Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

WOW retirement I have been ready since I was 55 but we all know how that goes anyway I been at my job for 35 years and my commute is 32 miles one-way so it almost the same isnt it I ride every day even if there is a chance for rain after Spyderfest I foumd I wont melt Ride on and be safe. Oh ya I can call in well anytime I want. I just tell them I feel to good to come to work. jtpollock

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Post Yes

Quote Originally Posted by captblack View Post
    When you look outside in the morning, see the sun shining and decide it is a good day for a ryde

Since I got my RT in late October and just passed 9000 miles I guess I do this a lot

Anybody agree with this outlook?
    . I do but I don't do it snuff!

Spyder Garage

Default Decisions, Decisions...

When you look outside in the morning, see the sun shining and decide it is a good day for a ryde

Since I got my RT in late October and just passed 9000 miles I guess I do this a lot

Do I ryde the Spyde, our take out the trytoon.
    DSC_1676.jpg
    "....never joke with mules or cooks...they have no sense of humor."

Spyder Garage

Default It's not "Retirement"

It's the "next phase of life".
    I have a bucket list a mile long.
    41 weeks to go, but who is counting?
    I AM, THAT'S WHO.

Spyder Garage

Only two more criminal cases left.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Retired

Retired in April feels great do not miss work at all. l can hop on the spyder and ride anytime I feel like it. Going on a 2 month trip at end of May. Load spyder in the toy hauler and go.

Spyder Garage

Default I QUIT!!!!

So here's a story for ya....So a couple of weeks ago my boss asked me and another gal if we would be interested in volunteering to work on Sundays, thru the summer, working 6 days in a row, because they could not afford to hire another person. It would be working in my current position with them. When the other gal took the first Sunday, found out it was not in my present position but in a different dept I hate working in. I let my boss know I would not be able to do it (voluntary). Last Thursday I got called into "the Ofc" with her and our General Manager , and told it was no longer voluntary but mandatory and I would have to do it. She said I could think about it. I did, called my husband, he said quit, so I did. After 8yrs of loyal and dependable service, I quit!!!!! Since I had already retired from my previous profession after 27yrs., doing this as a fun retirement job, I was finally able to let go and am now retired, (for 4 days) at the age of 62. Can't explain the feeling of liberation and freedom! So, maybe Spyderfest next year?? Who knows, but never dreamed I would go out that way. And it happened to be on the same day as our 30th wedding anniversary

Spyder Garage

You definitely have the right attitude.... Keep on Ryding !

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DLewis View Post
    I just hope that I can make it to "retirement" one day. Like you, I would LOVE to wake up in the morning and decide just WHERE shall I go today!!?? 15 yrs. and counting........ Hope Spydee lasts that long, .... or maybe I can have one for every day of the week!
    Pretty much in the same boat.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Retirement is wonderful

Retired 2001 from the US Army, worked the yard for a year. Volunteer in a middle school helping a buddy with the computer system until the school board moved him to another school. Then passwords got really tight and I got real independent so I gave it up.

Got the Spyder August 2011

Can't ride everyday because my Parkinson's doesn't always agree with the temperature not supposed to get to hot so when it is 90+ I hibernate in the air conditioning. Now my best buddy is having muscle problems getting off an on. About 5 X and she is done for the day!

But I do like six Saturday and one Sunday makes the time move on. Besides Saturdays are spent riding the Spyder .... Sundays we do breakfast at Cracker Barrel! Age is 72,with 37.6 years of service time.

Spyder Garage

Default Retirement

Retired for a year now still trying to make more time to ride.

Spyder Garage

Smile Retired

I work hard.....at play

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Retired

Retired from the Naval Reserve in 91 (26 years) and from the Federal Reserve in 2008 at age 62. I've been one happy person. Have a grandaughter that consumes a lot of time (6 years old June 1st) and a Spyder RT Limited that I love. Life is good. Pick and choose what time to go anywhere so I don't encounter that rush hour traffic. Traveled into Washington and back for 20 odd years. Talk about rush hours. Indured the "Tracktor Bomber", Presidential Convoys, 911 vehicle searches, etc. etc. etc. Do I miss going to work?

Spyder Garage

I hit 30 years on August 25, and I'm out the door by the 30th. Woohoo!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Work" is a four-letter word!

I wake up most mornings with absolutely nothing to do, and at noon I discover I'm only half done!

SO--- all you youngsters: keep putting in those FICA deductions so I can keep on eating!
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPa View Post
    Trying to decide if 62 or 65 (or tomorrow) will be the right time...

Luckily I have an easy job, 45 seconds from my house, that I enjoy, and gives me 35+ days off per year...
    Do you ride the Spyder to work?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Every day is a Saturday.........or is it a Sunday!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 66 a month ago

I sold my business last November but the guy that bought the business wanted me to work part time for the next five years. I can go were I want and help when I want as long as I answer the phone when a question comes up all is great. Is it retirement, not really but after working from the age of 16 , I have to sort of slide into the role.
    We bought a toy hauler so I can do a little exploring of this great country and bring the spyder,while I can still move around. Maggie Valley will be the first shot at that then winter in Texas this year . tommorrow unckle sam will give me my first ss check , hope that lasts for a while. One day at a time

Spyder Garage

IIf you know the Buffalo/Rochester NY area, you know what I mean. So the Spyder sleeps for 4-5 months a year while I ride my KLR 650 winter beater!
    Last edited by rc51ny; 11-27-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by schnauzermom View Post
    So here's a story for ya....So a couple of weeks ago my boss asked me and another gal if we would be interested in volunteering to work on Sundays, thru the summer, working 6 days in a row, because they could not afford to hire another person. It would be working in my current position with them. When the other gal took the first Sunday, found out it was not in my present position but in a different dept I hate working in. I let my boss know I would not be able to do it (voluntary). Last Thursday I got called into "the Ofc" with her and our General Manager , and told it was no longer voluntary but mandatory and I would have to do it. She said I could think about it. I did, called my husband, he said quit, so I did. After 8yrs of loyal and dependable service, I quit!!!!! Since I had already retired from my previous profession after 27yrs., doing this as a fun retirement job, I was finally able to let go and am now retired, (for 4 days) at the age of 62. Can't explain the feeling of liberation and freedom! So, maybe Spyderfest next year?? Who knows, but never dreamed I would go out that way. And it happened to be on the same day as our 30th wedding anniversary
    on your 30th wedding anniversary, and your new found freedom. It is obvious they did not appreciate you at that job and you made the right move. I learned a long time ago that you have to take care of yourself because nobody else is going to.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

I like the not working, and the 50 mile rides to pick up my mail at the corner mail boxes. Like others, I don't like the pay going away.

Not fully retired, still teaching a couple classes per semester at the University. Each class is only one night a week, so I get a lot of time for other things now.

I thought I would miss the day work--but it only took me about a week to get over that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red