, but do you have a shark proof neck tie?... I do. Its made out of the chain mail used to protect divers that swim with sharks. ... I am such a geek.
    I make chain mail stuff (never a shark proof neck tie, but with a picture I can try), I think I might be bigger geek.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did somebody say, "Bomb-proof"?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Did somebody say, "Bomb-proof"?
    It was a great episode of Myth Busters, if you missed it, try and catch it on the reruns.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The bed lined spyder is complete, you can see pictures here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...d=1#post450388

Spyder Garage

Badass!!! Simple badass!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you! I can't believe how awesome it turn out. It is just like I imagined.

Spyder Garage

SpydherLuv, I was thinking the same thing for the skid plate on my . I am definately going to look into it. Let us know if you decide to go forward and I will do the same.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac View Post
    SpydherLuv, I was thinking the same thing for the skid plate on my . I am definately going to look into it. Let us know if you decide to go forward and I will do the same.
    I am definitely going to give it a try, but other commitments have me tied up for at least a week, so I may not get time to do this until Memorial Weekend. I'm debating whether I want to line the OEM skid plate too, but will make that call once I can get the nose section off and assess the situation.

Spyder Garage

Default rear portion

Like the look and contemplating using it on my RT. I hate the look of the black portion on the rear of the spyder and was thinking about having it painted red to match....I think you may have given me the cheaper solution. Now to see if they have a closely matching color.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No Bumpskid Necessary for this RT

I completed the nose section of my RT last night and am pleased with the way it turned out. I sprayed 4 coats of liner and probably could have done a few more, but got tired and figured I can always add more to it later.

A word of caution for anyone wanting to do this - the majority of what holds this piece to the Spyder are the push button clips. There are 4 bolts to remove - one from each side of the side panels (remove the fan cover from the right side, and the oil cover from the left) and 2 under the nose. To remove the side panels, there is a plastic tab held in place with a metal clip (this is very hard to describe). Once you have all of the buttons removed, you will feel resistance in the panel near the foglight - here you'll need to get your fingers under the plastic and pull straight up - if you don't you might break the plastic tab that the metal clips holds onto. You'll hear a metal clip fall, don't panic, it's not broken. You don't need to remove any other panels, so don't bother removing the mirrors and the other side panels. You will need to remove the frunk lid as well.

Nose01.JPG Nose3.JPG Nose4.JPG Nose5.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow that looks great!!!!

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Looks really cool, I like it.

harry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nice move We helped a buddie do that to his suzuki a few years back its was pretty cool . Im glad to see someone doing this !!! Looking forward to seeing the pics when complete !