Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default RT-Limited question.

When I was at the dealer Friday test driving Spyders, the dealer said the difference between the Limited and the RT-S was the color, it has luggage with it, you get a cover and you get the comfort seat that normally costs around $500.00 along with a couple of other things. I sat on a limited and a RT-S while there and both seats felt the same to me. Can anyone confirm the Limited gets the comfort seat with it?

www.quadsforchrist.net
    ? Can Am Spyder

Spyder Garage

It does not, was a misprint in the brochure. The dealer should know this.

Spyder Garage

It does have special embroidery on the seat, and also comes with the GPS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts46 View Post
    It does not, was a misprint in the brochure. The dealer should know this.
    The dealership is the closest dealer to me but I may go elsewhere to buy because they guy was making claims that don't add up like they are the largest Spyder dealership in the nation and they have the only certified Mater Spyder tech in the entire region not just the State.

Well, even if it is the same seat, I have to give it to Can Am in the is area in that the seat was really comfortable. Even the back passenger seat was super comfy too. That is what kind of sealed the deal for me on buying the RT-S or RT-Limited when we do buy.

www.quadsforchrist.net
    ? Can Am Spyder

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LARGEST DEALERSHIP

Me thinks that's a bunch of horse pucky....I'll bet the dealer in Bensalem Pa. sells 10 times as many spyders as the dealer you are referring to....

Spyder Garage

Just look up the dealer and see if he is a Platinum dealer or not.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Go with the RT Limited and make sure you get everything your suppose to get with it, especially the nav system, I THINK IT'S ABOUT A 2k add on later.

Get the White Pearl, great looking ride.
    The idea of going to Heaven Peacefully isn't in my RIDERS BOOK,
    Sliding my Spider in sideways, screaming "Man What A Ride" Sounds
    Just fine!

If the police didn't see ME, I didn't do it!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The seats are the same, except as was mentioned the embroidered "Spyder RT Limited". You also get Chrome Wheels and extra chrome elsewhere on the Limited. Then there is the luggage, the Garmin Zumo 660 GPS, the travel cover, and the two limited colors (white & bronze). Other than that they are the same. If you put both side by side they both look equally great!

IMO I think you get the most bang for you buck with the RT S. I bought the Limited because my wife liked the bronze color, the luggage, and the GPS. I'm color blind, I don't like the luggage, and I like to get lost when I go for a day trip. Anyone who's been married for over 40 years knows why I went with the limited

Either way, whatever Spyder you choose, you will have no regrets! They are all fantastic!
    2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze w/ Tan Seat

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default spyder

We opted for the white limited. He likes the white color and I liked all the features that came with it.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Paulf10 View Post
    Either way, whatever Spyder you choose, you will have no regrets! They are all fantastic!
    So have fun shopping!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hey jaydawg, just sent you a pm.

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

I went with the Lava Bronze Limited.......love the color...wife does, too...has all the toys......I will upgrade, so I may as well have started it anyway......the luggage.....might use it......also bought the trailer....which may show up soon......it's a personal choice....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I made the mistake of buying an "A&C" when I wanted an "S" in 2010... I'm still working on the conversion to 'S" specifications, but it would have been WAAAAYYYY.... cheaper to do it right the first time!

Down to wheels and the ACS to go...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I made the mistake of buying an "A&C" when I wanted an "S" in 2010... I'm still working on the conversion to 'S" specifications, but it would have been WAAAAYYYY.... cheaper to do it right the first time!

Down to wheels and the ACS to go...
    although I like my wheels (and found a chip the other day washing her...) and the ACS is just waaaaaaaay to expensive. And then the Magnesium color came out on the 2011's...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll end up with the Limited's bright chrome wheels anyway... I'm like an old crow; show me something shiney and I'm hooked!
    The ACS can be bought for around $20 plus installation... scares me a little, but I've got patience...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make that $420 plus the installation... keyboard screwed up again!

Spyder Garage

It appears that no matter which model a person chooses--we still end up putting some farkles on it. I was not going to do anything with my 2010 RT-s but I have about $3K in add ons. I think that I am pretty much through at this point. Time will tell
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"A farkling I will go..."
    "A farkling I will go..."

Spyder Garage

The dealer you choose will make a big difference in your satisfaction. Not so much from the sales, but from service. The one thing about sales is if they only sell Spyders or if they sell several Can-Am product lines (e.g. See Do, ATV, etc.). The more they sell, the more familiar the service department will be with Can-Am.

I was lucky and found what I would consider a good dealer and I have been VERY satisfied with my ryde. I have read where others have had many issues that boiled down to initial setup by the tech. When I have had to take it in for service, and one other issue, they were very helpful in answering my questions and ensuring I was happy.

I am nowhere near as technical as many on this board, but I do like to play dumb and ask questions that I know the answer to. That way when I do have to ask the question that I need an honest answer to, I know whether I can trust the answer or not.
    Regards,
    BitSlayer

2015 Spyder RT Limited - Perl White
    - Having fun with my knees in the breeze

Spyder Garage

Out of all the models, I am really leaning towards the RT-Limited because all of the extra goodies on it. I really like the white one too followed by the bronze with tan seat. But I am at least 2 years out from buying. I turn 38 in 2 days and my goal is to buy somewhere around my 40th birthday because my truck will be paid off then along with a few other bills and I will have a few months to save up for a down payment. So by then, who knows what will be available in the limiteds although if I find a good enough deal for a used one, I may also go that route too but I prefer new because I can get the extended warranty and service added to the deal.

www.quadsforchrist.net
    ? Can Am Spyder

Spyder Garage

Default Same reason I bought the Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Paulf10 View Post
    The seats are the same, except as was mentioned the embroidered "Spyder RT Limited". You also get Chrome Wheels and extra chrome elsewhere on the Limited. Then there is the luggage, the Garmin Zumo 660 GPS, the travel cover, and the two limited colors (white & bronze). Other than that they are the same. If you put both side by side they both look equally great!

IMO I think you get the most bang for you buck with the RT S. I bought the Limited because my wife liked the bronze color, the luggage, and the GPS. I'm color blind, I don't like the luggage, and I like to get lost when I go for a day trip. Anyone who's been married for over 40 years knows why I went with the limited

I was happy with the RT S but my wife loved the color of the bronze Limited. Not married over 40 years, but I am over 40 so and have learned.... So I started searching and found someone selling a Limited with only 350 miles on it. But for the price of the RT S. (I guess a job change required him to sell toys) It was purchased from a platinum dealer, which made me feel better. Waiting for the shipping company to get it to my house. Halfway to its new home now in Wisconsin. So I just lurk these forums daydreaming.
    Last edited by Jayson; 06-11-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    Jayson & Maggie
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S Cognac
    2012 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited Edition Brown
    2010 NT700V Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    I was happy with the RT S but my wife loved the color of the bronze Limited. Not married over 40 years, but I am over 40 so and have learned.... So I started searching and found someone selling a Limited with only 350 miles on it. But for the price of the RT S. (I guess a job change required him to sell toys) It was purchased from a platinum dealer, which made me feel better. Waiting for the shipping company to get it to my house. Halfway to its new home now in Wisconsin. So I just lurk these forums daydreaming.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think the insert luggage is also only on the limiteds (not THAT impressive but is an add on you get). Maybe the frunk liner and light too but I am not sure on that.
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Here are the differences.. direct from the Website

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    When I was at the dealer Friday test driving Spyders, the dealer said the difference between the Limited and the RT-S was the color, it has luggage with it, you get a cover and you get the comfort seat that normally costs around $500.00 along with a couple of other things. I sat on a limited and a RT-S while there and both seats felt the same to me. Can anyone confirm the Limited gets the comfort seat with it?

Make sure you understand what the Travel cover is....

I bought the RT-S for a lot of reasons. First, I already had a TomTom Rider 2 GPS from my previous motorcycle (Goldwing) so I didnt want to spend $1,000 on theirs. I had soft baggage for my Goldwing (which I never used) so didn't need their semi-rigid bags. Sorry - special embroidery on the seat; a touch of chrome here and there; etc. also did nothing for me. The wheels on my RT-S are just fine. I am not a long distance rider so the cover didn't send shivers up my spine either. I bought from a dealer in Berkeley Springs, WV. See HERE for my story on my purchase.

I left the dealership paying $22,400 for a motorcycle that MSRP for $25,699. Plus the local dealer wanted to add Prep ($350); Freight and Handling ($450); and what is called a documentary service fee ($250) to process the title work, temp tag, etc. So compare the two dealerships.. out the door for $22,400 when the local dealer wanted $26,749 or $4,349 difference.

All this before SALES TAX which I paid separately since I bought out of state. In Ohio the sales tax was 6.5 percent where I live. To get my final cost in each scenario you have to had the sales tax in to both figures.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 06-11-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

As posted many times in the past (and in the thread), the Limited does not come with the comfort seat.

And by the way, the comfort seat is not more comfy than the regular seat. The seating position is more comfortable for tall drivers.

It just makes you sit further back from the pegs and handlebars and slightly higher than with the standard seat.

Since the frame is angled upwards towards the back, the comfort seat also slightly rises your sitting position. The combined effect of being seater further back and higher reduced the knee and heel bending angle and makes the sitting position more comfortable.

Since you are seated higher, it also reduces quite a bit the driver's lumbar support at the same time.

I bought one in April and at 6'3", I am glad I did.

...Ben...
    Last edited by MtlBen; 06-11-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Typo.