Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Home safe and sound!

Hi all,

Well yesterday at about noon, I rolled back into Newberg, Or. I have to say, I'm a little bit lost today. On the road for 35 days, I traveled thru 24 States, had an amazing time at SpyderFest, on to NC and as far south to Savanna, Ga. before starting my long trip West. The entire journey was 8,210 miles. In my wildest fantasy, I never could have imagined such a journey a couple of years ago. I have met so many great people, seen so many things and pushed myself farther than I thought possible. I will never again let my own personal fears stop me from living amy dreams. The hardest part was overcoming myself. The easy part was just doing it! The Silver Seal was a joy to ride and ran flawlessly. The weather was unbelievable, a couple of showers, but not one really bad day anywhere. For this time of year, that's a miracle!

Now it's time to get back to work. Hopefully the guys in the shop will still recognize me. Next stop is an oil change, connect with friends, lots of local riding, a trip or two to Seattle to see family and Spyders in the Redwoods in August. One thing I know for certain, I will always..........

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great to hear you're home safe and sound John. What an awesome adventure. It was a pleasure ryding with you and Spacetrucker to Spyderfest. Thanks so much for meeting us in Flagstaff and installing the Seal floorboards. It sure made the ryde comfortable. You must be proud of your accomplishment. Our trip of 6000 miles through 10 states pales in comparison to yours. Glad you ddidn't encounter bad weather...we weren't so fortunate. All in all still a fantastic first long ryde adventure. I look forward to seeing you this August. Keep in touch.

Spyder Garage

What a great adventure, glad you had no problems and had fair weather and following seas to make your travel more pleasurable. Here's to many more miles with smiles.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

8,210 miles.... Holy Cow! What a ride. Glad to hear you're home safe and can put your feet up for a bit. I can't wait to try out your floorboards when I pick my new RS up on the 30th. They're being installed with all my other options prior to pick-up.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Great ride, John! So glad you let us know of your safe arrival home. It was a journey to be proud of. It was a delight to get to see you again at Spyderfest. Thanks for including us as part of your adventure.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YumaJim View Post
    Great to hear you're home safe and sound John. What an awesome adventure. It was a pleasure ryding with you and Spacetrucker to Spyderfest. Thanks so much for meeting us in Flagstaff and installing the Seal floorboards. It sure made the ryde comfortable. You must be proud of your accomplishment. Our trip of 6000 miles through 10 states pales in comparison to yours. Glad you ddidn't encounter bad weather...we weren't so fortunate. All in all still a fantastic first long ryde adventure. I look forward to seeing you this August. Keep in touch.
    Hi kids,

When did you get back? Heard about your chance to test your rain gear. Mary, you showed them just how tough you are. Good or both of you. Nothing about 6,000 miles pales to anyones ride. You guys bit off a huge chunk of road for your first ride. My hat's off to you both. See ya at SITR.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

John...glad you are home safe...glad you got to go....this USofA is beautiful and full of friendly folk.....thanks for letting us know your where abouts and home

Spyder Garage

Thanks for sharing your adventures John. We are glad to hear all is well. You sure lucked out on the weather. Always glad to see you!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John, glad you're home. As the saying goes, there's no place like it, especially after 8210 miles I am also glad that you stopped to see Tobor 9 and I while you were in Charleston. We really enjoyed your visit. Continue to Ride in Comfort!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

John:

Also glad you are home safe and sound. We are still telling people about the wonderful way you and "The Other John" took care of us at Spyderfest...you truly deserved to have the time of your life...you are one special person in our book!

Many blessings,

Mark

spacetrucker

Cool home safte and sound

well welcome home now get to WORK and make the More Borads ASAP. Also call me when you have time. on the road but always by my phone. up north to night but back this weekend ok glad your back.. Seeya soon john.w

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default NICE

John..awesome..thanks sooooo much for update...you are the guy...welcome back from safe and enjoyable travels...

Spyder Garage

A fantastic journey for sure. Glad you made it home safe.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome home John!

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Hi all,

Well yesterday at about noon, I rolled back into Newberg, Or. I have to say, I'm a little bit lost today. On the road for 35 days, I traveled thru 24 States, had an amazing time at SpyderFest, on to NC and as far south to Savanna, Ga. before starting my long trip West. The entire journey was 8,210 miles. In my wildest fantasy, I never could have imagined such a journey a couple of years ago. I have met so many great people, seen so many things and pushed myself farther than I thought possible. I will never again let my own personal fears stop me from living amy dreams. The hardest part was overcoming myself. The easy part was just doing it! The Silver Seal was a joy to ride and ran flawlessly. The weather was unbelievable, a couple of showers, but not one really bad day anywhere. For this time of year, that's a miracle!

Now it's time to get back to work. Hopefully the guys in the shop will still recognize me. Next stop is an oil change, connect with friends, lots of local riding, a trip or two to Seattle to see family and Spyders in the Redwoods in August. One thing I know for certain, I will always..........

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards
    So glad you made it home safe. What an adventure! Hopefully, you can make it to our breakfast at Elmer's on 6/3 and share your trip with us.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Inspiring adventure no doubt. Glad you made it home safely and were trouble free for 8200 miles! wow!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John it was a pleasure to meet you at Spyderfest. I totally agree with your philosophy on overcoming yourself and just doing it! That has been my mantra since I started riding my Spyder in 2010. Now I have 35,000 miles of dong it under my belt and I love it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622