Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hater

Spyder Garage

Default Hater

I ran into my first Spyder-hater the other day.

I was cruising along, minding my own business when I saw an approaching guy on a crotch rocket. As we got closer he proceeded to give me the thumbs up. I quickly gave a courteous wave back and to my surprise his thumbs up turned into a thumbs down! This ass went out of his way to get me to wave only so he could, what... rub it in that he really doesn't like the Spyder? It just amazed me how he went on his way to be such a hater. Pathetic.
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RS-S - Racing Exhaust Pipe System Kit - Passenger Peg Extensions * Custom Dynamics: HID Headlight Upgrade Kit - Center Tail Light - Wake Up Brake Flasher - Day Runners- Cool White - LED Front Turn Signals - White LED Front Turn Signals - LED Tail Light Conversion * Spyderpops Kits: Missing Air Dam - Missing Belt Guard - Missing Heat Shield - Air Management Systems * Hornblaster Dual-Tone Motorcycle Air Horn * V1 Radar/Laser Detector - Garmin Zumo 550

Spyder Garage

That's a new one. Usually the crotch rocket riders just ignore me. I would say 99% don't do the wave. Never had an anti-wave before. To each their own. I don't particularly like crotch rockets--but keep that opinion to myself.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's always going to be folks out there who just aren't happy unless they're with somebody else's day...
    It's usually best to just pity them, and then forget them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

As a owner of "crotch rocket", I will always wave to my fellow G/RS & RT owners as I pass you. :-)

Triumph Daytona 675R
    David
    McKinney, TX

chickridin

Quote Originally Posted by WJS View Post

I was cruising along, minding my own business when I saw an approaching guy on a crotch rocket. As we got closer he proceeded to give me the thumbs up. I quickly gave a courteous wave back and to my surprise his thumbs up turned into a thumbs down! This ass went out of his way to get me to wave only so he could, what... rub it in that he really doesn't like the Spyder? It just amazed me how he went on his way to be such a hater. Pathetic.

What a douche!

Spyder Garage

Regarding the crotch rocket a-hole's attitude, I never let a-hole's problems become mine 😏

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

What a douche!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ntxYguy2009 View Post
    As a owner of "crotch rocket", I will always wave to my fellow G/RS & RT owners as I pass you. :-)

Triumph Daytona 675R
    Yeah but can you ride for a four hour stretch....????
    Can't on my 900 Trident....Spyder presents no problem.
    (I'd love to ride the 675 though...bet its an eye-opener)
    Ray

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rayelljay View Post
    Yeah but can you ride for a four hour stretch....????
    Can't on my 900 Trident....Spyder presents no problem.
    (I'd love to ride the 675 though...bet its an eye-opener)
    Ray
    What does that have, If anything to do with the O/P's post.

Spyder Garage

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.... Even if it is without any value.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You know something... You're absolutely right!

Spyder Garage

Just a complete a-hole. I do agree that most of the time if you do not get a wave it is a crotch rocket rider who ignores you. The Harley riders and others will usually give a wave.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

I wave to everyone, it burns calories 😜

Spyder Garage

To be honest, I wave at 100% of the bikes I see, and I would say about 99% wave back, regardless of their ride....maybe I just live in a nicer area of the country ..LOL ... side note... was riding along a 2 lane stretch yesterday, when I saw a little kid riding his minibike, as I approached, he was at the end of his drive watching me. As I passed, I gave him a biker wave, to which I see this BIG grin , and a big back and forth wave back...what its all about !!

Ignore it... for every one , there are 100's of

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Frankly, I always wave if I can ... it's about the brotherhood, not the choice of bike! Just like it's about the ryde ... not the destination.

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

I never wave!! Two hands on the wheel. I give them a "Good Nod of the Helmet!"

I find them riders who wear like skull caps with handlebars REAL high in the Air-- Seldom Nod back?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

wow around by me its usually the sportbike guys who wave and its the cough cough ( harley weekend warriors) cough cough that dont wave . True bikers harley or not wave or wave back . Its the weekend warriors who have their bikes for status dont wave .

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't call a "thumb's down" a hater sign. He didn't like the Spyder...so what? If he was young and daring, he has his own P&V to show off. What's "V"...vinegar, so you probably know the "P". I don't wave 100% because sometimes my mind is in "therapeutic mode" and I don't see another bike. Jennifer waves enough for both of us and she is with me 99.9% of the time. Sometime back we saw TWO RTs riding together on the interstate and not even a look in our direction from them. WE both waved, then went "EH!" and laughed at them. We believe that if we make an effort, we have done our part for the greeting, and that's all we can do. So rather than judge others and get our "knickers in a knot", let's all Ride Safe and Enjoy the Winds.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Hater

Quote Originally Posted by WJS View Post

I always give a wave, no matter what the ryde is. I agree with the other replies that it is about the brotherhood (and sisterhood) of bikers and the open road. SPYDER HATERS ARE JUST INSANELY JEALOUS OF OUR RYDES!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    I always give a wave, no matter what the ryde is. I agree with the other replies that it is about the brotherhood (and sisterhood) of bikers and the open road. SPYDER HATERS ARE JUST INSANELY JEALOUS OF OUR RYDES!
    I'm finding that this is the case with a guy I work with who has done nothing but complain about my Spyder since finding out we bought one. I was showing some friends the pics I took of my wife on the on our ride Monday and he started with the "That's not a real Bike" BS but I cut him off and told him I didn't give a flying what he or anyone else thought about it and to JUST SHUT THE HELL UP and laughed at him which got the others to laugh and jump on him about shutting up too. They told him they would rather have the Spyder than his Harley any day and how cool the Spyder was. It is pretty easy to see the jealousy in his eyes about all the attention the Spyder is getting. Normally, he's a good guy but sometimes he can be a real bonehead and I don't mind telling him so....
    His-2012 Spyder RT-S Quantum Blue ​SOLD / ​Hers-2012 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Not gonna lie I myself tend not to wave unless I'm just putting around relaxed cruising (I do make an effort if waved at if the situation permits, but they will get the head bob if I can't do anything else). But as far as the thumbs down that sure beats the bird I normally get, in fact on one weekend ride I had the joy of being flipped off by a whole club ass passed going the opposite direction. It was actually a well coordinated affair.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I wave at pretty much anything but mopeds. Out here the sport bikers seem to be a bit more likely to wave than the Harley crowd.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Unless I'm on the interstate, I wave at everyone (excluding scooters and mopeds ). I'd say 50% wave back. I find it ironic when trikes don't wave back.

I got a lesson in instant street cred when I bought my dual sport. I had guys waving at me as I towed it home on a trailer.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    I wave at pretty much anything but mopeds. Out here the sport bikers seem to be a bit more likely to wave than the Harley crowd.
    Mopeds are cool!!! Those guys are out there fighting traffic with only 49cc's. I demand that you wave at them from now on.

Actually I get more waves on my Spyder than I do on my Burgman. I have had people wave at my Burgman and then quickly try and take it back when they realize it is a scooter.
    Robert G.

Suzuki Burgman 400, Can-Am Spyder RS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well I'm a "waver"; everybody gets some sort of acknowledgement if they within sight of me...
    I've found that maybe the Beemer-riders wave back the least; followed by the HD crowd.
    Wingers wave the most; often with the biggest grins too!