Thread: 2011 or 2012?

Spyder Garage

Default 2011 or 2012?

My local dealer hasn't received his shipment of 2012s but found a different dealer with a new 2011. Is there that much difference to make it worth waiting for the 2012?

Spyder Garage

It almost boils down to: What color do you want? You should save a little on the 2011. For me, not enough change in either the 2011 or 2012 to change out my 2010 RTS.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It almost boils down to: What color do you want? You should save a little on the 2011. For me, not enough change in either the 2011 or 2012 to change out my 2010 RTS.
    it would save $2500.00 and I can get the same color as the 2012

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dbxray View Post
    it would save $2500.00 and I can get the same color as the 2012
    you can get lots of extra toys - I mean accessories - for that $2500.00.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Don't just settle for the $2,500 reduction for a 2011. They would most likely come off the 2012's at least $1,000. So I would try to get around $3,000 to $3,500 off of the 2011 list price.
    in November of 2010 I bought an 09 RS SE5 for $14,500 with a list of just under $18,000

If they won't come off of the price try to get them to throw in stuff like helmets, jackets etc.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by staysafeonline View Post
    you can get lots of extra toys - I mean accessories - for that $2500.00.

"What??...Oh; nothing, Honey!"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

"What??...Oh; nothing, Honey!"

2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

The 2012 will depreciate about 2-3 Thousand as soon as its off the lot so why not save on the 2011 BUT get more off or Goodies throw in!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I recall somebody telling me that if a dealer sells a demo or previous year Spyder they get a 1,000 credit that can be passed on to you..Might want to check that out or get an indorsement from somebody that knows.

Spyder Garage

My dealer told me that BRP has some dealer incentives to sell the 2011 models. You may want to try working a great deal on a '11 model. I don't see any other major difference other than color selection (if that matters).

Shameless plug:
    I can make you a great deal on a '10 RT-S with 6K miles (see my post in 4 Sale section), if you are interested.

David
    McKinney, TX
    David
    McKinney, TX

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And, Hey, Mr. North Texas Guy, I know where you can get an awesome deal on a previously owned red RS that's just beggin to live in TX again.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yyjnnz
    I'm mobile using Tapatalk
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

What!? - and it wants to come back South again after living up North?

David
    McKinney, TX
    David
    McKinney, TX

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Opportunity is knocking. It's going south for sure. How far south is the question.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?43t3ih
    I'm mobile using Tapatalk
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER SALES VS.COST

IMHO...dealers really aren't making their money on spyder sales......they are making it in the service dept.....$ 175 oil change....which cost me $ 35 with filter.....so I would suggest a much lower starting point.....especially on the 2011 model....ask the dealer what the Blue Book on the 2011 is now even with zero miles on it.....You can also on-line and check the prices at "bensalem " Pa. dealer I think they may be the largest in the U.S., last time I checked their prices were un-believably low....The saleman there said if I flew into Philly airport they would pick me up and have the spyder ready to go.....drive it home....said they have done lots of these deals.....Every dealership has to service your spyder ( and they will because that's the money maker).....look into it ....it won't hurt.....Mike...

Spyder Garage

Default + 1

lowball them, db. you never know what you'll get unless you ask.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We bought our 2011 Spyder R/T for $3.000.00 less than dealer price in January.. Also got 3.9 intrest rate for 3 years. I am sure you can do at least this on a 2011 R/T. Dealers are going to start getting the 2012's in real soon. Riding weather is right around the corner, I think they will really try hard to get rid of the 2011's...Good luck with what ever you get.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oldandgrouchy, BK's forever...
    Regards
    Paul...Radar
    BKAUS ll

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO...dealers really aren't making their money on spyder sales......they are making it in the service dept.....$ 175 oil change....which cost me $ 35 with filter.....so I would suggest a much lower starting point.....especially on the 2011 model....ask the dealer what the Blue Book on the 2011 is now even with zero miles on it.....You can also on-line and check the prices at "bensalem " Pa. dealer I think they may be the largest in the U.S., last time I checked their prices were un-believably low....The saleman there said if I flew into Philly airport they would pick me up and have the spyder ready to go.....drive it home....said they have done lots of these deals.....Every dealership has to service your spyder ( and they will because that's the money maker).....look into it ....it won't hurt.....Mike...
    You're right they have to service your Spyder, but your $175.00 oil change cost me $283.00 because I did not buy the bike from the dealer that services it. The dealer would not get me a red and black bike so I found one at another dealership. ( 5.5 hours away) I went and picked it up. I am stuck with high fees because it is the only dealership in the area

Spyder Garage

I Have had 14 BRP Products since 1989 and the Service Department keeps the dealership running on a day to day basis!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

It's only money, get what you want...
    'Bikeless'

Spyder Garage

Default SERVICE COSTS

Daisyjoe, if you reread my post I do my own oil and filter changes = $ 35.00.........average dealer charges approx. $ 175 .......if you are saying you are being cheated because you didn't buy you're spyder at that dealer I would go to State's or County or City attorney and let them know you are being DISCRIMINATED AGAINST.....you are deffinately being ripped off and I think that sucks.......Mike...

Spyder Garage

Daisyjoe, if you reread my post I do my own oil and filter changes = $ 35.00.........average dealer charges approx. $ 175 .......if you are saying you are being cheated because you didn't buy you're spyder at that dealer I would go to State's or County or City attorney and let them know you are being DISCRIMINATED AGAINST.....you are deffinately being ripped off and I think that sucks.......Mike...

Mike, it sounds like you've had the same experience with the same dealer as I did.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

bought my 2011 in nov at the dealership and i got a 3yr service plan for 1200 so all maint is paid for all intervals also at the end of the 3yrs i can buy another 3yr contract for the same price. so if buy a bike and they offer the maint plan get it its well worth it.and thats my .02 spend it wisely

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dbxray View Post
    My local dealer hasn't received his shipment of 2012s but found a different dealer with a new 2011. Is there that much difference to make it worth waiting for the 2012?
    On a more serious note, I would buy the 2011 and save the money. I wanted a 2011 Limited but there wasn't any available in Pearl White anywhere close by. I opted for the 2012 just for the color, plus I wanted to purchase from my local dealer because I knew that I would need there help with warranty repairs, beside the fact they have been super to deal with from all aspects... I can say now I am glad that I purchased the Limited but I can't say it's worth the difference in money over the RTS...

To my knowledge there isn't any real differences in the 2011 verses the 2012 RTS or Limited. Just hurry up and purchase so we can add another owner to the forum!

'Bikeless'

Spyder Garage

Default DON'T BE SHY

JIM: IF you are refferring to the DEALER FROM HELL "LAND AIR ,ESSEX JCT.VERMONT", Then yes we are on the same page. If I need dealer servicing I will take Her to Valcort Que. before I RETURN to LAND AIR........MIKE..........