Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE BEST BATTERY ? ON SALE NOW

If you are in need of a Battery.... This one has the highest amp/hour rating of 25 ( oem is 21) at 350cca that is the exact same size as OEM ( means it is direct fit).....currently it is on sale for $110 shipped and delivered to you with a two year warranty.....check item number #251046832286....this is an e-bay item....it's agm gel-mat.....it doesn't get anybetter than this one......I have no stake in this other than helping you get a bargain.......Mike..............
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-25-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Awesome. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is a good price on that battery. I've had the Motobatt battery bookmarked for a couple of years. Just waiting on my original battery to die on my '08.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you are in need of a Battery.... This one has the highest amp/hour rating of 25 ( oem is 21) at 350cca that is the exact same size as OEM ( means it is direct fit).....currently it is on sale for $110 shipped and delivered to you with a two year warranty.....check item number #251046832286....this is an e-bay item....it's agm gel-mat.....it doesn't get anybetter than this one......I have no stake in this other than helping you get a bargain.......Mike.............SALE ENDS IN 24 DAYS !!!!!
    Thank you for posting this, I just bought one.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Is it the same battery as this one? Amazon has it for $68.68

http://www.amazon.com/MotoBatt-MBTX1.../dp/B003YMRH70

Spyder Garage

Default MBTX12U not correct battery

Quote Originally Posted by gpthree View Post
    Is it the same battery as this one? Amazon has it for $68.68

http://www.amazon.com/MotoBatt-MBTX1.../dp/B003YMRH70

No, this is the one for Spyder 2007-2009 MBTX24U You can check it at http://www.motobattbatteries.com/motobatt-mbtx24u.html

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boomerkc View Post
    No, this is the one for Spyder 2007-2009 MBTX24U You can check it at http://www.motobattbatteries.com/motobatt-mbtx24u.html

Ok great, thanks a lot.

Spyder Garage

Default BEST BATTERY QUESTIONS

gpthree, the battery you asked about has only 14 a/h rating so it's way under powered......and BOOMERKC , I don't know what you referenced to gpthree....it wasn't the battery he asked about as far as I could tell ??????.......Mike......PS on any Battery you look at make sure you check the spec sheet.....the battery I have referenced as the BEST is also listed under different numbers for different applications BUT it is the same battery.......Mike....You now have less than three weeks at this price......it will probably go on sale again sometime....I have ear-marked so E-bay auto- matically notofies me when it goes on sale.....maybe......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

gpthree, the battery you asked about has only 14 a/h rating so it's way under powered......and BOOMERKC , I don't know what you referenced to gpthree....it wasn't the battery he asked about as far as I could tell ??????.......Mike......PS on any Battery you look at make sure you check the spec sheet.....the battery I have referenced as the BEST is also listed under different numbers for different applications BUT it is the same battery.......Mike....You now have less than three weeks at this price......it will probably go on sale again sometime....I have ear-marked so E-bay auto- matically notofies me when it goes on sale.....maybe......
    I bought the battery, or one of them. Yes the one gpthree asked about is not the same one, but the one boomerkc links to is the same part number.

One word of caution. The picture shows the hardware to connect the cables, but they do not come with the battery. When I contacted the seller on this, I was told the hardware does not come with the battery, and that is why it was not mention in the add. I replied since it was not mentioned in the add that no hardware is included, and it should have been, so the hardware should be provided. I will say the shipping was fast, but I doubt I will buy from that seller again. I only communicated by email to the seller, so I will find out soon what happens. In the mean time I went to Home Depot and bought some 6mm bolts.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just bought one of these batteries yesterday so it could be installed tomorrow along with some scheduled maintenance..$107...free shipping off amazon..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If you are in need of a Battery.... This one has the highest amp/hour rating of 25 ( oem is 21) at 350cca that is the exact same size as OEM ( means it is direct fit).....currently it is on sale for $110 shipped and delivered to you with a two year warranty.....check item number #251046832286....this is an e-bay item....it's agm gel-mat.....it doesn't get anybetter than this one......I have no stake in this other than helping you get a bargain.......Mike.............SALE ENDS IN 24 DAYS !!!!!
    Had a few requests for the link on the battery...Here ya go...
    MotoBatt MBTX24U Battery

Spyder Garage

Default MOTO BATT BATTERY PRICE

Littlebadwolf You rock, Nice find....and yes that is the exact same battery but a much better price......THANKS FROM EVERYBODY...YEA.. Mike.....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Littlebadwolf You rock, Nice find....and yes that is the exact same battery but a much better price......THANKS FROM EVERYBODY...YEA.. Mike.....
    I bought one online from Amazon last evening, should be here soon. Has anybody else also purchased who'd be willing to share any results or install
    tips?

BTW, $110.15 including shipping.

Spyder Garage

Great thread. Thanks.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Default Motobatt...............

I replaced my original when I bought my '08 GS/RS SE5 a couple months ago. Had a couple times when it wouldn't start so went the new battery route after reading this thread. Found the Motobatt to be tight fit and had to stretch the cables to connect (also changed the position of the battery mounting brackets) but have not missed a start since then. Sure hope I don't jinx myself now that I've said that.