Thread: 2010 Recall

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Default 2010 Recall

Just read that the 2010 RT will get a recall for the brakes, apparently a pin could come off and a complete brake failure could occur. Letter going out today.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    Just read that the 2010 RT will get a recall for the brakes, apparently a pin could come off and a complete brake failure could occur. Letter going out today.
    Information is here.......
    " http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...59&docType=RCL "

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My Dealer contacted BRP on my request to get the latest on this recall. Here is the response (spelling not altered) from BRP to my dealer.

"There are no good excuse, but the reason behind this delay is that BRP must get final approval from some official authorities on the official publication. We will post as soon as we can the official bulletin/letters, thrust me we want to provide you as much info as soon as possible.

Expect to see tomorrow at least the bulletin that will provide you the necessary information to schedule and answer your customers. The solution is very simple to apply and will take only a few minutes, this bulletin should not generate too much added workload in the service area."

I will ask my dealer to send me the part so I can save the 5 hour return trip for a job that will take me 5 minutes to do myself. I will probably only get the part after returning from Spyderfest.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Will BRP be sending out notice of the recall to us.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    Will BRP be sending out notice of the recall to us.
    If you are affected, you should get a letter. It may be delayed from reading it here, however, depending on the priority and risk assigned by the authorities. BRP usually gets the letters out pretty quickly after they are approved, however.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Went to my dealer. Parts on order. Its a very simple fix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My 2010 RT is in for the windshield bracket and I asked about the recall. I was told the part is not coming in for about a week. Guess it has lasted for two years now so another week won't hurt.

Spyder Garage

I have my '10 RT booked at the dealer for a new rear tire and they're replacing the left hand switches on warranty as they're loose on the handle bar. I asked about the recall and they had the notice, so it'll be done as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

'08 GS SM5 Full Moon -- after 15,000km sold May'11
    '10 RT A+C SE5 Full Moon -- after 30,700km traded in 2014
    '17 RTL Pearl White -- new-to-me in 2023

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My dealership called me yesterday about this. Parts are on order! I find out about recalls and such either from this forum or whenever I take the RT in for oil changes.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I asked my dealer to send it to me in the mail. Saves me a 5 hour round trip for a five minute job. They mailed it today, and it might even arrive before I head off to Spyderfest on Tuesday. If not, no biggy. I just added a zip tie to the clip and I am good to go.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Waitingjp

Just talked to my Dealer today and have decided to leave my RT there till they get the Brake parts for the recall. They expect them next week and do not want to take any chances .