Thread: need help

Spyder Garage

Default need help

i am looking to get cruise control on my 2011 can am spyder rss does anyone have any idea of what works good thanks

Spyder Garage

Just installed a throttlemeister on my RS and I love it. Its not an actual cruise control though. Just locks the throttle. Just enough to give your throttle hand a rest if needed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I installed kuryakan grips and also a throttle boss which is a piece that sticks out of the throttle so you can rest the edge of your hand or palm on it to rest your hand without locking hte throttle. When you let go the throttle will go off just like you were pulling it back.

check out this link to see what it looks like.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/385...-Throttle-Boss

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 5PYD3R View Post
    Just installed a throttlemeister on my RS and I love it. Its not an actual cruise control though. Just locks the throttle. Just enough to give your throttle hand a rest if needed.

I agree with 5PYD3R. I had the Throttlemeister on my GS and loved it. There are some cheaper throttle locks out there, but I liked the looks of the Throttlemeister better and they doubled as bar-end weights. For true cruise control, there was a vendor in Australia, I think, that made one, but it was near $1000 if I recall correctly. There was also an Audiovox, but I don't recall if it was successful or not on the GS/RS.
    David
    McKinney, TX

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ntxYguy2009 View Post
    I agree with 5PYD3R. I had the Throttlemeister on my GS and loved it. There are some cheaper throttle locks out there, but I liked the looks of the Throttlemeister better and they doubled as bar-end weights. For true cruise control, there was a vendor in Australia, I think, that made one, but it was near $1000 if I recall correctly. There was also an Audiovox, but I don't recall if it was successful or not on the GS/RS.
    The Aussie unit is a McCruise. Handled in the US by Spoiled Biker.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!