Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Warranty Campaign bulletin #2011-006
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeiffer View Post
    Thank you very much.
    Just saw this, I am gonna check and see what my paperwork says, my dealership was able to find it, but they had to do some hunting as it needed another zero, like 0006, (going off memory now.) and I think the labor should be reimbursed by BRP. It said 30 minutes from BRP, I think it took them a little longer to recalibrate it. They had to go buy a block of wood to cut to the specifications, to stick under bike for ride height.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Just saw this, I am gonna check and see what my paperwork says, my dealership was able to find it, but they had to do some hunting as it needed another zero, like 0006, (going off memory now.) and I think the labor should be reimbursed by BRP. It said 30 minutes from BRP, I think it took them a little longer to recalibrate it. They had to go buy a block of wood to cut to the specifications, to stick under bike for ride height.
    Very much appreciated.

Spyder Garage

I tried to get a dealer to do it, but BRP wouldn't cover the labor. They said the dealer that installed the new cluster should have done it. I called that dealer & they'll take care of it sometime when I bring it in. I have a forth cluster on order, so will likely wait until it comes in.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rpeiffer View Post
    I just spoke to the dealer again. They told me BRP will pay for the parts, but I have to cover labor, which is $200. I still don't get the feeling they did this recalibration of the suspension after the cluster was replaced. I asked them if they did, and was told there is a whole regimen of resetting that has to be done, so he wouldn't know why the suspension wouldn't be included. They seem to be determined it's the sensor that is bad, but I have a feeling it's not. If someone could give me the number of the service bulletin that explains this or tell me how to look it up, I'd be grateful. If I can't find out what this calibration procedure is and convince them to try it, I hope that when they replace the sensor, it still doesn't fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Warranty Campaign bulletin #2011-006
    this is missing a zero, unless they keep researching they will miss it.
    oK, I found it

Warranty Campaign dated April 7th, 2011 Campaign no: 2011-0006
    subject : ACS Position Sensor Reset No. 2011-5

This is a 7 page WARRANTY CAMPAIGN

It does state at the top of the page; "CAUTION : All involved customers must be notified, all involved units must be corrected as per instructions herein."

I believe mine fell through the cracks because I have a 2010 RTS with a 2011 cluster. How would the dealership know this applies to me, only if BRP tells them. Hopefully this gets passed along so that others with this issue get corrected to.

There are specific instructions to be used.

There are no parts involved in this fix; there are mandatory tools with a BUDS connection,
    the procedure requires a short block & long block of wood that is illustrated with pictures and specific dimensions to be used.

It does tell dealership to submit a campaign claim for labor only using the info provided on page 4.
    The Expiry date is September 30th, 2013 . So get it taken care of before then.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

this is missing a zero, unless they keep researching they will miss it.
    oK, I found it

Warranty Campaign dated April 7th, 2011 Campaign no: 2011-0006
    subject : ACS Position Sensor Reset No. 2011-5

This is a 7 page WARRANTY CAMPAIGN

It does state at the top of the page; "CAUTION : All involved customers must be notified, all involved units must be corrected as per instructions herein."

I believe mine fell through the cracks because I have a 2010 RTS with a 2011 cluster. How would the dealership know this applies to me, only if BRP tells them. Hopefully this gets passed along so that others with this issue get corrected to.

There are specific instructions to be used.

There are no parts involved in this fix; there are mandatory tools with a BUDS connection,
    the procedure requires a short block & long block of wood that is illustrated with pictures and specific dimensions to be used.

It does tell dealership to submit a campaign claim for labor only using the info provided on page 4.
    The Expiry date is September 30th, 2013 . So get it taken care of before then.
    Thank you very much for this info. I've passed it on to the dealer's service dept. Hopefully, if they do this check, it will resolve the issue and they can charge BRP instead of me. I just think it's too coincidental that the sensor went bad right after the cluster was changed.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default the saga continues....

Now, our RTS has been in the shop for 45 days. The dealer changed the sensor for the air ride adjust - that didn't fix it. They say they did do the calibration procedure. They replaced the instrument cluster... again. That didn't fix it. They replaced the ECU - that didn't fix it. It has now gotten the attention of BRP and they are looking at downloaded data from the ECU that the dealer provided them. The good thing is that customer service is aware of this and has said that we will be "compensated" for downtime. Not sure what that means, but at least they're being proactive. Very frustrating to not be able to ride in prime riding weather.

Spyder Garage

Default Blown Fuse

I have a 2012SE5 RT that seems to keep blowing the fuse for the horn, heater and rear suspension adjustment. I think this is happening when I've tried to adjust the rear suspension while riding. My display shows that it is adjusting, but I feel no difference in the ride. Only notice that the fuse has blown. I've had it in the shop and was told that there was a bad wire up front. I am not sure that was the case, or that they did nothing more than replace the fuse, and said the lights, horn and heater were working. I am not sure were to start troubleshooting the system, as I can't afford to take the RT to the nearest repair point as it is 100 miles away.
    Any helpful suggestions would be of great help, BS replies are a waste of time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    I have a 2012SE5 RT that seems to keep blowing the fuse for the horn, heater and rear suspension adjustment. I think this is happening when I've tried to adjust the rear suspension while riding. My display shows that it is adjusting, but I feel no difference in the ride. Only notice that the fuse has blown. I've had it in the shop and was told that there was a bad wire up front. I am not sure that was the case, or that they did nothing more than replace the fuse, and said the lights, horn and heater were working. I am not sure were to start troubleshooting the system, as I can't afford to take the RT to the nearest repair point as it is 100 miles away.
    Any helpful suggestions would be of great help, BS replies are a waste of time.

OK, here's a no BS reply. Don't use a 6 yo thread about the air suspension to post a problem that's clearly electrical. Start a new thread or better yet Search "blown fuses", look through them but the particularly page 3 thread "2012 RTS-SE5-SEAT AIR BAG QUESTION"
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

Docster, could you Please put a link to the thread you're referring to? When I searched for " 2012 RTS-SE5-Seat Air Bag Question" I found a two post thread from 2014 by Elembytes, no page 2 or 3. And nothing helpful for the OP. Just saying.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020