Spyder Garage

Default 4 Prong Trailer Cord , BRP

I just got the new catalog and I see a trailer adapter for 4 prong trailers, has anybody got one yet or know of them? I thought I had to go to a 5 prong are they saying now we don't ? I know it's $144 but now I won't have to have my trailer wired for both.

Spyder Garage

believe that is if you want to pull the brp trailer behid your truck or car just plug into 4 way trailer plug on vehicle, wont work on spyder

Spyder Garage

The adapter is to pull an RT-622 with a vehicle with a 4-pole connector. To connect a Spyder RT to a 4-pole trailer you need to purchase the 2011/2012 RT-622 Pole Harness (P/N 710002442). You could also purchase the mating Deutsch connector, pins, plugs, and crimping tool instead. The harness can either be directly wired to your trailer or can be made into an adapter by wiring the front portion to the appropriate vehicle trailer connector. Be sure and leave enough length to reach the Spyder connector, which is farther from the hitch than is typical.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!