Spyder Garage

Default BRP riding gear!

Does anyone use BRP riding gear, I like there styles but need opinions there gear, comfort, wear,weather etc.

Spyder Garage

I have the '09 caliper jacket. It is the nicest, warmest jacket I've ever owned. I take the linning out in summer. Was able to find it on ebay, new for $100. Great fit. Just love it.

140.jpg

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I got this one off SpyderLovers for sale forum last year & like it alot, zipout liner

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-03-2012 at 06:23 PM.

arntufun

BRP has great riding gear.

The only two downfalls is, the price is a little high and some of there stuff runs one size to small. It's tough to tell what stuff runs small and what stuff doesn't.

I know the T-shirts are correct in the sizes, but it seems like the jackets are smaller and a little snug in my size.
    Last edited by arntufun; 03-03-2012 at 05:52 PM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Sizes run very small.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I have the old yellow jacket you could buy at a deal with the bike in 2008. Good jacket BUT If it's 90 out I switch to a mesh racing style.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I have the BRP black leather jacket with liner and zip vents and love it. My wife has the Can AM Caliper jacket and loves it. I found the men's caliper to be off on the mens sizes (too small) the leather was fine. Just way too hot for the warmer FL weather. Keep checking Ebay and you can get some great deals on Can AM labeled gear

I just ordered Cortech Denim jacket with zip vents, armour and removable liner for warmer weather from Jabrum on line. List was $149 and they are selling it for $68.00. I thought that was too good to pass up. They do not have that in ladies so got the Denim Tour Master for my wife for $59.00 also from Jabrum. Combined on same order and shipping is free, The look really nice and the comments from users were all good. Delivery is Monday.
    Last edited by Clicker1944; 03-04-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

One thing that ticks me off about BRP riding gear is that the armor has to be purchased separately as other clothing Co's include the armor with the jacket and pants. Also BRP color choices are boring I like my red jacket and helmet. JMHO
    http://www.joerocketcanada.com/en/ca...a-326cdb6e0400

Spyder Garage

Default Gloves

So far we have the waterproof gauntlet type gloves from BRP and they are the first gloves that have lived up to the price and claims. There is an Alpinstar glove that is identical for about $10.00 more and while not to put the other product down, the BRP gloves have been the bigger bang for the buck.

Dryly, Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP GEAR

BURP!!!!-(excuse me)
    Love the BRP Gear but WAY,WAY over priced, recommend searching on EBAY, Cycle Gear caries the same helmet for example as the BRP ones but made by BILT.

Spyder Garage

Thank, ordered the caliber jacket and pants, will get the summer mesh next month.

---

Spyder Garage

I have a 2008 caliber and 2008 leather jacket. Both are very warm with the liners in--I wear both all year long in rotation with my other jackets.

They are expensive--but wear well. Both look like new after three years of riding.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

As many here, I agree. Deals to be had on eBay and order a size larger. I never had a can am sponsored helmet though... Hmmm.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the BRP Caliber of 09 Jacket & Pants. I ride with them down to the low teens to upper temps with no problems and comfortable on long distances. Just follow the measureing chart from brp and you should be fine

Spyder Garage

Well received the 2012 caliber jacket, pants, sympatex gloves, and can am base layer shirt, like all the products except the pants. They really do run small, if anyone is interested in a size 38 caliber pant new with tags, let know. The dealer I bout them from off eBay won't exchange them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clicker1944 View Post
    I have the BRP black leather jacket with liner and zip vents and love it. My wife has the Can AM Caliper jacket and loves it. I found the men's caliper to be off on the mens sizes (too small) the leather was fine. Just way too hot for the warmer FL weather. Keep checking Ebay and you can get some great deals on Can AM labeled gear

I just ordered Cortech Denim jacket with zip vents, armour and removable liner for warmer weather from Jabrum on line. List was $149 and they are selling it for $68.00. I thought that was too good to pass up. They do not have that in ladies so got the Denim Tour Master for my wife for $59.00 also from Jabrum. Combined on same order and shipping is free, The look really nice and the comments from users were all good. Delivery is Monday.

http://www.jafrum.com/Shop-By-Brand/...h-Mens-Jackets

"THE DOG SLED"
    2011 Spyder Can Am RTS SM5 (Orbital Blue)
    Nuvi 550 GPS With Ram Mount
    Drink 2 Go Cup Holder
    KewlMetal RT Run-Turn-Brake LED
    GloRyder Wolf Paw (in blue)
    DMWMS Decal
    IPS w/
    Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad
    TricLed - Brake Pedal
    Chrome Shortee Antenna

Spyder Garage

Update...received the 2 denim jackets from Jafrum and VERY pleased. Great quality and should be a tad cooler than the BRP leather jacket in warmer weather.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seansr917 View Post
    Thank, ordered the caliber jacket and pants, will get the summer mesh next month.

---
    I have the Can Am Summer Mesh jacket and LOVE IT! It has a quilted liner in it that makes it very flexible when the weather gets cooler.

Spyder Garage

Default Burping gear

When we bought our 2012 LTD my wife bought a lot of the BRP offerings. Seems like high quality stuff, fits her small frame well and the price isn't too out of line. She's happy so the price isn't that important.
    2014 RT Ltd Cognac, many farkles, many smiles, many miles