Thread: Made My Day...

Spyder Garage

Smile Made My Day...

My wife and I we at a local pizza place (Larossa's), here in Milford, Oh... We had driven our RT-SE5, and parked. After putting in our order, another server, comes over, asks it the Spyder is ours! Told us she loved the looks, and that it was Bad @$$... We of course agreed.

When I was leaving, I asked if she wanted to come take a closer look, and she stated she had already sneaked out, and looked...

He He!
    Kagey

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey_98 View Post
    My wife and I we at a local pizza place (Larossa's), here in Milford, Oh... We had driven our RT-SE5, and parked. After putting in our order, another server, comes over, asks it the Spyder is ours! Told us she loved the looks, and that it was Bad @$$... We of course agreed.

When I was leaving, I asked if she wanted to come take a closer look, and she stated she had already sneaked out, and looked...

He He!
    Kagey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had something similar happen today while the movers were putting some of our stuff in storage in Melbourne, FL. I had the Spyder parked next to the truck and had three people go out of their way to stop, look it over and ask me questions about it. And that didn't include the truck driver and his helper, who thought it was really cool!

I didn't even get this much attention when I owned a Royal Enfield Military back in '09.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Cool Get used to the attention, the more you ryde, the more you get

Glad to hear you guys are enjoy'n the Spyder Experience So, how was the OSR Weekend Ryde Good Times I hope Sorry we had to miss out

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I love it when people make comments like that. You're right - it does kinda make your day.

Last Sunday afternoon, my wife and I stopped at a park to have a snack and a drink. A very nice lady stopped and asked if the Spyder was ours. We answered yes, then she wanted to know what it was called. We told her, and her next question was, "Is it fun?" We assured her that it was a lot of fun, so she wanted to know where they were sold and how much they cost. I had her sit on it and she was impressed with how comfortable it was and it was easy to see that she would really like to have one.

Turned out she was 75 years old and a retired Methodist minister. I don't know if she will get a Spyder or not but I wouldn't be surprised. She got a canoe and learned to swim when she was 70. Meeting people like that really does make your day.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

That is one of the pleasures of owning a . We meet new people on almost every ride. I am always happy to answer their questions. It also makes my day.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Life as a Rock Star... Ain't it great!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I get this a lot too. Even had a couple of UPS drivers get out and talk to me about the Spyder. I handed them one of the sales pamphlets I had gotten from a local dealer. I got a handful of them for really interested folks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

usually it works out that way but yesterday I got "that look" from a guy at the gas pump. You know the look "How did that schmuck get a bike like that?" also closely associated with "Why can't a schmuck like me get a bike like that?" I just turned up the tunes and pulled out of the station, the rear view mirror indicated that the look lingered.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let them stew in their own juices...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up OMG!!! Teddy & I were on Columbia Pkwy yesterday on the way to my Dr's visit & locals

know that for the most part, besides rush hours, the Parkway is wide open with limited access roads. The only problem, is the speedlimit on the Parkway is mostly 45 with a few limited miles at 50. Well, we were just cruise'n along at 55 enjoy'n our first ryde in almost a week when out of the blue we blow past a motorcycle cop on the side of the highway, strategically placed behind some bushes, off his bike and radar gun shoot'n straight at us. I had cruise control on, so I didn't panic, didn't even hit the brake & just showed my huge smile'n face & waved as we past. I figure we were only do'n 5 over & if he wanted us, well, nothing I could do about it, he rightfully had us I was waiting to see him mount his bike & race after us, but that never happened, he just lowered the radar gun, smiled & watched as we dissapeared from sight I'm not gonna lie, it got my addrenaline a-pump'n Next thing I notice is a Sports car in my mirror quickly approaching in the high speed lane. But how could this be without him get'n pulled over by the bike-cop I mean this sports car was tear'n up the asphalt catch'n up to us and he was get'n closer & closer by the second. I recognized it was a new dark gray Challenger the closer the car got & even tho Teddy & I are Ford fans we're partial to the Challengers. I still had the Spyder on cruise control at 55, but our exit for Red Bank Rd. was quickly approaching as was the Challenger. As soon as the Challenger caught up to us, I looked over at the driver & just about crapped my pants as it was an almost unmarked Fairfax Police car, OH FK, TEDDY WE'RE BUSTED BUDDY is Exactly what I thought I quickly hit the brake pedal to kill the cruise & to slow down & as I looked over again at the officer, he began to raise his arm & I thought he was going to point me over to the side of the road but to my shock & surprise he gave us the as he just kept on going on his way & we took our exit off the Parkway with an even BIGGER GRIN on my face than ever before

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I was at the post office on Saturday, mailing taxes of course, when a heard a lady say quite loadly, who owns that Corbin parked outside. I did not quite catch on right away but she started to talk to the person beside her about the Red Motorcycle parked outside was the greatest thing she has ever seen. I then realized she was talking about may Viper Red Spyder with the Corbin seat. Funny, I guess this is good markeing for Corbin as this is what the a person would look at when seeing the bike. I let everone know at this point that is was in fact a Can Am Spyder and everyone knew what I was talking about when I said "you know the same perple make the SeaDoo watercraft".

Great times on the Spyder

RedSpy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You should see peoples faces when they are asking questions about the spyder and they're not sure if they would able to handle them. I just mention MurphyBrown and her experience of ryding the spyder. Their faces just flash WOW. I love it.