Spyder Garage

Wink Looking for a family gathering recommendation in the southest...

I have been put in charge of coordinating a family gathering this summer (2 grand parents, a mom and dad with a 4 year old, a single mom with a 6,4 and 2 year old) and myself (single guy and proud uncle). We are not 'exactly' an outdoor family so things like camping/hiking trips probably aren't up our alley. The beach is out (we have done the past few years) and we will be traveling from NC, SC and Florida.

Anyone have any recommendations of places to go and/or things to do? Thinking we will be doing something the near the end of June and/or the beginning of July.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can offer!!

Spyder Garage

My relatives did a family gathering (8 -10 people) in Tenessee on a houseboat. They said everyone really liked it. It was something like this....

http://www.waterwayadventures.com/locations.html

My wife and I thought about doing one of these trips but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

You may also want to check out Helen, Ga. I hear it is a very nice place, I have this on my list of places to visit.

AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by staysafeonline View Post
    I have been put in charge of coordinating a family gathering this summer (2 grand parents, a mom and dad with a 4 year old, a single mom with a 6,4 and 2 year old) and myself (single guy and proud uncle). We are not 'exactly' an outdoor family so things like camping/hiking trips probably aren't up our alley. The beach is out (we have done the past few years) and we will be traveling from NC, SC and Florida.

Anyone have any recommendations of places to go and/or things to do? Thinking we will be doing something the near the end of June and/or the beginning of July.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can offer!!

How are you going to get from SC to Florida without going through any other states ???

Sorry, I can't help you with recommendations because I'm an outdoors person myself. Good luck with your family gathering.
    Last edited by arntufun; 02-22-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

You've got Silver Springs in Ocala, they have picknick tables for lunch,Glass bottom boats rides and a nice park plus lots of things for kids to see and do,water park. Kids of all ages seem to enjoy it. Bush Garden in Tampa is great for family outing to a little more costly but nice if you haven't been there before. It just depends on what you want to see and do and SPEND$$$. Also there is a very nice Aquarium in Tampa. Here is a few ideas not sure what your likes and dislike are.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I also recommend Helen, Ga. I have been several times. The area is beautiful.