Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RS Stock Muffler Ceramic Coating

I am taking the stock muffler off my 09 RS and having it ceramic coated today at a place near my home. I am only having the black area coated as, like many others, it has become chalky looking and unattractive. I thought this would be a better cheaper solution to this issue. My wife isn't crazy about buying an aftermarket pipe that would most likely be louder. It is also much more cost effective. I will post pics if it comes out nice or I will be buying a new one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    I am taking the stock muffler off my 09 RS and having it ceramic coated today at a place near my home. I am only having the black area coated as, like many others, it has become chalky looking and unattractive. I thought this would be a better cheaper solution to this issue. My wife isn't crazy about buying an aftermarket pipe that would most likely be louder. It is also much more cost effective. I will post pics if it comes out nice or I will be buying a new one.
    I had my stock muffler ceramic coated for $60. I had it redone flat black. Be careful putting the clamp back on.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Any tips on that? Did you drill out the pop rivet and re-pop rivet after the coating was cured?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    Any tips on that? Did you drill out the pop rivet and re-pop rivet after the coating was cured?
    The person who did the coating drilled out the pop rivet. He gave me back the bracket unattached and I pop riveted it back on the same day. I tried to be as careful as possible when positioning the bracket; but, I got one little ding. Maybe if I'd have let it cure for a day I wouldn't have gotten the ding.

Spyder Garage

Catching a Yellow Jacket in your helmet at 65 mph can double your vocabulary