Thread: warranty

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default warranty

when members of spyder lovers bought their new 2010 rts premium spyders what was your warranty, mine was two years and I had the understanding that there was a promotion of one year of Best at 50.00 deductable and that an additional two years could be bought, would like your answers to this

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I got an extra year of the BEST coverage on my 09 RS when I bought it...was a promotion for that year...not sure if it applied to other years. I bought an extra 2 years for $639 from my dealer to bring it to a total of 5 years. Worth every penny for these machines and the added piece of mind when traveling.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
    when members of spyder lovers bought their new 2010 rts premium spyders what was your warranty, mine was two years and I had the understanding that there was a promotion of one year of Best at 50.00 deductable and that an additional two years could be bought, would like your answers to this
    2010 RT-S (PE# 0004) here. Manufacturer's warranty was two years. RPM One extended warranty was for an additional three years. BEST was not available (in that I'm from Flarda).

Hope this helps.

Chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The Canadian warranty promo for the 2010 RT was 3 years.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    The Canadian warranty promo for the 2010 RT was 3 years.
    I was sure this was the way it was ,it wasnt added to mine and now they dont want to give it to me
    .Have been working on this for 2 weeks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

When I bought my 2010 RTS SE5 in April 2011 . The Canadian warranty was 2yrs and then you could buy an additional 3 yrs, but when I took delivery of my RTS, BRP had a special where you were given 3yrs warranty. My dealer upgraded my warranty to 3 yrs B.E.S.T Plus warranty at no extra charge to me.

Spyder Garage

Hi Mark

Do you have 2 years manufacturers and 3 years BEST for a total of 5 years ? Man if that's what you dealer gave you that's one sweeeeet deal . You saved 11-12 hundred on the BEST.
    Happy Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Hi Mark

Do you have 2 years manufacturers and 3 years BEST for a total of 5 years ? Man if that's what you dealer gave you that's one sweeeeet deal . You saved 11-12 hundred on the BEST.
    Hi Dan

YES, 3 yrs B.E.S.T PLUS I wanted to upgrade to BEST PLUS . When I went to take delivery of the bike and got the final total bill and he said the 3yrs B.E.S.T PLUS was taken care of $0000.000. It was still a huge savings as the upgrade was a lot of money.

Spyder Garage

thanks for all the input.I decided that it wasnt worth the hassle so went ahead and bought the 3 years best warranty, shopped around and found the best price and went that route, big difference in selling price between dealers at least $350.00.difference between 3 years and 2 years was about $180.00 dont feel I should have had to pay that

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

thanks for all the input.I decided that it wasnt worth the hassle so went ahead and bought the 3 years best warranty, shopped around and found the best price and went that route, big difference in selling price between dealers at least $350.00.difference between 3 years and 2 years was about $180.00 dont feel I should have had to pay that
    Can someone tell me what the BEST warrenty is? Is it from BRP or someplace else.

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone heard of this company

http://extendedpowersportswarranty.com/

They have a great price for aftermarket warranties.

Just looking for feedback.

Thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

From my 30 years experience in car dealerships I would always recommend you buy the warranty offered by the mfg....Stay away from aftermarket. Some dealers will not accept aftermarket or have you pay and then you try and get your money back from the aftermarket company. Their are many really bad aftermarket companies. If they pay the dealer by credit card most dealers will accept the warranty but some will not pay the required amount the dealer needs to get the job done then you are stuck with the remainder, the list goes on and on.

I purchased an additional 3 years from BRP and glad I did, I am not saying that all aftermarket companies are bad but there are more bad than good.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chazzman View Post
    From my 30 years experience in car dealerships I would always recommend you buy the warranty offered by the mfg....Stay away from aftermarket. Some dealers will not accept aftermarket or have you pay and then you try and get your money back from the aftermarket company. Their are many really bad aftermarket companies. If they pay the dealer by credit card most dealers will accept the warranty but some will not pay the required amount the dealer needs to get the job done then you are stuck with the remainder, the list goes on and on.

I purchased an additional 3 years from BRP and glad I did, I am not saying that all aftermarket companies are bad but there are more bad than good.
    I agree worked for 38 years at ford dealship as tech and as service manager and have seen all mfg and aftermarket warrantys.If there is a problem mfg warranty will nearly always lean to the customer not so with aftermarket.