Thread: Spyder Price

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Price

I have come to a point where I might have to sell my spyder due to medical problems. I'm having a hard time trying to set a fair asking price. The spyder is a 2011 RTS SE5 with 2000 miles on it. I have added all the chrome that BRP sells plus the Gps from BRP and rear trunk liner with shelf. I also have Elka shocks installed from Cowtown. I have looked up book value but how do add the extras to come up with a fair price. I friend told me to just list it on Ebay and set a reserve and see where it goes. Any help from my fellow spyder riders would be helpfull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki2cu View Post
    I have come to a point where I might have to sell my spyder due to medical problems. I'm having a hard time trying to set a fair asking price. The spyder is a 2011 RTS SE5 with 2000 miles on it. I have added all the chrome that BRP sells plus the Gps from BRP and rear trunk liner with shelf. I also have Elka shocks installed from Cowtown. I have looked up book value but how do add the extras to come up with a fair price. I friend told me to just list it on Ebay and set a reserve and see where it goes. Any help from my fellow spyder riders would be helpfull.
    You can try that, but I have seen better sales if you take off the extras. If you look for a book value that will never take account how much you have put into the machine. IMHO I'd take the most expensive extras (GPS, Elka Shocks) and go back to stock as much as possible, then sell from there.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PRICING

Very sorry to hear of you're problems....On the price thing IMHO when you customize something you do it to you're liking for you're reasons....When you want to sell you either have to wait till you find someone that wants exactly what you have on the Spyder or get what you can for it.....for me a Spyder with $2000 worth of chrome and lights is not worth $2000 more than stock because I'm not into that so I wouldn't pay for it .......look at it this way...if you were going to buy a frugal family car would you pay extra for a car with a "souped" up V-8 with a turbo on it....not likely......I wish you the best on this....Mike...

Spyder Garage

Sorry you have to sell your Spyder .Dealers on trades usually only give you 25% of the value of the mods at best .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the reply guys. I can see your point. I just talked to a dealer and he said with the Best plus warranty that 24000 would be in the ball park.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope that your medical issues get sorted out quickly and in the way that suits you! I also hope that you don't end up having to sell your Spyder...But if you do; I hope that you get a fair price for it!
    Good Luck! Please let us know how you're doing...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'd be interested in the Elkas and rear trunk accessories if you decide to remove them. I can even ship my 2011 RT-S shocks to you if you no longer have the stock ones. PM me if interested.

By the way, $24k sounds like a pretty fair price with everything on it. You probably didn't pay much more than $26-27k...??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydherLuv View Post
    I'd be interested in the Elkas and rear trunk accessories if you decide to remove them. I can even ship my 2011 RT-S shocks to you if you no longer have the stock ones. PM me if interested.

By the way, $24k sounds like a pretty fair price with everything on it. You probably didn't pay much more than $26-27k...??

Spydherluv, If I have to sell I don't think I will part it out as it would be a little hard for me right now. As far as what I paid it was more like 30k counting the accessories and Best plus warranty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Do you have photos? I've been searching for a Spyder from a private owner.

Spyder Garage

Default spyder price

Spydherluv, If I have to sell I don't think I will part it out as it would be a little hard for me right now. As far as what I paid it was more like 30k counting the accessories and Best plus warranty.

You posted this 2-02-12......I bought my 2011 RTS-SE5 in July 2011. I paid 25.500 out the door.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by freebob View Post
    You posted this 2-02-12......I bought my 2011 RTS-SE5 in July 2011. I paid 25.500 out the door.
    Freeebob, you are correct that is what I paid out the door for just the bike. I later went back had dealer install the gps in the chrome from brp at a cost of 3900 and bought the Best Plus warranty and installed the Elkas I got from Cowtown can't remember what they cost me.
    Last edited by rafiki2cu; 04-12-2012 at 06:39 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop View Post
    Do you have photos? I've been searching for a Spyder from a private owner.
    Snoop, right now bike is not for sale. I'm having a second opinon and surgery at the end of the month. If the surgery does not work out then the bike will be sold. I was just getting opinons from the forum members so that if I had to sell I would already have a price to ask for it and could post it right away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Snoop, right now bike is not for sale. I'm having a second opinon and surgery at the end of the month. If the surgery does not work out then the bike will be sold. I was just getting opinons from the forum members so that if I had to sell I would already have a price to ask for it and could post it right away.
    Fingers crossed that the surgery goes well and you are "back in the saddle" with a big ass grin from ear to ear!
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    Fingers crossed that the surgery goes well and you are "back in the saddle" with a big ass grin from ear to ear!

Praying for the best!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

X2
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

x3

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PRAYERS

X 10 .....no point in lowballing this.....Mike...

Spyder Garage

I,m sad to say it but my Spyder is for sale now. I will post pics tomorrow if the sun comes out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a very nicely upgraded RT... suggest you do a very detailed ad (with pics) here on Spyderlovers to offer the SL members first chance at a nice RT. If it doesnt sell soon, then you could go to eBay, but you can bet that a sale to a member here will go smoothly but on eBay its a real gamble!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    Sounds like a very nicely upgraded RT... suggest you do a very detailed ad (with pics) here on Spyderlovers to offer the SL members first chance at a nice RT. If it doesnt sell soon, then you could go to eBay, but you can bet that a sale to a member here will go smoothly but on eBay its a real gamble!

I will post it for my fellow Spyder Lovers first as that is where I hope it goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Color?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Color?

Viper Red.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]